Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2020, 18:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Many Duster owners are using Liquimoly injector cleaner once every 5,000 km. Do not put the Injector cleaner and keep the vehicle stranded. These are corrosive in nature and might damage other components if kept unused with the fuel in the fuel tank for a substantial time. So best is, use it during a 500-600 km drive and use it up in one go with a tank full of diesel. Am yet to hear a negative review from the owners using this.
Hi, do you recommend to use it even in the vehicles with low odo reading? Mine is Nissan Kicks Diesel and odometer reading is still 2000kms.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 20:01   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, do you recommend to use it even in the vehicles with low odo reading? Mine is Nissan Kicks Diesel and odometer reading is still 2000kms.
It's difficult to say like that. Places where moisture content is high or during monsoon, chances of water entering the chambers in petrol bunks are higher. So it's safe to use when in doubt, else to be on the safer side, using it once every 5-10k km depending on your gut feeling should be fine.

As your vehicle is under warranty, using this may void the warranty as these are not recommended by the company. So coincidentally while using this, your car's Injector fails and company tests the fuel sample from your car and find this, warranty may be denied!
I will suggest you to wait for now. Just make sure you refuel from reputed bunks, rest is luck!
Am yet to use it in my Duster.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 14:33   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Everyone talks about the injectors because it fails, and is costly. But even more than this, Renault and its dealers attitude towards its rear brake problems leaves me aghast.
Sorry! What is that rear brake problem in duster? Is it a ubiquitous problem like the injector? or Did i miss any discussion here, if there had any, on this rear brake issue?

Quote:
It's the same. If you read the product description, they have mentioned- This additive keeps your diesel engine, injectors and other components clean..
Thanks Samba for that piece of information. Its time for me to feed another dose of Liquimoly

Last edited by BlackPearl : 26th July 2020 at 17:19. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.
ssedrgmechtvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 16:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedrgmechtvc View Post
Sorry! What is that rear brake problem in duster?
The lining separates from the shoe. Renault treats it as a wear and tear problem, not manufacturing defect. And dealers see this as a money making opportunity. Of course there are good dealers and bad dealers.
Common enough. Am sure Samba, and others can give more details.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 21:59   #80

Oh. that's quite unfortunate of a duster owner to have a double whammy! . Luckily i didn't face any such issue yet.
Old 19th October 2020, 10:35   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedrgmechtvc View Post
Hardly 30,000 kms. in the odometer.

3 injectors have already gone kaput during the warranty period. Last week 2 more failed. Bittersweet ownership experience of this Duster 4wd RxZ is turning into a miserable one, as the vehicle is now out of the warranty period and TVS Trivandrum is asking for 68K for replacing these two injectors.

Something is terribly wrong with the injectors of duster 4WD. I've already made Renault know my disgruntlement during the 3 free replacements during warranty period. This time when they informed me that it would be a paid one, I told them that I won't be paying a penny for it and am taking my vehicle back. After a few minutes they called me back and told that they can replace one injector free of cost as a goodwill gesture and I straightaway refused it. When i went to take back the vehicle, to my surprise, the infamous red warning light + ESP was gone and when I asked them, they told that they had reset the computer and its re-appearance is only a matter of time.

I drove back the vehicle home and now I've clocked more than 50 kms. after that. What surprises me is that there is no feeling of loss of power or shuddering - the blatant symptoms of this disease. If the injectors were really faulty, how does the car deliver top notch performance as normal, even if the ECU was tweaked?

Anyway I'm planning to move court as Renault still couldn't either accept their injectors are substandard or demystify the reason for injector failures due to use of adulterated fuel, when a whole lot of cars both cheaper and costlier than this duster are out there on the road, running smoothly on the same 'adulterated fuel'
Hi ssedrgmechtvc,
I guess so many of us are having this injector issue that it would be better to file a class action lawsuit against Renault.

If you guys are planning to sue then please count me in.
This has to stop somewhere.

Regards...
Nash
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:56   #82

Hi Nash, when a sweet deal came calling, despite the bittersweet ownership experience with dusty, i decided to trade it off for good. But some times i feel i miss her for the
sheer driving pleasure she offers when all the cylinders are firing properly. Anyways for all of you who goes through this ordeal of glaring injector failure problem, i wish a speedy resolution.

Regards
Old 3rd November 2020, 08:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Many Duster owners are using Liquimoly injector cleaner once every 5,000 km. Do not put the Injector cleaner and keep the vehicle stranded. These are corrosive in nature and might damage other components if kept unused with the fuel in the fuel tank for a substantial time. So best is, use it during a 500-600 km drive and use it up in one go with a tank full of diesel. Am yet to hear a negative review from the owners using this.
I used liquimoly and another injector failed after 2000km..My 7th injector.
bdman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 01:21   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
High time Renault addressed this or point-blank cover under warranty. We have been going through this issue multiple times and getting stranded middle of nowhere on multiple occasions. The latest one is turning really ugly. More details soon.
Hi Jaggu,

Understand thhat it's been some time since your post but have you got any update as to how Renault is dealing with this issue?
I am at my wits end and definitely willing to sue them in consumer court.
Don't know what will be the end result but it is sure to give them bad publicity and drop in sales if I make enough noise.

Had this problem since 1.5 years of buying the Duster and everytime the service center people erased the error through OBD tool and said it shouldn't recur only to recur in a few months time.
They never told me it was their problem ofcourse, let alone acknowledge it.

Asa the warranty expired within 1 month they asked me to replace it at my own expense.
That's just unethical and illegal I think. Now after replacing 1 it seems 2 & 3 have failed and 4th is weak.

They are saying they can service it now with 6 months warranty but can't replace it at their expense.

My point is that this problem will keep recurring so they need to recall or replace like any ethical automobile brand will do.

Need some customers facing similar issues to sue Renault together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
I used liquimoly and another injector failed after 2000km..My 7th injector.
Hi bdman .. Please keep us posted on your resolution by Renault.
Old 4th November 2020, 10:14   #85
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash007 View Post
I am at my wits end and definitely willing to sue them in consumer court.
Since the Diesel Duster is out of production, I don't think it will do them any harm sales wise. They are hardly pushing 300 vehicles a month.

If you have copies of the job cards from the ASC or remember the dates on which you reported the issues while your vehicle was in warranty, you should take it up with Renault in a chronological manner. Even if they do not reply that builds up a stronger case against them. Fault codes are never completely erased I guess, they are still logged there and lie dormant. If they have offered a repair then go ahead with it but log it on an e-mail to Renault Customer care questioning their standard procedures in such cases.

Was wondering if a failed injector has any effect on the exhaust. Does your vehicle with the bad injectors fail PUC? in that case you can put it in a way that Renault has been building cars that are polluting the environment.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 12:56   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Jaggu,

Understand thhat it's been some time since your post but have you got any update as to how Renault is dealing with this issue?
They are dealing with it as if the issue is not a faulty part, but a normal wear and tear. If you are lucky, you will have warranty cover it. Or else pay from your pocket.

If you plan to keep it, see if you can replace the whole set with the newer trouble free one (workshop will know), but it has to be the whole set and not one by one.
Old 6th November 2020, 20:09   #87
BHPian

All four injectors replaced in my Duster AWD. Two failed at 35k, the 3rd at 67k and the last one at 67.5k. The first 2 failed on the highway, the 3rd was replaced during the 70k service and the last one during a trip, but fortunately very close to home. Every time it took one week in Renault service. I have one more year to go with the 6th year extended warranty. Let us see how the injectors hold up. Returned from an 800km trip to Munnar and the vehicle performed beautifully on the forest roads, and other bad, potholed interior roads. Loved the drive.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 06:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Hi bdman .. Please keep us posted on your resolution by Renault.
Some of us have formed a whatsapp group for Duster Owners with injector failures, please feel free to join up.. We would like to identify all owners who have experienced these injector failures. Please whatsapp: nine six three three zero six five six seven three to join the group
bdman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 19:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Some of us have formed a whatsapp group for Duster Owners with injector failures, please feel free to join up.. We would like to identify all owners who have experienced these injector failures. Please whatsapp: nine six three three zero six five six seven three to join the group
Thanks Team BHP.. We have a few more members who have joined our whatsapp group..
Old 1st March 2021, 15:50   #90
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - OBD error

Hello,

I have a 2015 model 110 PS AWD. Have had a fantastic experience with no issues so far.

I have connected a Autowiz OBD device and recently started getting error codes P0094 - Fuel System leak and P0380 Glow plug malfunction.

There has been no performance issues nor any warning lights in the dashboard.

Took it to the Renault service center and they confirmed that the errors are showing in the logs and that they will revert back after the diagnosis.

Has any one faced similar issues ? Any pointers to probable cause/s ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks