Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 02:56   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
For that rate, I can fill (not top up) all 5 tyres 3 times around.
Really ?? I paid 40 bucks for a tyre first time & none for top ups so far.
Old 8th June 2007, 09:40   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What about top-ups? I hope they dont cost the same because if they do....its better to check regular air-pressure with every fillup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Really ?? I paid 40 bucks for a tyre first time & none for top ups so far.
I paid 50/- per tyre months and months ago. Top-ups are free.

In fact, I got an alignment check done 2 months back, and then they removed all the nitrogen from the tyres (emptied them 100%) and refilled them for free
Old 8th June 2007, 09:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

actually a nitrogen cylinder comes for approx Rs 300 with about more than 30 kg of nitrogen in it...or we can say we can charge approx more then 10 cars with this much gas now do the math youself
Old 8th June 2007, 10:31   #139
Team-BHP Support

The ACID test with my pressure guage
Time : 5:00pm, after a city run with turns etc., at moderate speeds. pressure = 210Kpa(30.45PSI)
Time : 10:00am, car in basement overnight cooling, pressure = 200KPa, 29 PSI

With normal air the pressure variation used to be around 4-5PSI, and even more after highway high speed runs now its 1.5PSI. Highway run I am expecting around 2-3PSI max variation.
So atleast one claim of nitrogen inflation is true.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:51   #140
Senior - BHPian

Very well tested TSK....What pressure did u fill in your tyre?? 29psi??
I'm yet to fill my tyres with nitrogen. Dont think there's anyone who has Nitrogen filling equipment here in Faridabad..!
It was Rs 70 per tyre in TVM 5 months back....
Old 8th June 2007, 10:53   #141
Team-BHP Support

I don't know what would my guage have shown at time of filling, I used the nitrogen machines gauge to fill in 32PSI. May be a caliberation issue with mine. But since the before and after tests are done with same pressure gauge, this gives a rough idea of the tire pressure variation.
Old 8th June 2007, 11:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What about top-ups?
I dont know about top-ups because i have not visited that garage yet but seen their ad in newspaper. will conform about top-ups at the time when i will fill nitrogen.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:07   #143
BHPian

Madhus Enterprises - Nitrogen air filling rip-off...

I had filled my Accent's Tyres with Nitrogen from Madhus Enterprises on 12-06-2007. My car runs on 185/60 R14 on stock Alloy Rims + Bridgestone Potenza Tubed Tyres. I had filled 32 PSI and had paid Rs. 100 /- for 05 Tyres. I was informed that the top-ups will be free of cost for the next 06 months. Today morning I got them re-checked. It had reduced to 24 PSI. I got the top-up for free. But, I saw a placard which mentioned that they have hiked the price to Rs. 30 /- per tyre w.e.f 01-07-2007. And I was told that the top-ups will be free for only one month from the date of first filling and it will be on chargeable basis from thereon !!! One of them even informed me that after three months, the entire Nitrogen will have to be removed and re-filled (on chargeable basis, of course). This is nothing but rip-off on customers.

Earlier when I was getting the regular air top-ups from the petrol pumps, the decrease in air pressure was about 2-3 PSI on an average in 10-12 days. BTW, I have to travel about 1 KM from my house to get the air top-up and this has been observed over the past 12-15 months.

In my case, I did not notice major difference in ride quality and neither is the Nitrogen staying for a longer time - one of the prime reasons that I opted to switch over to Nitrogen filling is to avoid filling the tyres with air regularly.

So, is filling Nitrogen after paying a fancy amount - almost equals to the money that many of us will be spending for about 09-10 months of regular air filling and more ever the hassles of driving all the way to Madhus Enterprises in Shanthi Nagar with horrible traffic to cope up, meagre parking space, callous attendents etc worth it ?

Any similar experiences with other forum members ?
Old 5th July 2007, 22:59   #144
Team-BHP Support

Checked air after a month, pressure drops to 28ps, about 4ps drop in a month.
I guess thats slighly better than normal air, not much difference.
Had to fill normal air, as "free nitrogen" machine is out of order
Old 6th July 2007, 21:07   #145
BHPian

Hi All - I went to madhus on mission/jc road today (before divyashree chambers) for wheel balancing and alignment. Saw the nitrogen ad there and asked the attendant to fill it up - he recommended not needed and said dont waste money. Then I just saw this thread on tbhp and read all of it - n now I am super confused
I dont mind filling this stuff once if topups are free or minimal charge, but emptying the tires and payin 30 per tire every mnths seems too much.

Lets see maybe I will give it a try morrow but tell me guys if i wanna switch back to air do i need to remove nitrogen 100% n fill air or can just start using air (given that it is 78% nitrogen anyways)

-j
Old 7th July 2007, 07:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

You dont have to change the nitrogen every month. That is just a gimmick to make more money. I have nitrogen in my car tyres for the last six months and I have never changed it. Moreover the pressure variation in my car has only benn about 1 - 2 psi/month.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:28   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
I had filled my Accent's Tyres with Nitrogen from Madhus Enterprises on 12-06-2007. My car runs on 185/60 R14 on stock Alloy Rims + Bridgestone Potenza Tubed Tyres.

In my case, I did not notice major difference in ride quality and neither is the Nitrogen staying for a longer time - one of the prime reasons that I opted to switch over to Nitrogen filling is to avoid filling the tyres with air regularly.

So, is filling Nitrogen after paying a fancy amount - almost equals to the money that many of us will be spending for about 09-10 months of regular air filling and more ever the hassles of driving all the way to Madhus Enterprises in Shanthi Nagar with horrible traffic to cope up, meagre parking space, callous attendents etc worth it ?

Harsh, IMHO I guess Nitrogen in Tyres is normally meant for Tubeless Tyres. Maybe this is why you have not been able to note any difference in Ride or longer duration to deflation. The experts may stop by with a comment, am sure, and would definitely correct me if am wrong.
Old 8th July 2007, 12:08   #148
BHPian

Hi All - so i went to madhus yesterday and got nitrogen filled in my tubeless tires - 185/60/R13 80H tubeless yokohamas on my santro - they attendant was quite suprised i was there for nitrogen as 2 days back while doing wheel balancing alignment he had said don't waste your money on nitrogen

So he raised the car of the ground and let open the valves for 2 mins - does all the air leak out of the tire this way???

After this he filled nitrogen in all 4 tires (he said test these if you feel good come for refil and we will put it in spare tire also). The charge was 30X4 = 120rs.

I had a friend along who was quite sceptic about the nitrogen causing any changes and he kept saying cars still the same, and confused me more

Will update soon of any differences after driving a bit around
Old 9th July 2007, 11:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
But, I saw a placard which mentioned that they have hiked the price to Rs. 30 /- per tyre w.e.f 01-07-2007. And I was told that the top-ups will be free for only one month from the date of first filling and it will be on chargeable basis from thereon !!! One of them even informed me that after three months, the entire Nitrogen will have to be removed and re-filled (on chargeable basis, of course). This is nothing but rip-off on customers.

Last Friday I had been to their shop for Nitrogen top-up. They said its Rs.30/tyre either for refill or top-up . I felt its not worth it and I am back to air
Old 9th July 2007, 11:44   #150
Team-BHP Support

The HP Pump before Lonavala while heading to Pune from Mumbai on the expressway offers Nitrogen filling in tyres. I refused to fill Nitrogen though .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks