Gents....I had a rat visit my safari last month & feasted on the microphone cable. The service centre was as shocked as I was & they only suggested that I place the "rat poison" in the night, in the engine bay & remove it in the morning. The idea of "poison" did not go well with me & as pondering as to what could be done.
I am thankful from the bottom of my heart to the fellow bhpian who has started this thread. I realise that "tobacco" is the best solution.
Now gents, being a non-smoker all my life, what do I ask for in the "beedi" shop....any strong/ effective brands???
This morning i opened the HOOD of my car only to find RATS in the engine bay. 2 of the them sitting there.
Dont know if they were eating the wires or something like that. But its a dangerous issue and could probably cause a short circuit or something causing the whole car to blow up in flames
Now ive got 3 parking spots for this car and all are in different areas but have pretty similiar surroundings. So even though i park it in a different spot iam bound to get them.
IS there any way i can do something about this..??
My bro's Skoda2.0 has rats in the engine bay and the bugers had eaten up his wires. He had to pay close to 1.5l to get the car repaired.
Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on this community, even if used indirectly (*****). Do NOT use inappropriate words on Team-BHP. A clean protocol is absolutely imperative keeping our varied audience in mind.
Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.
Ok here's how i got rid of the rat problem.
I had to kill those ugly creatures as i could not keep them away.There are two kinds of poison's that are available .. a tube filled paste (Ratol) and the poison cake.Each of them on its own i found very ineffective in killing the rats.
So i simply bought both the poison's applied the tube paste poison on the cake and kept it inside the hood of the car.The result killed the rat
in just one day.i guess a double dose was too much.
However be very very careful with the tube poison as it stings and should not be touched by hand.Also avoid inhaling the fumes.
This is why I dont use rat poison or other toxic chemicals to do away with them wicked rodents.
My Dogs are constantly sniffing around any of our vehicles which are parked for a time.
I ve found a good deterrent which I thought I would share here.
Our Swift and my Dad's Indica suffer from Rats using them as a sort of building site/ nesting habitat, so Ive had the garage do a rat proofing with wire mesh so that they cant get in and hibernate.
Apart from this, you get a pet friendly, doughy sort of substance, which contains rat poison and one can keep small portions of this inside the engine bay. This substance is harmless to pets.Any pest control outfit can sell you this substance.
By the way, tobacco as a rat deterrent Im not sure of. As far as I know it only deters creatures like leeches, who cant stand tobacco juice.
Originally Posted by Jaggu
and those with pets, esp dogs double careful !
Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th July 2008 at 16:20.