Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 10:50   #196
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio MJD - Known Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
Engine flush with STP Diesel flush + oil change with filter is under way now as I write this.
An update. Problem back to square one.Engine flush + Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 with oil filter change has not done anything.After exactly a 100 km in city,the car began stuttering and a light whitish smoke even on idle.
Now what could be it.?.Should the injectors be checked along with re-doing all the exhaust system till the turbo?
advise.
Old 13th July 2012, 11:45   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
An update. Problem back to square one.Engine flush + Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 with oil filter change has not done anything.After exactly a 100 km in city,the car began stuttering and a light whitish smoke even on idle.
Now what could be it.?.Should the injectors be checked along with re-doing all the exhaust system till the turbo?
advise.
After reading your prior post,I was amazed but happy that how come the problem disappeared but still bottom of my heart I was happy that atleast the problem is gone that is important,

Now today reading the same,You can get the injector's clean,It would be a liitle difficult to get the injectors out of the engine,for injector cleaning normally the cost is 1000 rs for four injector cleaning,

Once your injector are cleaned,I would suggest fit a new turbo just for checking & see the result,I am also hoping that with new turbo the shuttering might go off,I am not worried with Whitish Smoke- I am worried with proper combustion,

Check the same & let us know.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 18:04   #198
BHPian

Hello Proud mjd owners.

My palio sdx with 44000km on the odo is facing some problems.

1) Experiencing poor brakes.(Rotors and brake pads are not the problem)
2) Engine is struggling to cross 130kmph in 5th gear
3) The usual characteristic palio rattles.
4) Small dents on engine sump.( any severe consequences ?)

Car is due for a service now and will be undergoing oil and filter change.hoping that these issues get resolved.

Another concern is the fuel efficiency.
Car returns 18-19 kmpl Non AC highway run ranging speeds of 80-100 kmph
Car returns 15.5 kmpl with AC highway run ranging speeds 100-130 kmph

Anyone finding coherence in terms of facing the above listed issues could throw some light.
Old 28th December 2012, 17:16   #199
BHPian

Just picked up my palio mjd from Venkatesh (Gowri Automobiles).
Went for a service.The following is a list of items changed.

1) Air filter
2) Engine Oil- mobil 1 delvac
3) Oil filter

Venkatesh said diesel filter change was not required.

There were rattles from around five different parts of the car.Some of them were addressed but some had to be told again pin-pointedly and get done in my presence at the time of delivery.

engine oil sump was unscrewed from the block, dents were removed, new sealant applied and put back.( I am yet to slide under the car and check if the leak has been eliminated or not).

Caliper pin greasing and other service activity was carried out including washing.

Total damage to the pocket- Rs 4489.00

I feel the bill is a little inflated but hoping the car runs smooth.
Old 7th January 2013, 23:38   #200
BHPian

Could any one Please list the part number as per Fiat india parts catalogue for Palio multijet's radiator.

I having to change my Radiator, intercooler and AC condenser as all these parts got damaged due to impact from a frontal collision.

I do not want to get my car done at TATA motors.

Any Suggestions where to source the parts from?
Any idea on the pricing?
Old 9th January 2013, 13:47   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
Could any one Please list the part number as per Fiat india parts catalogue for Palio multijet's radiator.

I having to change my Radiator, intercooler and AC condenser as all these parts got damaged due to impact from a frontal collision.

Any idea on the pricing?
Let me check my bills at home and get back to you. I changed the radiator in September 2012 after a collision. Yesterday, I had another collision and the car is back in the workshop with a damaged radiator, twice in 4 months. :(
Old 9th January 2013, 18:55   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post

Any idea on the pricing?
I don't know from where to source the parts other than Fiat A.S.S, but here are the part numbers and prices as on August 2012:

Radiator (petrol) - part number 0059062807, price 8562.28

AC condenser - part number 0059062804, price 12,680.70

No idea about the intercooler, but I can give details on some more items which might be involved in your frontal collision :

Electrofan - part number 0059062819, price 6,664.04

Hood/Bonnet - part number 0059063914, price 13,542.98

Front bumper with fog lamp slots - part number 0098500497, price 8,032.46

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th January 2013 at 18:56.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 19:57   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Let me check my bills at home and get back to you. I changed the radiator in September 2012 after a collision. Yesterday, I had another collision and the car is back in the workshop with a damaged radiator, twice in 4 months. :(
My sympathy with you Architect.
I had a dog hit at speeds of 100-110kmph. It resulted in Non working headlamp bullbs, bent out of shape and cracked radiator, intercooler, AC condenser and a cracked bumper.
My car's front member was already damaged once and had been pulled out.This time it gave in completely.
Prerana motors gave an estimate of 70K and lead time of one month.

I am getting my car done at A Fiat(only) mechanic now, Expensive though but not as much as TATA he is sourcing parts for me at rocket speed.

Only if it makes you happy.My tank drove 250 KM with a broken and dripping Radiator and a jammed fan.Any other MJD(you know what i mean) would sit like a duck in the middle of the road after a dog hit.
Old 14th January 2013, 17:38   #204
BHPian

This isn't a major problem, but past couple of months I have been noticing that my mjd appears to "think" for a little less than a second when I switch to high beam from low beam by pushing down the lever.

Surprisingly, the reaction is instant if I pull the lever when I intend to use it for the dim and bright signal.

Hope this isn't an indication of some larger problem.
Old 26th January 2013, 23:50   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
This isn't a major problem, but past couple of months I have been noticing that my mjd appears to "think" for a little less than a second when I switch to high beam from low beam by pushing down the lever.
Could be dust on the contacts of the combination switch.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 13:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:

Could be dust on the contacts of the combination switch.
Thanks, architect.
I guess I will have to unscrew the bottom panel of the steering column to reach to check and clean. If the problem starts getting worser, I will try that.
Old 14th March 2013, 19:50   #207
Senior - BHPian

My Palio Stile SDX has done a little more than 84,000 KM since August 2008.

Since the last 2000 KM or so (that's about 2 months), I have observed the RPM varying wildly (between some 400 to 1200 RPM or so) whenever I press the clutch to shift gears or to brake. Initially I thought the problem was because of worn out clutch. So I got the clutch plate and release bearing replaced (I never had clutch issues, and this was the original clutch). After replacing the clutch, the service advisor did tell me that the OEM clutch could go on for at least 5000 KM more. He also told me that the slave cylinder had no leakage, and does not need replacement. I had gotten the master cylinder replaced at 60000 KM or so, so I have retained it.

So I expected the problem to reoccur. Sure enough, the problem exists even after driving over a thousand KM with the new clutch.

There is no problem when the car is on gear. There is no problem when the engine is cold (that is, for the first 5 KM or so in the mornings).

3 times in the last 2 months, the RPM went so low that the car stalled in the middle of the road when I released the clutch after shifting the gear. I had to switch off the AC and headlights, move the key to off position and switch on the engine. It was embarrassing to do it with so many vehicles behind me honking as if they are going to die soon.

Any explanations on this erratic behaviour?

Last edited by rohanjf : 14th March 2013 at 19:53.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:30   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
3 times in the last 2 months, the RPM went so low that the car stalled in the middle of the road when I released the clutch after shifting the gear. I had to switch off the AC and headlights, move the key to off position and switch on the engine. It was embarrassing to do it with so many vehicles behind me honking as if they are going to die soon.

Any explanations on this erratic behaviour?
That you got the clutch replaced is a different issue. Most mechanics tell you that clutch had only 5,000 km of life left AFTER they have done the replacement.

In the first place I don't think the problem was with your clutch. It has to do with certain sensors (responsible for maintaining the idle RPM) or with your fuel supply / injection system. Analyser time!
Old 25th March 2013, 18:44   #209
BHPian

Quote:
That you got the clutch replaced is a different issue. Most mechanics tell you that clutch had only 5,000 km of life left AFTER they have done the replacement.

In the first place I don't think the problem was with your clutch. It has to do with certain sensors (responsible for maintaining the idle RPM) or with your fuel supply / injection system. Analyser time!
Well get the throttle position sensor cleaned,

I hope that shall solve the issue,

ECU Analyser cannot control RPM but yes can help you to clean the error codes if any,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 6th April 2013, 22:35   #210
BHPian

My car was due its 75k service, when as a cue, the coolant pipe developed a serious leak, and leaked fluid fell all over the belt etc below.
Actually, missus was using the car for two days, while I was out of station, and complained that car would occasionally switch off, and a/c automatically switches off.
Unfortunately she didn't notice the temp indicator in the red zone within about 25kms and had continued driving. Hope there would be no long term damage.

Have given the car today for fixing this along with the 75k service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks