Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 08:30   #226
BHPian

It ain't over my friend...do something to PREVENT rats from doing what they did all over again!
Old 26th February 2009, 09:18   #227
Senior - BHPian

well i have tried tobacco packs in the past...they have worked really well for me. In fact it may sound funny but i asked the watchman to feed milk to a cat next to my car dont know if that also worked. (i am serious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
It ain't over my friend...do something to PREVENT rats from doing what they did all over again!
Old 26th February 2009, 11:35   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
yaa i know.. that bitch has again started its game. replaced the coolent pipe yesterday evening and today morning again it was ripped apart..

i had also placed some 8-9 more Rat Kill cakes. That rodent is playing with it.. it ate soem 5-6 and rest placed it near the mesh covered ac vent.. good it didnt find way to get into the cabin.. thanks to the mesh.

I am planning to park the car in office till i catch hold of the rat..
Old 26th February 2009, 13:47   #229
BHPian

its a very bad practice to put the rat cakes and all in the car. this attracts more and more rats, they eat the cakes as well as wires and then go far away and die/survive.
best way is put some rat poison away from the car, which will attract the rats. or else dont park the car in that place for say a day or 2 and instead put a rat trap/rat poison there. i think this will work
Old 26th February 2009, 15:36   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
yaa i know.. that bitch has again started its game. replaced the coolent pipe yesterday evening and today morning again it was ripped apart..

i had also placed some 8-9 more Rat Kill cakes. That rodent is playing with it.. it ate soem 5-6 and rest placed it near the mesh covered ac vent.. good it didnt find way to get into the cabin.. thanks to the mesh.

I am planning to park the car in office till i catch hold of the rat..
Zerocritical! Rat cakes dont work out brother , Its got to be Tobacco pouches and just hunt down for them and if I am not wrong you are in whitefield area I guess and just try out in the Varthur side and you should surely get it. Ask @ any roadside pan shop for (Chutta----> Telugu Word for the tobacco leaves I am talking about). Again Rat cakes and Mortein kill does not work on the obvious as I had my personal experience with these little fellas and thats the reason, I insist on Tobacco Pouches.

Since you recently got everything done, better be on guard.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:44   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you've got rubber-addict rats there.

That's bad!
Old 26th February 2009, 16:02   #232
BHPian

Wire Brush & Clean Parking Area

Please put a metal brush in the engine compartment where the rats used to sit, also keep your parking area clean from kitchen left over. Also try to locate rats hiding places near walls and close them.
The last resort is to purchase some rat kill poisen from pesticide shop (not the rat kill & mortien stuff) and spray/keep it in the engine bay.

Last edited by shabahmad : 26th February 2009 at 16:03.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:01   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Zerocritical! Rat cakes dont work out brother , Its got to be Tobacco pouches and just hunt down for them and if I am not wrong you are in whitefield area I guess and just try out in the Varthur side and you should surely get it. Ask @ any roadside pan shop for (Chutta----> Telugu Word for the tobacco leaves I am talking about). Again Rat cakes and Mortein kill does not work on the obvious as I had my personal experience with these little fellas and thats the reason, I insist on Tobacco Pouches.

Since you recently got everything done, better be on guard.
My only worry with tobacco pouch is the smell. heard it makes the cabin smell badly when AC is switched on
Old 26th February 2009, 17:05   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Please put a metal brush in the engine compartment where the rats used to sit, also keep your parking area clean from kitchen left over. Also try to locate rats hiding places near walls and close them.
The last resort is to purchase some rat kill poisen from pesticide shop (not the rat kill & mortien stuff) and spray/keep it in the engine bay.
These rats run out of the gate/compound after treating on my poor car. so no specific hiding area.

As a last resort today I'll try tobacco pouches under car hood and rat traps near gate. lets see if I am able to catch some of these nasty creatures..

Will add masala, fry them and treat the nearby cats with special RAT dish!!!!

Last edited by zerocritical : 26th February 2009 at 17:06.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:20   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My only worry with tobacco pouch is the smell. heard it makes the cabin smell badly when AC is switched on
Dont worry the smell dosent get in. what you need is dry tobacco. here in mumbai you get those "haathi chap tambaku" i used that and it worked wonders for me. No smell.

Quote:
These rats run out of the gate/compound after treating on my poor car. so no specific hiding area.

As a last resort today I'll try tobacco pouches under car hood and rat traps near gate. lets see if I am able to catch some of these nasty creatures..

Will add masala, fry them and treat the nearby cats with special RAT dish!!!!
thats a good idea
Old 26th February 2009, 18:13   #236
BHPian

Sorry for the digression. Zerocritical, can you please tell me what's on your steering wheel in picture 7?
Old 26th February 2009, 18:18   #237
BHPian

get hold of pest control guys. they have industrial solutions too. i had hired them for my dads office in pune. within 3 days the rats menace was no more. that time the guys told me that they treat cars too. they were telling me the story when someones indica caught fire due to short circuit caused by rats smearing into the wires.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:18   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Sorry for the digression. Zerocritical, can you please tell me what's on your steering wheel in picture 7?
its just a knob. I usually drive with one hand.. for comfort have installed it.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:19   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
get hold of pest control guys. they have industrial solutions too. i had hired them for my dads office in pune. within 3 days the rats menace was no more. that time the guys told me that they treat cars too. they were telling me the story when someones indica caught fire due to short circuit caused by rats smearing into the wires.
yaa was actually thinking of this. will search just dial/ google for it.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:39   #240
Senior - BHPian

zerocritical: I agree with KSM-Vtec as the "tambaaku" smell does not get in and I had been using this for almost about 8 months now to keep the little fellows away. On anyday, I will say "Jai Ho" to dry tobacco pouches as compared to the obvious rat kill or mortien. On a lighter note your hood needs a smoke dude , and you can also try WAGON_R 's suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks