Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 23:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
my alto returns in 500rs normal petrol around 160-170kms without ac in delhi's peak hour traffic.stop n go situation.

petrol in rs in delhi : 43.52

Rs 500 = 11.48 Lt.
Thats like 14.8 considering 170 km and 11.48 liters + a km as calculation error as not all the 11.48 would have been used before the next refill so that makes it around 16 with in normal daily traffic conditions minus ac is good.But 12 and 13 is DUH for an alto.
My friend wants to buy a new alto and is askin me if he should go ahead with it or no.Dunno what to say!!
Old 21st October 2007, 07:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
My friend wants to buy a new alto and is askin me if he should go ahead with it or no.Dunno what to say!!
Is there anything to worry, tell him to go ahead... it is the highest selling car not by fluke !!
There are a few exceptions here but doesnt matter...

Abhi
Old 25th October 2007, 14:43   #138
BHPian

Ah. The joys of dealing with the highest car seller in the market.

I used the contact us link on the Maruti website and posted my problem.
Got a confirmation mail stating that my query had been received.

This was 1 week ago. No response.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:13   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Thats like 14.8 considering 170 km and 11.48 liters + a km as calculation error as not all the 11.48 would have been used before the next refill so that makes it around 16 with in normal daily traffic conditions minus ac is good.But 12 and 13 is DUH for an alto.
i didn't have much time to calculate exact fe bcos that is long process.this is just an estimation of FE in rs of petrol.if your friend is looking for multi utility by one car than try some one liter car like spark or santro.cos in my opinion alto is suitable for city mostly.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:04   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
THis is a serious problem...It just cannot happen...GO to a separate service station or write to Maruti...
Tried. Same everywhere.

Write to Maruti. yeah right. Did that 3 weeks ago. No response.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:09   #141
Senior - BHPian

update on my car

after the 8 kmpl the car fe has gone up alot

i filled 500 bucks of petrol and it has run 70 km on it and the needle its between the half and the 1/4 mark

till now i calculate she giving 17 kmpl
Old 7th November 2007, 20:10   #142
BHPian

simple!

are u sure ? as even my 1 +tonner 100 bhp palio 1.6 gives@ 140+/- 4kms in 500 rs worth of fuel.just try the -physical overflow to physical overflow method ..
it will give u more consistent values.alto is really a good car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
update on my car

after the 8 kmpl the car fe has gone up alot

i filled 500 bucks of petrol and it has run 70 km on it and the needle its between the half and the 1/4 mark

till now i calculate she giving 17 kmpl

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 7th November 2007 at 20:13.
Old 7th November 2007, 20:19   #143
BHPian

hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
i didn't have much time to calculate exact fe bcos that is long process.this is just an estimation of FE in rs of petrol.if your friend is looking for multi utility by one car than try some one liter car like spark or santro.cos in my opinion alto is suitable for city mostly.
may i beg to differ ?,palio 1.1 stile is the best all round choice but with not so good after sales service track record of tata and fiat< though they are improving a lot>
alto is far superior car than santro or spark. it rides better, great value for money but now maruti is not paying attention the way it used to provide and their focus is on sx4/swift/ and above.
still you will not repend if u go for alto ..

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 7th November 2007 at 20:22.
Old 8th November 2007, 14:33   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yup, Zappo, teh little 800cc engine struggles to pull teh extra weight compared to the M800 but there are a few people who get amazing mileage even in city.

I think even Abhi (akroy) gets 15+kmpl in teh city.
^^ EDIT: for the 1st time since i have been driving this car; i have actually managed to cross the 18kmpl barrier !!

But i guess; this has more to do with my getting fuel from that company-owned IBP station before Moolchand flyover in Delhi. (read: no underfilling..)
Old 9th November 2007, 14:05   #145
Senior - BHPian

I checked recently to see I am getting 14.5kms/litre with 90% AC in chennai's heavy to moderate traffic. Will be driving in 2 and 3 gear almost 70% of the time. 5th gear is used just once in a 7kms trip.

I am getting 12kms/litre on LPG. So I presume this is right.
Old 9th November 2007, 15:22   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^
But i guess; this has more to do with my getting fuel from that company-owned IBP station before Moolchand flyover in Delhi. (read: no underfilling..)
Where exactly is the pump ?
Old 11th November 2007, 14:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Currently my car is going for 100-110kms in every Rs500 worth of fuel. This is WITHOUT any revving and super smooth driving. No wait. Cruising.
Latest FE came out to be 18.91 with just 30% AC. Filled rs 300 petrol and it ran 135 KM

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/622844-post1018.html
Old 11th November 2007, 17:42   #148
BHPian

I dont know what luck you guys have.
I'll be posting some real eye opening pics in a few days.

As of now, all I'll say this that. Tankfull of fuel. First 140kms pure highway cruise at 80kmph in top gear. 80% of time with A/C on 1 speed. (That means compressor doesnt work too much)

After that its been all the time city drive. 30% A/C. Very light foot. Very gentle.
Odo shows 400kms right now. and needle is about to hit reserve (red zone).

And this is with a 3.84% OVER reading odometer (since I'm running 155/60R13)
Old 11th November 2007, 18:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

By the way, mom's car is now back to happy times.

On 45.2 wala speed, in 500rs fuel it now gives ~160-165 km versus 110 earlier. Difference - no AC

Her 10k service is due next month. Time to stand on the mech's heads and get the AC checked - wonder why they hadn't checked it till date.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

This is one big thread, now my story begins about very less FE of my recently baught Alto.

My Alto is March 2008 manufactured and registered in June 2008, BIMAL is dealer, ODO reading 2800 when I baught it from first owner who is decent guy who owns Endevour too.

From day1 for him this Alto rides as Auto and when I test drove felt the samething but still went a head made a deal and baught it. 80% AC on my first tank full to tank full returned 11.3kmpl anyway much better than my Petrol Innova which used to return 8.1kmpl in same conditions. while buying Alto is checked every corner by True Value person who is my friend and my onother friend who is used car dealer. I knew true Value people would have baught this car If I am not buying it. 1st service with oil/filter change done at BIMAL while ODO was 900km on 30th day and 2nd service I did in RNS express service on the day I baught because vehilce was dirty and i wanted to cross check if any dents / underbody issues if any we didn't notice. At RNS we checked every corner and thigns seems alright.

What I observed is:

1. My Alto makes bounces while driving its not smooth at all but its 30% improved after I did wheel balancing, appollo amazer tyres seems alright but still I suspect on stock tyres.

2. It could be valve clearance/spark plugs/some belts/bad fuel/ wrong quantity/ my driver might have put AC while its parked or the way he drives so on. My Innova returned 1.5kmpl less FE with my new driver.

Next week I am meeting RNS mechanic but before that I am taking her to NICE road test FE like tank up before and after in same bunk i always do.

I am fine with FE above 11kmpl with Ac on in City, but just for the information I typed it here and I will update as and when I find new updates.

I have plans to put Alloys and 145/80 R12 Bridgestone ER60 or XM1 once I fully decide to keep the car, so if its stock tyre issue I am fine because after tyre change FE would improve.

I also heard MUL is replacing front drive shaft for few vehciles but it appeared my alto didn't come in that batch.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS My wife tried to drive Alto, she cleared told me 7 years Matiz was way better than 3 months old Alto to drive. Anyway my ALto is serving the purpose for I baught it for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks