Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2014, 21:01   #196
BHPian

Re: HID Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Iam currently running with 100/130 H4 Phillips Hallogen in my Scorpio and looking for much better lightning. My most of the drives will be on the night and on highways. Hence Iam planning either for a Hella 3003 Ralle Aux lamps between the headlights or go for a HID Kit.
One of the dealer in Bangalore has suggested me to go for Quaden 4300K 35W HID kit, this kit comes with two Ballaster's and costs 9k. (Osram - 10K and Phillips 12k). Note Iam not going for Projectors, it will be a Plug and play with my stock reflectors.

I could not find any info in google regarding Quaden HID kit, please throw your suggestions if anybody has heard of this brand and what will be my best options here.
This is how the package looks. anyone seen or used this?
Please throw some light.
Attached Thumbnails
HID Xenon-quadwn.jpg  

Old 18th October 2014, 21:18   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
One noobie question mates. I've noticed that the HID kit has quite a set up with the ballast, wiring, fuses etc. Where are all of them placed under the hood (left loose, or what)?
Yeah the whole setup will be located underneath the bonnet - includes the ballasts, wiring harness etc. They have to be secured properly and in a way that water ingress is prevented.
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:13   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
This is how the package looks. anyone seen or used this?
Please throw some light.
Did you get to use this quaden product??
Old 1st July 2018, 14:23   #199

Forum
Would you recommend the Osram DH4 4200K HID kit for the Thar CRDE?

Thank you.
Old 26th November 2020, 23:13   #200
BHPian

Reviving an old thread here.
I'd like to know if running 35w 4300k Osrams without projectors on low beams bode well to the reflectors.

I intend to use my current car at least 2-3 more years. And, I don't really do a lot of night drives other than small intercity runs through the Pune bypass and a bit further beyond most weekends.
Also, early morning-dawn starts are pretty common - which will make these higher intensity lights useful.
Old 26th November 2020, 23:38   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Reviving an old thread here.
I'd like to know if running 35w 4300k Osrams without projectors on low beams bode well to the reflectors.

I intend to use my current car at least 2-3 more years. And, I don't really do a lot of night drives other than small intercity runs through the Pune bypass and a bit further beyond most weekends.
Also, early morning-dawn starts are pretty common - which will make these higher intensity lights useful.
Which car do you have?

HIDs don't well with reflector and will cause a lot of glare for oncoming traffic. For city and some highway use, the best upgrade in a reflector headlamp is 100/90W Rally bulbs with a relay. They have very good performance and will cost 1200 bucks.

In case your car has standard size fog lamp slots, you can upgrade them to the IPHCAR projectors.
Old 27th November 2020, 00:02   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Which car do you have?
I plan to do this on my 2014 Fiesta.

Quote:
the best upgrade in a reflector headlamp is 100/90W Rally bulbs with a relay. They have very good performance and will cost 1200 bucks.
I had used relays on my Swift and did not like them one bit. It was a full Philips setup and had failed to give me the intensity I needed.

Thus looking for HIDs. I know that lot many people do use HIDs with the ballasts in low beams at a lower setting using the headlamp leveller. But I'm more concerned of the reflectors considering the heat HIDs would generate. That may cause a certain burn/peeling effect which I don't want.
Don't want to extend the budget to get projectors and also the fact that it needs surgery on existing headlamps which starts fogging them in even everyday washes.
Old 27th November 2020, 00:22   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Don't want to extend the budget to get projectors and also the fact that it needs surgery on existing headlamps which starts fogging them in even everyday washes.
Yes, HIDs generate a lot of heat which might dull the reflector and even the lens.

I would suggest upgrading the fog lamps to projectors. Cost-wise these would be slightly more (approx. 5-6k) than what the HID bulbs (3-4K) cost. Results would be good while the headlamps remain intact. These projectors should fit in your existing fog lamp slots.

A couple of threads where members have done this upgrade, few of them on their sedans.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-my-cedia.html (DIY: iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp installation on my Cedia)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...aze-india.html (iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India))

Another option is LED bulbs but the results could be a hit or a miss!

Last edited by ashis89 : 27th November 2020 at 00:24.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 00:29   #204
BHPian

Thanks for your prompt response.
I'll be checking Philips LEDs as well. But I'm not getting a 4300k model for my car. I'm not going above that too ensure better visibility during rains and wet surfaces.

Sends like I've a bit of research to do.. ��
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks