Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 23:27   #226
Senior - BHPian

Madhu's charges Rs90/tyre for nitrogen filling if im not mistaken. Seems like other places are way cheaper!

My cars beginning to pull to the left again... alignment and balancing was fine and incorrect PSI was the culprit. After I re-filled nitrogen it was fine.

Need to investigate just hope there nothing wrong with the tyre/alloy.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:33   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Madhu's charges Rs90/tyre for nitrogen filling if im not mistaken. Seems like other places are way cheaper!

My cars beginning to pull to the left again... alignment and balancing was fine and incorrect PSI was the culprit. After I re-filled nitrogen it was fine.

OMG 90 bucks per tyre. That means 450bucks for 4 tyres+1 spare.
Don't you think this is unnecssary?? I found that the tyre pressure doesn't drop for a period of 15days atleast. I fill air once in 15 days when i go for tank filling at the local petrol station.

Even if you refill normal air and give say 5 bucks to the guy who fills it(it is supposed to be free though), it works out to hardly 120 bucks for 1 year.

Even if you fill Nitrogen twice in an year will cost you close to 1000 bucks .
Old 15th January 2008, 11:05   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

no... it is more like 40/- per tyre.
Old 27th January 2008, 10:55   #229
rippergeo

I filled nitrogen in the DDiS, 50Rs per tyre, refills free of charge for the next 3 months. I'm running G3s on stock rims(185/70) so far, I have felt no difference. have to recheck mileage to see what happens.

33PSI in the front and 31 PSI in the rear, works for me.

i have a distinct feeling- this is like the baldness cure. atleast in day to day driving on tubeless tyres, how much difference can it make?

Old 1st February 2008, 01:20   #230
BHPian

Hi,

Wanted to know if the air with nitrogen will stay for 6 months as they say
Old 24th March 2008, 10:44   #231
BHPian

Yesterday I left my car for service at RNS motors and they filled nitrogen for 60 rupees only. Its very cheap. I mean for all 5 tyres they completely deflated it and inflated with nitrogen for only 60 bucks. What ever said and done even if the pressure does not drop fo 3-6 months its worth paying 60 bucks.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:33   #232
Senior - BHPian

In January 2008, Consumer Reports (CR) tested the claim that filling tyres with nitrogen instead of air is supposed to keep them fuller longer. (Tyres that are correctly inflated give the optimum fuel economy and tire wear and are more durable.) In the US, some tyre retailers and car dealers offer a free nitrogen-inflation service; others typically charge about $5 to $20 per tyre. It seems to be around Rs. 40-80/tyre here.

CR took 31 pairs of passenger-car tyres and filled one of each pair with air and the other with nitrogen, setting inflation pressure at 30 pounds per square inch (psi) at room temperature. It set the tyres outdoors for one year, then rechecked pressure at room temperature.

CR found that the claim isn't totally hot air. All of the tyres lost pressure, but nitrogen-filled tyres lost less: an average of 2.2 psi, vs. 3.5 psi for airfilled tires. However, with either filling, one has to check tyre inflation monthly, which means that paying for nitrogen doesn't make much sense.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:10   #233
BHPian

More Over It May,Make us a little more lazy to check the tyre pressure , due to the fact that we know that the pressure ain't gonna drop. Right ?

Old 9th May 2008, 16:59   #234

Guys ... check out Nitrogen Tire Inflation Systems by Nitrofill
The website claims -
·In 7 million miles of truck tire testing, nitrogen inflated tires lasted longer.
·Tire failures were reduced by 50%
·Tread life was increased by 25-30%
·Improves steering
·Improves handling
·Improves braking
·Reduces chance of tire failure
·Dramatically slows pressure loss from permeation
·Improves fuel economy
·Reduces tire oxidation
·Eliminates interior wheel corrosion
·Reduces running temperatures

I have filled my tyres this morning with Nitrogen. It cost me Rs. 25/- a tyre. The guy guarantees 4-6 months. I'm not sure if the handling is better yet because I haven't been able to drive enough on an empty road. But so far, whatever I have driven (about 4 kms or so from this place to home), I did not feel much of a difference.

I'm going on a Kerala trip on May-15, 2008. The route is Pune - Belgaum - Udupi - Kochi - Allepey - Thekkady - Munnar - Bangalore - Pune. Will be doing about 3500 kms in 10 days. I'll let you guys know how it went with Nitrogen in place of our good old "fukat" hawa!

BTW, the car is a Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th May 2008 at 18:02.
Old 9th May 2008, 18:26   #235
Senior - BHPian

what pressure did you use ramesh?
Old 9th May 2008, 20:18   #236
BHPian

I saw a sign board in MSM, chennai. "Fill Nitrogen for your car tires for Rs. 150". I have to try it once and see the results.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:29   #237
BHPian

Dry Nitrogen

I tried filling Nitrogen. I feel its a total waste of money.
There was no difference in the drive feeling between Air and Nitrogen.
Claims that once you fill Nitrogen you don't need to fill for 6 months are all false. The pressure did come down in 2 weeks time.
Mine were on Tubeless tyres.

Now I just stick to the regular air which is Rs 5/- for all tyres.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:37   #238
Team-BHP Support

RNS service centre now fill nitrogen in all the tyres when you go for a service. They are also very reasonable at Rs.75 for all the tyres which is included in the bill.

I would have thought they would ask before filling but being just 75 bucks for all 5 tyres it's ok.

I did notice a small difference in the ride and the car was going over sharp ridges a little smoother and not jarring.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:47   #239
BANNED

Only explanation for the smooth ride is that you paid 75 for air, instead of 5 !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I did notice a small difference in the ride and the car was going over sharp ridges a little smoother and not jarring.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:51   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Only explanation for the smooth ride is that you paid 75 for air, instead of 5 !!
Nope it wasn't my car, it was a friends so I didn't pay for it. I just felt that there was a difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks