Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 16:18   #271
Senior - BHPian

Arrey singh sahab, I second "shabahmad" and very true that when you love your car as anybody on this forum does it becomes an emotional one to an individual. Many folks had come and gone in this thread, satisfied with an option of one or two to check the little fellas, but I think you are the only one trying out different things to eliminate the menace and definitely it will help others on tackling this issue. Jai Ho Jai ho
Old 4th March 2009, 16:29   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Arrey singh sahab, I second "shabahmad" and very true that when you love your car as anybody on this forum does it becomes an emotional one to an individual. Many folks had come and gone in this thread, satisfied with an option of one or two to check the little fellas, but I think you are the only one trying out different things to eliminate the menace and definitely it will help others on tackling this issue. Jai Ho Jai ho

The problem is, there's a lot of open space around my house and thats the breeding place for rats. I want to make sure that these creatures dont trouble me in future. not only for my car but for also my parent's cars as they keep coming to Bangalore.

Thankfully the last couple of times my parents visited, they got skoda and unlike swift, it has a complete under body cover and there's very little place for rats to go in.

Last edited by zerocritical : 4th March 2009 at 16:31.
Old 4th March 2009, 16:33   #273
Senior - BHPian

Few tips:
- Leave some cats and they should take care of cats.
- Play Tom & Jerry cartoon in your car..particularly when Tom dominates Jerry.
- Try to be Pied Piper of Your City..Bangalore,Hyderabad,Chennai (like Hamelin).
- Dedicate a Poem to rats called "To the field mouse" by Robert Burns.
- Finally if all the above dont work..resort to sticky pads,rat poisons etc

Basically i hate killing animals.
Old 4th March 2009, 16:36   #274
BANNED

For a summary,

The best way to tackle this situation is putting the tobacco followed by the rat trap.
Immediate action to be taken as soon as any trace of rat bites are found under hood would be to place tobacco under hood. Next steps include, trapping (by either rat trap/Sticky Pad) and kill the rats to get a complete peace of mind

I'd recommend Sticky Pad to rat traps as its much cleaner was to trap rats!!
Old 4th March 2009, 16:38   #275
BANNED

cats is also a good option if you can bear some scratches on your car which i was not willing to.

Last edited by zerocritical : 4th March 2009 at 16:56.
Old 4th March 2009, 16:53   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

My message is completely offtopic, so pardon me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Play Tom & Jerry cartoon in your car..particularly when Tom dominates Jerry.
- Try to be Pied Piper of Your City..Bangalore,Hyderabad,Chennai (like Hamelin).
- Dedicate a Poem to rats called "To the field mouse" by Robert Burns.
I am totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Basically i hate killing animals.
Hilarious way to conveying the message of not killing animals.
Old 5th March 2009, 05:34   #277
BANNED

Serial killing continues...

Sorry rat lovers!!!

Serial Killing continues!! Another murder in wee hours on Wednesday night.

It was half past 7 on Wednesday evening when zerocritical returned home from office. After missing the early morning meeting at office, he decides to go to bed early so that gets up early and is on time the next day.

Off to bed by 10 30, gets a call from dad at 11. Answers the call in hibernating mode and hangs up. clock strikes 2 30 and another call.. zerocritical decides not to answer it but the ringtone sound irritates him.

Finally answers the call and finds it to be a friend from US. after a quick chat, hangs up but doesnt seem to be sleepy again. switches on the laptop and hooks onto Team-BHP.

reads some reviews on FZ 16, fastest Reva and others. after some reading, decides to sleep again. just before going into shutdown mode, goes out to have a quick check if the car is fine without any more bites and holes(got my car back home last night)..

finds everything fine.. just when he decides to shut the door, hears some noise outside. checks the sticky pad near gate and chik chik chik chik... a rat stuck to it...!!!!

this time a bigger and better catch.. first decides to leave it and see wht is to be done the next morning. but the rat was desperately trying to free itself from the sticky pad and quiet possibly succeed in it.. So he gets in a broom to attack the little one.

once whack and rat start to make some irritating noises.. a couple of more whacks and rat heads straight to hell!!

Now their cops might be on a hunt for the Most Wanted who is booked under IPC Section 302 for murder of 3 rats and IPC Section 307 for attempt to murder of many other by poisoning them...

Well now I better go to sleep again so that i reach office on time tomorrow!! good nite!!
Old 5th March 2009, 09:43   #278
Senior - BHPian

Attention Fellow Bhpians I "VJ_MAVRICK" take the onus with a great sense of urgency and humility, hereby change the handle of our beloved "zerocritical" on the forum to "Rat Handler" for his service to humanity . I kid , I kid and man I think most of your time is spent now on this thread which will benefit folks like me in times of Rat Attack in future.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:11   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Attention Fellow Bhpians I "VJ_MAVRICK" take the onus with a great sense of urgency and humility, hereby change the handle of our beloved "zerocritical" on the forum to "Rat Handler" for his service to humanity . I kid , I kid and man I think most of your time is spent now on this thread which will benefit folks like me in times of Rat Attack in future.
Thank VJ_MAVRICK. That was funny!! Lets hope no one else faces this situation. In case they do, may be my posts will be of some help to them
Old 5th March 2009, 12:49   #280
Senior - BHPian

Honestly man, your applications here will be helpful for people with similar woes as I know the pain and agony caused by the little fellows. Luckily for me tobacco did help and am sure this thread will give various insights on how to tackle the rat menace for sure. Keep up the good work buddy and i can see you swear @ them "Bring it On" .
Old 5th March 2009, 13:51   #281
Senior - BHPian

zerocritical this way you might end up clearing all the rats in your area

"Rat Slayer" sounds apt
Old 5th March 2009, 14:02   #282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
zerocritical this way you might end up clearing all the rats in your area

"Rat Slayer" sounds apt
LOL!!!

Not sure about area.. but my next door neighbor too was keen and helping me as he too faced similar problem about an year back.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:17   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
LOL!!!

Not sure about area.. but my next door neighbor too was keen and helping me as he too faced similar problem about an year back.
Are we talking B'lore or Hyd?
Old 5th March 2009, 15:39   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Are we talking B'lore or Hyd?
Bangalore.. Whitefield area..
Old 8th March 2009, 12:49   #285
BHPian

Even I faced the Rats problem in Banagalore. Rats used to stay in my engine bay and would hide the scavenged food at various places. It used to be a mess and always worrying me that rats would chew the wires.

Here is what I did, purchased some Tobacco leaves from a road-side petty shop and put them in netlon nylon bag and tied two of these bags in the Engine bay. This solved my problem.

But remember to sprinkle water on the tobacco leaves occasionally which makes the tobacco leaves to emit a strong odour. This really works.

Additionally had put some naphthalene balls in the cabin under the seats and in the boot just for added safety.

Also remember not to eat in your car, more clean the car lesser chances of the rats entering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks