Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 21:57   #91
bht
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - OBD error

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Hello,

I have connected a Autowiz OBD device and recently started getting error codes P0094 - Fuel System leak and P0380 Glow plug malfunction.

There has been no performance issues nor any warning lights in the dashboard.

Hi @adnaps,

did you get any resolution on P0380 code?

am seeing it too on my 2014 110ps adventure version and see no warning lights on the dash and see no perceivable performance issues too...
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:06   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
Hi @adnaps,

did you get any resolution on P0380 code?

am seeing it too on my 2014 110ps adventure version and see no warning lights on the dash and see no perceivable performance issues too...
Yes , resolved now with replacement of the 2 glow plugs. The only symptom was before replacement was a few seconds longer starting cranking time.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:53   #93
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Yes , resolved now with replacement of the 2 glow plugs. The only symptom was before replacement was a few seconds longer starting cranking time.
Thanks, apart from lower mileage, I too have noticed higher starting cranking time, I had assumed it to be because of irregular usage due to lockdowns and also relatively weaker battery.

How much did they charge and where did you get it done?
any perceptible differences in performance ( apart from quicker starts) after glow plug replacement?
Old 13th August 2021, 10:55   #94
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue

[quote=bdman;4926627]Some of us have formed a whatsapp group for Duster Owners with injector failures, please feel free to join up.. We would like to identify all owners who have experienced these injector failures. Please use this link: https://*******************/09uLpLEvIjk5AJfgZCvCnb
Old 25th September 2021, 13:26   #95
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I'm in the market for a used Duster AWD (diesel) and there area few low-run vehicles (2014 model) in the used car market.

The Duster AWD seems like a nice all-rounder and checks most of the boxes. However, due to the widely reported injector failure issue (thank you for this insight duster owners and team bhp 🙏 ) I'm now very sceptical about going for a used Duster AWD . The car will be used for family trips that too with newborns and toddlers. So, reliability is a big factor in my purchase.

My questions to the forum members and duster AWD owners are:

1. Has Renault resolved the issue and can they apply a fix for current cars on the road? If yes, what are the costs for getting this done on a car that is out of warranty?

2. Is the issue specific to peizo injectors only? Can I install an aftermarket injector from another brand and resolve the issue proactive from my end? What could be costs for aftermarket units? I've read that continental injectors are available for dusters.

I can workout the costs for the fixes in the showroom or aftermarket injectors while purchasing the vehicle is what I'm thinking.

Can anyone help answer these questions please? Thanks in advance 🙏

Regards,
Suraj
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:30   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I'm in the market for a used Duster AWD (diesel) and there area few low-run vehicles (2014 model) in the used car market.

Can anyone help answer these questions please? Thanks in advance ��

Regards,
Suraj
I am not an AWD owner by but a 110PS owner. I have suffered 6 breakdown between 40,000 and 57,000km all with the ECM error code "Injector Circuit Failure" and I have spent considerable time researching this issue. I am also an Engineer by education. In answer to your questions:

1. No. Even some 2020 model vehicles are suffering multiple injector failure. In 2020, 5 years after complaints started, Renault has begun to replace the Engine Wiring Harness. But, only time will tell if the this the root cause of multiple injector failures.

2. Yes. No. Continental are the OEM suppliers of injectors. And now the same injectors are being rebranded as Nissan after many of us started reaching out directly to Continental for a solution.

As far as I know you cannot change the injector brand unless you either reprogram the ECM or the replacement injector has been coded (code printed on the injector) in the format and values recognized by the Duster ECM. I am not aware of any one who has changed the brand of injectors.

Further up on this thread there are details of a whatsapp group that has been created with more than 150 members. If you pose your questions there, you may get more prompt response. But, it is important to share information here too.

Team BHP has been very useful for us in identifying 110PS owners and helping them with the injector issue.

THANKS TEAM BHP!

Last edited by bdman : 3rd November 2021 at 16:58.
bdman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:37   #97
BHPian

An online petition has been created to draw much needed attention to the multiple and premature injector failures being experienced by Renault/Nissan owners. We are now confident that it is due to a manufacturing defect.

Please feel free to follow the link, read the comments , Sign and Share the petition.

https://chng.it/vxtm8V7R

The whatsapp group has also filed an official petition with Gadkari's office to investigate Renault India's practices and Recall the defective vehicles.

A new law, enacted April 2021, allows consumers to do so fr any vehicle.

Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by bdman : 3rd November 2021 at 16:59.
Old 29th November 2021, 16:04   #98
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
I am not an AWD owner by but a 110PS owner. I have suffered 6 breakdown between 40,000 and 57,000km all with the ECM error code "Injector Circuit Failure" and I have spent considerable time researching this issue. I am also an Engineer by education. In answer to your questions:

1. No. Even some 2020 model vehicles are suffering multiple injector failure. In 2020, 5 years after complaints started, Renault has begun to replace the Engine Wiring Harness. But, only time will tell if the this the root cause of multiple injector failures.

2. Yes. No. Continental are the OEM suppliers of injectors. And now the same injectors are being rebranded as Nissan after many of us started reaching out directly to Continental for a solution.

As far as I know you cannot change the injector brand unless you either reprogram the ECM or the replacement injector has been coded (code printed on the injector) in the format and values recognized by the Duster ECM. I am not aware of any one who has changed the brand of injectors.

Further up on this thread there are details of a whatsapp group that has been created with more than 150 members. If you pose your questions there, you may get more prompt response. But, it is important to share information here too.

Team BHP has been very useful for us in identifying 110PS owners and helping them with the injector issue.

THANKS TEAM BHP!
Thanks Bdman, though am yet to join the whatsapp group (will do soon), did we have any positive feedback in the group on wiring harness and subsequent injector issues and if it did really help solve it?

also how much does it cost to change it proactively if it helps ( hoping its cheaper than an injector)
Old 29th November 2021, 16:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Duster 110PS AMT owner here.

The Duster is a car that I love-and-hate. The car is fantastic to drive, especially on a curvy highway and the power delivery is just terrific. However, the dreaded Continental injector failure and the completely irresponsible approach of Renault will make you go mad.

My Duster (2017 APR) has suffered 2 injector failures, one in 47K and the other in 52K. Both were "catastrophic" failures - means you simply somehow limp to the nearest Renault SS. In my case, both happened within 20kms from it. The reliability factor of this car therefore, is almost zero. Also one should think twice before selling his Duster to friends/family circle as you might be eventually tagged as a cheat thanks to Continental.

Also changed, the AC compressor. The compressor clutch has failed and the whole thing was changed as the clutch is integrated. Thankfully, all these happened when the car was under warranty, else it would have been Rs31K +31K+40K.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 12:38   #100

Have a 2013 110 PS Duster that's done 55k. Got the dreaded malfunction light while driving. Service center changed a glow plug. Drove around 400 km on a trip before the same light came on, this time with the bonus of the STOP light.

Now I'm told, one of the fuel injectors needs to be replaced. When asked if this is a common issue with the Duster, the advisor casually replied, "Some people have replaced so many more." I guess I should feel privileged Or maybe I'm supposed to expect more replacements in the future.

Anyway, just wanted to humbly accept the honour of being inducted into this prestigious club
pillionrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 22:34   #101
BHPian

@bdman and others

My cousin is planning to buy a used RXZ 110 PS AWD from Kerala. I see that this Injector Failure is reported by many owners and Renault has not done much to address the issue. Is there a way we can proactively check whether this particular vehicle has this issue or could end up having this issue? Or is it like every vehicle with this Continental injector runs this risk? Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 07:26   #102
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venks View Post
Is there a way we can proactively check whether this particular vehicle has this issue or could end up having this issue? Or is it like every vehicle with this Continental injector runs this risk?
It can’t be said for sure which cars or which injectors are going to fail. It is not batch specific.

While it appears to be totally random, from my knowledge, cars in the coastal belt have a higher failure rate.

Only thing you can check is the vehicle service history which will be available by providing the VIN to Renault ASC who can give you a print out or PDF.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 17:24   #103
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
It can’t be said for sure which cars or which injectors are going to fail. It is not batch specific.

While it appears to be totally random, from my knowledge, cars in the coastal belt have a higher failure rate.

Only thing you can check is the vehicle service history which will be available by providing the VIN to Renault ASC who can give you a print out or PDF.
yes, vehicle history would show if there were any replaced till date or any mention of them going weak. only other thing/test I can think of is the back pressure test that they do for the injectors and see if any of them are weak or going to fail.

But again, injector failure is catastrophic and happens all of the sudden with out any warnings. Its like an ticking time bomb, will always be on your mind and waiting for inevitable to happen.
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 20:01   #104
BHPian

Thanks @Tgo and @bht. Given that many people have faced the issue and no fool-proof way to proactively find the risk, we have dropped the idea of buying 110PS Duster.
Old 31st March 2022, 17:46   #105

I have a 2012 model Duster 110 ps and recently the engine warning came on and stayed during a trip. I got it checked from the renault ASC and they came back mentioning an issue with injector(no4) - replacement cost 28K. I was able to find out a dealer (Hema Diesels - Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore) with help from a friend and the issue was promptly repaired within a few hours by repacling the sensor on the injector - costed me 9.8k. The team was professional, well informed and had clear knowledge on the issue. The pricing was also very nominal. They are a small shop but are specialized in injector, fuelpump issues for all Diesel vehicles. They mostly repair the injector than replace them.
naveen.maverick is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks