Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 14:18   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
It is Rs.50/- per tyre in Kochi/Cochin per tyre for full nitrogen filling (let-out all air, refill completely with Nitrogen). Top-ups are free. (I've topped-up 4-5 times so far. Available only in Global Tyres, near Popular, Mamangalam right now.
Now its available in speed tyres in vytilla also.../Rs.50.tyre///
Old 11th January 2007, 20:43   #77
BHPian

nitrogen

Hi friends

I am new member to this.

I have been using nitrogen in my santro tyres for the past two years. even befor i took the delivery from showroom i changed the wheels to alloys and tyres to tubeless. tyres were filled with nitrogen, it cost Rs.50 per tyre. you dont beleive this that i havent checked the pressures for the past two years and the nitrogen is still intact.
Old 11th January 2007, 21:06   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
It is Rs.50/- per tyre in Kochi/Cochin per tyre for full nitrogen filling (let-out all air, refill completely with Nitrogen). Top-ups are free. (I've topped-up 4-5 times so far. Available only in Global Tyres, near Popular, Mamangalam right now.
It was first available at Speed tyres, Near Vyttila. Then Global followed suit.

Yes, It is 50Rs per tyre!
Old 11th January 2007, 21:36   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I was waiting for this thread to get this long: since the effects of nitrogen are now unanimously known to be positive, whats stopping petrol bunks to offer nitrogen either as standard - in lieu of the normal compressed air; else optional side-by-side. I'm sure if they do that the price to fill/refill nitrogen in tyres will come down drastically from the Rs 50/100 .. reported to perhaps a standard 10 bucks
Old 12th January 2007, 11:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

The only reason petrol bunks dont do it is because of the costs involved. The N2 generator is extremely expensive when compared to an air compressor. I told my petrol bunk guy to invest in an air drier for his compressor which costs about 50k. He said saaar too expensive saaar. When 50k is expensive then do you think they will spend 2 - 3 lakhs on a good quality N2 generator. Dont think so. Also if petrol bunks started using air driers then nitrogen would become obsolete.
Old 12th January 2007, 11:34   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The only reason petrol bunks dont do it is because of the costs involved. The N2 generator is extremely expensive when compared to an air compressor. I told my petrol bunk guy to invest in an air drier for his compressor which costs about 50k. He said saaar too expensive saaar. When 50k is expensive then do you think they will spend 2 - 3 lakhs on a good quality N2 generator. Dont think so. Also if petrol bunks started using air driers then nitrogen would become obsolete.

But yet small kaka shops can afford one?! Or is the N2 available via these private shops "modified"- Indian ishtyle, to use normal compressors?!

Vikky - if you're willing to invest in an N2 pump, I dont mind leasing my brand name to the operation for free
Old 12th January 2007, 11:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

I have an extremely sturdy industrial grade air drier. So dont need a N2 generator. An I think you are mistaking a compresor with an air drier. An air drier is a device much like an air conditioning unit. It is fitted between the compressor and the outlet pipe. It basically cools the compressed air even further and removes all moisture from it.

As for the brand name sure why not. But dont expect any royalties from it...
Old 12th January 2007, 11:49   #83
BANNED

OT.. are you the same Vikram D that Rally's?
Old 12th January 2007, 11:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

nope...i dont rally..
Old 12th January 2007, 11:57   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
nope...i dont rally..

Come on, dont be modest. What abt all those autograph signing sessions broadcasted live on TV?
Old 12th January 2007, 12:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sigh...if only I was that famous..
Old 13th January 2007, 18:18   #87
BHPian

okay filled my tyres with nitrogen today at premji's in mahim(rs50 per tyre)well the results tyre noise has decreased a bit,the bumps feel a bit less harsher and the steerring feels a tad heavier,overall quite happy with the fill
Old 18th January 2007, 14:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Filled nitrogen in the tyres - Rs20/tyre @ Madhus. No noticeable difference in the ride quality. My motivation going for nitrogen is that (I hope) the pressure remains same for considerable duration.
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:11   #89
elf
BANNED

Wokay, me too have joined the Nitrogen bandwagon today.

Cost / Time / Place:
Went to Allibhai Premji's @ Mahim today.
50 bucks a tyre, 20 minutes for all.
They use a nitrogen compressor, not cylinders.
Left my stepney untouched.

Results:
Ride comfort definitely increased, smoother, road irregularities completely ironed out (@ 28psi).
Tyres running freakishly cool. Not cold, cool. They were as warm after my 20km trip as when I started out this morning.
Quieter, though may be psychological.
Steering (power) felt slightly heavier (probably due to 28psi as opposed to 30psi).
Handling - had a short burst of 130 @ Worli sea face - felt rock solid & damn, damn grippy.
Braking - definitely improved.

In short, the quickest & most visible difference to my car 200 bucks ever made.
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Filled nitrogen in the tyres - Rs20/tyre @ Madhus. No noticeable difference in the ride quality. My motivation going for nitrogen is that (I hope) the pressure remains same for considerable duration.
After 2 weeks & 1500Km (mostly driven loaded on bad roads) later, I checked the pressure again. It was same except for the rear-right tyre, which was 1psi less.

I didn't notice any change in any other aspect. Probably because its still a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks