Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 16:09   #121
BHPian

Re: All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools

Apologies for crossposting in this thread as I feel this is more active.

My 15 year old Diamond Silver Octavia has two small rust spots of 2-3mm diameter. What are the options I have instead of going for full panel painting?

Pictures are in the link

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5021684 (Car Rust - Any Solution?)

Thanks.

Last edited by fordday : 18th March 2021 at 16:10. Reason: added info
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:24   #122
BHPian

I am looking to get my old Innova dented and fully re-painted. I wanted to ask around - what might be the charges so that I am not fleeced.

There are scratches/scrapes and dents on almost half of all the panels
Old 18th August 2021, 12:04   #123

Dear Members,

I am in a dilemma and need your advice / guidance.

I drive a 2016 Honda Jazz CVT with 94000 Km on the Odo. I plan to keep the vehicle till 2024

Lot of body panels are badly damaged. I plan to repaint the whole car.

I have got 2 quotes , 1 from Regent Honda and other from Brotomotive, Pune. Both the quotes are al
most identical.

Honda will repaint the car in 10 days , whereas Brotomotive will take around 3 weeks.

I think 10 days is too less to repaint a car.

I need your advice on this . Should I get it repainted from Honda or Brotomotive ?

Can a car be dented and repainted fully in 10 days ? Any feedback on services of Brotomotive?
Old 25th September 2021, 19:34   #124
BHPian

Ofcourse full car can be dented painted in 5-7 days. I have a good car denting painting workshop near my place. It's a Gomechanic flagship workshop (Autofixers).
For fluidic verna I was quoted Rs21000/( Except roof). Or Rs1800-2000 per panel. Negotiable. They have proper paint booth. Good colour matching. DuPont paints, proper denting painting tools, except they don't have electronic denter
Old 13th October 2021, 15:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team, I've been attempting to correct some scratches in my car bumper. I sanded the scratches filled them with Com-paint filler and sprayed with the paint can supplied in their pack. So far so good. But wanted to get opinions on weather I need to wet sand the last color coat before applying clear coat. As you can see the paint is matt finish now.All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-img_20211013_142153.jpg

All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools-img_20211013_142138.jpg
Old 25th January 2022, 20:36   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Trying to understand:

If the paint on a car has dulled due to environmental factors, what would be the cheapest way to get the shine back on apart from regular polishing ?

Can a coat be applied and then a layer of clearcoat ?

Does this need removing the top layer or more from the existing paint ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th January 2022 at 18:07. Reason: As requested
Old 16th March 2022, 10:45   #127
BHPian

I recently got my car's (Swift 2010) bonnet dented and painted. However, after the job I noticed some white stains on the grille and headlights. Is this due to some chemical that was used and left some material? I am worried that the efficacy of headlight may be affected by the minor stains.
Old 9th April 2022, 21:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

Has anyone tried - https://gobumpr.com/mumbai/offers/mu...-body-painting

My Honda Jazz is going to complete 5 years this November.
There are minor scratches here and there, and 2 minor rust spots (Where you fix scruff plates after opening the door).

It's a 2017 Jazz and I plan to keep it for a minimum 10 years as there is no better deal than what I have at the moment.

Wanted to know if anyone has used the above mentioned service, or knows a good paintshop in Mumbai / Thane.
Old 9th August 2022, 21:15   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Hi!

Has anyone tried - https://gobumpr.com/mumbai/offers/mu...-body-painting

My Honda Jazz is going to complete 5 years this November.
There are minor scratches here and there, and 2 minor rust spots (Where you fix scruff plates after opening the door).

It's a 2017 Jazz and I plan to keep it for a minimum 10 years as there is no better deal than what I have at the moment.

Wanted to know if anyone has used the above mentioned service, or knows a good paintshop in Mumbai / Thane.
Hi Parrys,

Did you get the car repainted from gobumpr or any ? I’m in the same boat for my swift which is seven years old in a month and looking for options to repaint the car. Just contemplating whether to go with local garages or branded ones like GoMechanic or gobumpr.

Thanks,
Rudra
Old 9th August 2022, 23:37   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_bvrm View Post
Hi Parrys,

Did you get the car repainted from gobumpr or any ? I’m in the same boat for my swift which is seven years old in a month and looking for options to repaint the car. Just contemplating whether to go with local garages or branded ones like GoMechanic or gobumpr.

Thanks,
Rudra
I did visit their facility, just 5 minutes away from my house in Thane (MH).
Huge facility, plenty of space to park and work on the cars.
Decent paint booth as well.

However, was not convinced with the person I interacted with.

If I am doing it in Mumbai, I might try Autorounders. My discussion with them was more reassuring.
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 19:40   #131
BHPian

Query on my car painting.
Car : Tata Tiago 2016 model, sunburst orange
Body condition : Plenty of scratch, dent as my better half is presently learning to drive
Paint condition : Almost fine though sections of bonnet and bumper has started showing signs of fading
Question 1 : Can we claim insurance for full body painting. How much would be the total cost (Thrissur, kerala). How much insurance amount would I get for my expenses.
Question 2 : If I were to change the paint for say a maroon/grape color, is it advisable to go for full body paint with RTO permission or the sort of 3M wraps (no full idea, would be glad for some elaborations on this)

Thanks in advance
Old 13th October 2022, 22:46   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Query on my car painting.
Car : Tata Tiago 2016 model, sunburst orange
Body condition : Plenty of scratch, dent as my better half is presently learning to drive
Paint condition : Almost fine though sections of bonnet and bumper has started showing signs of fading
Question 1 : Can we claim insurance for full body painting. How much would be the total cost (Thrissur, kerala). How much insurance amount would I get for my expenses.
Question 2 : If I were to change the paint for say a maroon/grape color, is it advisable to go for full body paint with RTO permission or the sort of 3M wraps (no full idea, would be glad for some elaborations on this)

Thanks in advance
You cannot claim insurance for repainting unless it's due to accidental damage.

Full repaint of medium quality would be in the 50-60k range.

Earlier you could get colour change done and approved by RTO. I don't think it's very common nowadays but check with the RTO once if it's still possible.
A wrap would be easier but if you do get it repainted then wait for atleast 2-3 months before wrapping it and change the wrap every 4-5 years
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 23:43   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
I recently got my car's (Swift 2010) bonnet dented and painted. However, after the job, I noticed some white stains on the grille and headlights. Is this due to some chemical that was used and left some material? I am worried that the efficacy of the headlight may be affected by the minor stains.
It's just the putty or body filler powder that happens due to the sanding of the material before a primer is sprayed.

A simple paint brush and soap water can get rid of the powder stuff. Pressure washing may not work well, not advisable too as it's closer to the AC condenser.
Old 13th October 2022, 23:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Trying to understand:

If the paint on a car has dulled due to environmental factors, what would be the cheapest way to get the shine back on apart from regular polishing?

Can a coat be applied and then a layer of clearcoat?

Does this need removing the top layer or more from the existing paint?
I would start with 2000 sandpaper and wet sand it to lose a thin layer of clear coat and also it helps to reduce the overall depth of scratches. Then follow it up with a rubbing compound, then liquid wax of a reputed brand. The car will shine like new.
Old 14th October 2022, 15:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
You cannot claim insurance for repainting unless it's due to accidental damage.

Full repaint of medium quality would be in the 50-60k range.

Earlier you could get colour change done and approved by RTO. I don't think it's very common nowadays but check with the RTO once if it's still possible.
A wrap would be easier but if you do get it repainted then wait for atleast 2-3 months before wrapping it and change the wrap every 4-5 years
Thanks for the reply. Let me ask a silly query. can this wrap be applied on the present body, will it be able to cover the present scratches . Just asking

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks