Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 12:19   #106
bht
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.maverick View Post
I have a 2012 model Duster 110 ps and recently the engine warning came on and stayed during a trip. I got it checked from the renault ASC and they came back mentioning an issue with injector(no4) - replacement cost 28K. I was able to find out a dealer (Hema Diesels - Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore) with help from a friend and the issue was promptly repaired within a few hours by repacling the sensor on the injector - costed me 9.8k. The team was professional, well informed and had clear knowledge on the issue. The pricing was also very nominal. They are a small shop but are specialized in injector, fuelpump issues for all Diesel vehicles. They mostly repair the injector than replace them.
This is actually a good news. would you mind sharing their contact details here so others can also benefit incase they run in to inevitable injector issues.
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:56   #107

My 2016 duster awd (32K) on a drive from bangalore to pondicherry (over the weekend) - started throwing warning lights (attached images). The warnings went off and came back intermittently, and the engine pickup started becoming sluggish in 5th gear between 50 -70 kmph. Without any option we ambled for 100+ kms and reached renault vellore. They diagnosed it as a fuel injector failure and it needs to be replaced (28k) further they recommended to get all the other 3 injectors overhauled, get the diesel tank cleaned and the diesel filter changed (total 55K repair). The overhauling and diesel tank cleaning was a 48 hour downtime, so we got the diesel filter changed and the single injector replaced (spent 30K under running repair).

I had recently filled at a HP facility and i was told the contaminated diesel and the diesel filter that was not changed in the last PMS were the culprit. Now i am getting conflicting recommendations, my local Renault Service is saying the injector overhauling and diesel tank cleaning is not needed, just only put Shell premium diesel and it should be fine.

I asked about diesel fuel injector cleaner to be used and the service center is recommending against it saying it might lead to some premature knocking of the fuel. Any suggestions from others on what preventive maintenance to undertake, sure do not want to shell (3 X 30K) for replacing all the injectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue-whatsapp-image-20220718-1.54.13-pm.jpeg  

Old 29th July 2022, 17:10   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
would you mind sharing their contact details here so others can also benefit incase they run in to inevitable injector issues.
Hema diesels contact number and address is available on google maps (099802 00839)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadsam View Post
Any suggestions from others on what preventive maintenance to undertake, sure do not want to shell (3 X 30K) for replacing all the injectors.
I would not recommend to change the injectors if there is no warning light coming in the car. Hema Diesels in Bangalore is one option where you can get the injectors changed or repaired at cheaper rates (new one costs 20K instead of 28K and if repair is possible, it might be even less). The Renault ASC will usually go by the company recommended measures and will probably cost us more.

One other alternative is - diesel additives for injector cleaning - specially when you go out of station and are not sure about the fuel quality (have not tried this but they seem to work from what I see in other reviews). There are multiple options for this and can be looked upon by simple google search.
naveen.maverick is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 20:50   #109
BHPian

Why the injector problem is so common across 110PS variants? What is the reason behind that?
Old 19th August 2022, 21:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Why the injector problem is so common across 110PS variants? What is the reason behind that?
There is an inherent faulty wiring harness issue on some of 110 ps dusters/terranos but renault/dealer are minting money by not replacing the wiring harness. Have heard multiple instances where people have reported multiple injector failures (check Samba’s duster thread and many more) where after replacing the wiring harness the issue does not pop up.

Shame on Renault/Nissan on not doing a vehicle recall and fixing the wiring harness issue. I am in a group where multiple owners have fighting it out even legally.

https://www.change.org/p/indian-tran...le-manufacture

Last edited by SideView : 19th August 2022 at 21:39.
SideView is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 09:48   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
There is an inherent faulty wiring harness issue on some of 110 ps dusters/terranos but renault/dealer are minting money by not replacing the wiring harness. Have heard multiple instances where people have reported multiple injector failures (check Samba’s duster thread and many more) where after replacing the wiring harness the issue does not pop up.

Shame on Renault/Nissan on not doing a vehicle recall and fixing the wiring harness issue. I am in a group where multiple owners have fighting it out even legally.

It seems the wiring harness is the culprit. I feel the Carmakers must have recalled the vehicles.
Phukan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 09:32   #112

I've been looking at pre-owned dusters (110ps and AWD). The car seems to meet all my requirements (ground clearance, boot space, decent power, driver leg room for tall people). Most cars have run around 70-90k kms. Should i go for it? Is there anyway to know if i will run into problems? The inconsistency and sudden nature of the issue worries me
Old 13th January 2024, 08:19   #113
BHPian

Bumping up old thread

Is there any particular series of K9K engine that is more prone to these injector issues?
I recently purchased a diesel Kicks which is based on the Duster. SA at ASC told me that injector issues occur rarely in engines manufactured post 2018.
Engine number of my car starts with K9kR856. I think first lot of Duster had engines from R832 series.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 18th January 2024, 11:05   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.maverick View Post
Hema diesels contact number and address is available on google maps (099802 00839)

One other alternative is - diesel additives for injector cleaning - specially when you go out of station and are not sure about the fuel quality (have not tried this but they seem to work from what I see in other reviews). There are multiple options for this and can be looked upon by simple google search.
Thanks Naveen, I'm having a 2017 Renault Captur, again with the same 110 PS Diesel Engine as in Duster. I got the "Check Fuel Injector" Warning lights first in Feb 2022 on my way from Bengaluru to Hyderabad at 10:00 pm in the night between Ananthapur and Kurnool. Not to mention it was an adventurous night with my wife and two boys.

Initially it was a warning light which soon turned into "Engine Hazard" Red light. We towed the vehicle all the way to Ananthapur at midnight and got the fuel removed and fuel lines cleaned the next day to remove the alert.

After that episode, all was good until we were on our way to Chikmagalur and Jog Falls and we got the same episode near Hassan... This time we ignored the warning and drove on and the lights cleared on by themselves after a while. Had similar incidents on my drive to Kanyakumari last year and a few times within the city as well and we ignored everytime.

Again got this issue yesterday, but this time the engine firing is not proper and the vehicle is sounding like a truck... So logged onto TBHP and saw your message regarding Hema Diesels... Just spoke to Kumar and asked him to send someone with the scanner and a spare fuel injector. I thought I might as well keep a spare injector and learn how to replace it incase this is going to be a recurring problem... Let's see, he said he is arranging to send someone to my place... Will keep you guys posted...

Last edited by man23ish : 18th January 2024 at 11:07.
Old 18th January 2024, 11:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post

Thanks and Signed the petition as well. Can someone add my number +91-9902156979 to the whatsapp group for the Renault 110 PS Fuel Injector Problem... Btw, I couldn't find Samba's duster thread regarding the Fuel Injector issue...
Old 1st March 2024, 00:23   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPoison View Post
I've been looking at pre-owned dusters (110ps and AWD). The car seems to meet all my requirements (ground clearance, boot space, decent power, driver leg room for tall people). Most cars have run around 70-90k kms. Should i go for it? Is there anyway to know if i will run into problems? The inconsistency and sudden nature of the issue worries me
I'm now wondering the same. I think replacing the wiring harness is possible. Checking the service history for any potential injector replacements might give some idea. The awd is definitely the best duster option especially with the retuned engine.
venukrithish is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks