Buy Maruti; they come fitted with I-Cats
Old 27th December 2007, 13:30   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Old 27th December 2007, 14:23   #78
BHPian

I had the same problem where the rat used to enter inside the car, proof was the rat droppings on the floor at the front passenger side.

Kept a card paper with a sticky paste, on the front passenger side floor (You get this at any pest control shop to catch rats).

Opened the car after a weeks time, saw a dead (rotten) Rat stuck to this paper.The stench was so bad , I had first throw the floor mat out, then kept all the doors of the car open for full day, emptied brand new car perfume (Spray) inside the car, I was able to get rid of the smell after 3 weeks.
Old 27th December 2007, 14:33   #79
BHPian

a technical question!

what are the points through which the rat can enter the cabin.. if a rat can enter the cabin, dust and smoke also can enter the cabin through that point, then is the car really "air conditioned" !!!
Old 27th December 2007, 16:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
a technical question!

what are the points through which the rat can enter the cabin.. if a rat can enter the cabin, dust and smoke also can enter the cabin through that point, then is the car really "air conditioned" !!!
Rats can eat their way into a cabin; dust and smoke can't!
Old 27th December 2007, 16:44   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post

Thats a good one! That explains why I dont have rat problems with my Swift.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:55   #82
BHPian

I too had that problem and they ate my abs and hand brake cable wire . the next day i kept 10 rat cakes on the exact spot where they ate my cable and few on the engine and to kill them all and they took the bait. And i didn't leave it all i was feeding them for week and then i started to have some bab smell near the place and from incident that i don't have rat problem
Old 27th December 2007, 20:33   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

It doesn't explain why I do!

Car returned. Rs.393 of taking apart and putting back together, and there doesn't seem to be any smell.

Hey! In UK, there is a rule that all parts taken from a car are shown or offered to the customer.

Maruti... Where's my rat body?
Old 27th December 2007, 21:02   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Maruti... Where's my rat body?
Its rat-ting on peace.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:17   #85
Team-BHP Support

Rat and the cake

Ok got some mortien rat cakes yday night and placed them inside the hood on all 3 cars, and hid some around the house, so that my lil beast (Pet Labrador) doesnt chew on them.

Only my car had run yday, and our lil jerry comes seeking the warmth and devour the cake in my car (leftovers on top of engine cover) and left. Rest of the cakes on other cars and around the house are intact.

Fellow has apparently attempted an unsuccessful climb on the windshield also (paw marks), hope this is the last i see from him/her. Anyways will keep one more cake for jerry today as prescribed in the user manual (lol) if it stays intact the culprit has been eliminated.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th December 2007 at 13:19.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I am sick of rats entering cabin in WagonR and have started keeping rat cakes in all the holes they have made in the carpet.
I kept rat poison cakes inside cabin at affected areas in WagonR. No risk since they were at 3 places under carpet which rat/s have chewed.

Consumed on very first night and I promptly replaced. No traces of rats since then. Hopefully Son of B*&@ is dead now
Old 4th March 2008, 11:46   #87
BHPian

I feel rats come when there is some food particle left behind in your car. They have a great smell and when they are not able to enter inside the car, they nibble on some wires or tubes and then leave.

So as a matter of fact, it is always better to keep your car clean and devoid of any food materials.

But people will kids will find it difficult.
Old 4th March 2008, 16:04   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

We have acquired a cat and three kittens, so, shortly we'll have four adult cats.

There has been one rat fatality already. Although they may be lazy about hunting, as they will be well fed, I hope they will still be a rat deterrent!
Old 5th March 2008, 17:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

Best Solution to rat problem

Thread too long not sure if already covered but this works beautifully time again for the past 10 years.

Go to the local bidi/pan shop buy the branded tobacco availabe in those white packets with I think elephant or some gaudi design (the packets have plastic inner linning) punch several holes at top end with a pen and hang them/put them in the biddings of engine bay...tailgate...tie under seat...leave the fastening to your ingenious minds.....this works..and lasts for 6month to 1 year. Minimum 3 in engine bay and 3 inside 3 in tailgate.

RATS HATE TOBACCO OR THE SMELL OF IT.....I have friends with fancy mercs...who tried electronic repelant...imported sprays...but nothing works semipermanantly as tobacco does...

try it and let me knowcheers:
Old 5th March 2008, 20:04   #90
BHPian

It all started one night back. I had recently purchased my first car, a New Honda City. had put hardly 1500 KM on it. I parked my car in my parking and had a good night's sleep. Woke up next morning and went to work. Completely uneventful day.

In the evening started back home, suddenly it started pouring. Had to close my car's windows. It was cold and AC was chilling so switched it off. Soon my windscreen started to get fogged.

Now what? I started the demisted and turned the blower to full blast. Suddenly!! the car started shuddering and came to a stand still.. What the hell!! I realized I was able to start the car with blower switched off... Thank God no engine damage.

That night tried to switch the AC but no use. Had a sleepless night. Next morning got into the car and there was a foul stench! Goodness... Took it immediately to the workshop.

The engineer over said. Saab gaadi ne chuha kha liya hai...!!! I said what??? He said dont worry, its common in new NHC as the blower faces down. They had to open the dash and they cleaned the blower.

that was my first and last (at least till now) experience with rats...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks