Old 28th May 2010, 10:01   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Sorry guys, forgot to attach the pics !
Nirmal.. Nice pics. Guess I have seen these pics before
Old 28th May 2010, 10:04   #107
BHPian

naveen, do you have any problems of overheating or fading of HL clearlens plastic cover due to heat? Hows the review over 6months?
Old 28th May 2010, 10:29   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
naveen, do you have any problems of overheating or fading of HL clearlens plastic cover due to heat? Hows the review over 6months?
Am using aftermarket projector headlights if you have missed to notice that.

No problems as of now. Everything fine. It heats up but comparatively lesser than the stock headlights.

I would definitely recommend this.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:01   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Am using aftermarket projector headlights if you have missed to notice that.

No problems as of now. Everything fine. It heats up but comparatively lesser than the stock headlights.

I would definitely recommend this.
I'm aware that you're using aftermarket projector HL. I've read your other threads and seen the video as well.

Was looking for something for my magnum, any suggestions?
Old 28th May 2010, 11:31   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm aware that you're using aftermarket projector HL. I've read your other threads and seen the video as well.

Was looking for something for my magnum, any suggestions?
I havent seen any projector setups for magnum. Recall seeing projectors for the old model optra in Autocar magazines. But personally, I havent seen any.

You can try installing HID's to your regular stock HL. The heat emitted will be very less when compared to normal Halogens.

Stick with 4300k HIDs since they provide the best output and has a white output with a tinge of yellow (the one I have).
You can try Philips as it's well suited and provides no unwanted scattering of the light beam. Chinese brands are not suited for our cars and majority of the light will be scattered elsewhere. This is very much common here as you may have noticed many cars with HIDs blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:45   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I havent seen any projector setups for magnum. Recall seeing projectors for the old model optra in Autocar magazines. But personally, I havent seen any.

You can try installing HID's to your regular stock HL. The heat emitted will be very less when compared to normal Halogens.

Stick with 4300k HIDs since they provide the best output and has a white output with a tinge of yellow (the one I have).
You can try Philips as it's well suited and provides no unwanted scattering of the light beam. Chinese brands are not suited for our cars and majority of the light will be scattered elsewhere. This is very much common here as you may have noticed many cars with HIDs blinding oncoming traffic.
Thanks naveen. I thought you would not recomment HIDs with stock headlamps due to diffusion.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:11   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks naveen. I thought you would not recomment HIDs with stock headlamps due to diffusion.
As long as you use branded HIDs it wont be a problem. I have got mixed reactions from many who are using HIDs on regular stock HL. But people using Philips HIDs provided a very good review. So I would recommend you to go for branded ones only. If not, stay away and go for higher rated halogens (100/90W) again with proper relays and ceramic holders.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:26   #113
BHPian

Quote:
As long as you use branded HIDs it wont be a problem. I have got mixed reactions from many who are using HIDs on regular stock HL. But people using Philips HIDs provided a very good review. So I would recommend you to go for branded ones only. If not, stay away and go for higher rated halogens (100/90W) again with proper relays and ceramic holders.
Will have a look and must go through the threads for an idea on the cost, components and wiring. Can you give me an idea of the cost i should expect? What will be the recurring costs like? What would be the life of hids?
Old 28th May 2010, 14:35   #114
BHPian

Hi Benz - You can go thorough my reviews above, im using a Philips 6000K HID kit without any issues, If you're headlight bulb is H4 double filament, the same cost would apply !

Regarding life of HID, i guess it will last easily for a few years. 2500 hours is what is claimed. Check out the link below for more details

Philips Lighting India - Xenon HID conversion kit
Old 28th May 2010, 14:44   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Benz - You can go thorough my reviews above, im using a Philips 6000K HID kit without any issues, If you're headlight bulb is H4 double filament, the same cost would apply !

Regarding life of HID, i guess it will last easily for a few years. 2500 hours is what is claimed. Check out the link below for more details

Philips Lighting India - Xenon HID conversion kit
thanks nirmal. will post if any queries
Old 28th May 2010, 15:15   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will have a look and must go through the threads for an idea on the cost, components and wiring. Can you give me an idea of the cost i should expect? What will be the recurring costs like? What would be the life of hids?
If you are going for higher rated bulbs, it will come around 1.5k for the complete kit.
As for the HIDs, it starts from 7k.

Regarding the life of the HIDs, it should last a couple of years. You can get replacement HID bulbs.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:12   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I got the kit for 8,500 from the Philips distributor from JC Road & the installation was 500. Was not too happy with the installer though. I would suggest u buy the kit & get it installed with some good person. One i know is Sprocket in Koramangala.
Philips Distributor :
Contact Sunil Mittal,
AK Traders
22/23 1st floor
3rd cross
JC road
Bangalore
Ph: 9844166794

Whereby do you stay in Blore ? You can check out my conversion if you want & take a decision !

Very true, me too did a proper research for months before going for this. Spoke to the Philips company guys & went ahead with their assurance.
Nice video You have quite a good projector set up Can you give us more details ? Pics are below !
Hi Nirmal,
Thanks for that.
I stay in ORR. I'll send you a PM (if that's OK with you) to get details about your location in Bangalore.
Right now my SX4 is in garage. I met with an accident last month.
Lots of stuff(airbags, dash, instrument panel etc)need to be replaced.
I'll be getting the car in June 2nd or 3rd week.
Thanks,
Old 28th May 2010, 20:41   #118
BHPian

Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi Nirmal,
I met with an accident last month.
Lots of stuff(airbags, dash, instrument panel etc)need to be replaced.
I'll be getting the car in June 2nd or 3rd week.
Sorry to hear that bkbkr1212. Hope everything is fine (except the car of course). Indian roads have really become notorious of late.
Old 28th May 2010, 22:06   #119
BHPian

Oh no, sounds like a serious accident, hope you are fine ? How did it happen ?Take care, once youre OK we can meet, PM me your location, well fix up a time & location !
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:04   #120
Team-BHP Support

Off-topic post about bkbkr1212's accident moved to its own thread here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...e-repairs.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks