Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 11:28   #211
BHPian

Re: Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries

Hey Kaustubh, check this out, a 4X4 Sierra Turbo for sale (in Gujarat).

The good part is, it is a 4X4.

The sad and bad part is, it has been modified

I'll reserve my opinion about the modifications to myself though. Who knows, they might look decent to others.

Linky to ad:

Used 1998 Tata Sierra Turbo (S188231) for sale in Vadodara - CarWale

A sneak peek:

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-mod_sierra_4x4.jpg

Image Source: www.carwale.com

- Bullitt.
Old 20th January 2011, 15:19   #212
BHPian

And that too with a Ford badge and a 500,000 asking price !
Old 20th January 2011, 16:25   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Can you un-mod it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
If it was not for the 5L price tag, it was worth a try - but subject to getting rid of some of the modifications.

IIRC, I had seen one such Sierra in Baroda about 3 yrs back. May have posted it on the W&W mods thread.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:21   #214
BHPian

bullit your sierra has been stripped completely 90% of the tinwork has been done will finish with the body finishing latest by sunday, come over on sunday to add your two bits to the process. by the way have all photographs to document the process.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:34   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Kaustubh, check this out, a 4X4 Sierra Turbo for sale (in Gujarat).

The good part is, it is a 4X4.

I'll reserve my opinion about the modifications to myself though. Who knows, they might look decent to others.

Linky to ad:

Used 1998 Tata Sierra Turbo (S188231) for sale in Vadodara - CarWale

A sneak peek:

Attachment 485541

Image Source: www.carwale.com

- Bullitt.

The horror . How could some body do that to a sierra and still get away with it. And 5 lakhs for it is like well cant think of any funny comparisons cause nobody in their decent minds would do that to 4x4 sierra. Btw there are some pretty neat sierras in Hyderabad for sale if interested i can get the ph number s of the guys selling a couple of them.
Old 21st January 2011, 11:39   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Btw there are some pretty neat sierras in Hyderabad for sale if interested i can get the ph number s of the guys selling a couple of them.
@ Acclero:

Welcome to the Sierra queries thread. In case any of those Sierra's is a 4X4 in decent condition, I think quite a few people here will be interested (not me though), since it is a very rare breed. In that case, and if possible, do post pics of the same, especially of the electrically operated Borg Warner transfer case and the front suspension. Will make for some interesting observations, since most of us, me included, have never seen a 4X4 Sierra Turbo in the flesh.

@ sierrakamat:

Doctor Sir, please spare a thought for the "poor" owner! After all, I'm sure the make-over is gonna cost me more than my "2 cents". Just kidding!

I have made a detailed to-do list, we will go over it when we meet. I will not be able to make it on Sunday, we can meet tomorrow as discussed. Do let me know if you are still available, else we can postpone it to 26th. I will drop you a line today evening to confirm.

Do post the photos here, would love to see how the beast is coming along.

- Bullitt.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:25   #217
BHPian

@Acclero - Are any of those 4X4? Can you find that out?
@Bullitt - Dont worry about your Sierra. You always have the choice to drive away with doctor's Octavia.
@SierraKamat - What happened to the 4X4 Safari?

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
@ Acclero:

Welcome to the Sierra queries thread. In case any of those Sierra's is a 4X4 in decent condition, I think quite a few people here will be interested (not me though), since it is a very rare breed. In that case, and if possible, do post pics of the same, especially of the electrically operated Borg Warner transfer case and the front suspension. Will make for some interesting observations, since most of us, me included, have never seen a 4X4 Sierra Turbo in the flesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
@Acclero - Are any of those 4X4? Can you find that out?

Will definitely find out and let you guys know by sunday.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2011 at 18:27. Reason: Post edited. FYI - no need to quote full posts, you can edit/delete the text within quotes as required. Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:08   #219
BHPian

@bullit & kastubh

No 4X4 info's of yet. He promised to keep his eyes open if anything came along.
Old 24th January 2011, 09:02   #220
BHPian

ok kaustubh will exchange my octy for the sierra posted by bullit only if you find a good lawyer to take up my case when the family disowns me
ok here come the pics the culprits for the leaking roof and the solutions and sealing off the slats below the front windscreen to prevent dirt from clogging the drain holes and prevent rusting of the firewall in case someone is wondering the trade off is that the recirculation mode of the ac has to be shut down,which anyways in the sierra is not needed .
am tracing the 4x4 safari owner for kaustubh proposal
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-18012011011.jpg  

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-21012011018.jpg  

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-21012011016.jpg  

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-21012011019.jpg  

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-19012011015.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 11:28   #221
BHPian

@Doctor saheb - Family will not disown you.
An update on my Sierra - Yesterday I took my Sierra for a longish drive (150 Kms).
She does over-heat with the A/C on while climbing ghats.
Apart from that, when cruising, there is hardly any sign of heating. The temperature needle stays below the half way mark through out.

Another problem - When cruising in the 4th and 5th gears there is a lot of humming for speeds above 50 KMPH. The humming is not there in 3rd gear at the same speed so wheel bearings are rules out. But need to check with a mechanic.

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 24th January 2011, 16:58   #222
BHPian

@bullit: I have dropped over the side indicators with the mechanic. Even late sat evening they were busy working on your car. Mechanic said that it will take 2 more weeks though !! There is a lot of work to be done. I just hope that your sierra finishes soon so that I can start with the work

I took the sierra to Pune and back to Mumbai on saturday. No issues faced, the only problem was the pipe from the coolant tank to the radiator started leaking. was quickly fixed.

Otherwise a much better ride with the geolanders. Have a look
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-tyres.jpg  

Old 25th January 2011, 08:24   #223
BHPian

the geos look awesome now add alloys to complete the make over .bullits sierra will be out of the garage by this saturday hope to complete the painting by then .
bullit will be in mumbai on 26 jan why dont you come along and view the work up close.
also please share the cost and the shops name for our benefit
Old 25th January 2011, 17:14   #224
BHPian

@ Saptarshi: Thanks for the blinkers man. The painting and upholstery job will take about 10-12 days, followed by electrical work, which will probably take a day or two. All in all, 2 weeks is what it will take to finish my car.

The Yokos look fab on your ride! The white lettering gives them a "macho" look. They are crying out for alloys though. Do get them ASAP.

As for the leaky coolant pipe, I would suggest you take the car to a good mechanic and get all the other hoses checked too (and replaced if worn), since they are all probably of the same vintage.

@ sierrakamat: Thanks for putting up the snaps. Do take as many snaps as you can, maybe in a "stage wise" manner, so that all of us can see how the Sierra is re-built. Unfortunately I am not able to do this as I am too far, else I would have made a daily visit to the garage and taken the snaps myself.

Do keep the to-do list handy, I have a copy of it myself. We will review it once again the next time we meet, just to ensure that nothing is missed out.

- Bullitt.
Old 26th January 2011, 02:16   #225
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this immaculate Sierra Turbo on Electronic City Flyover. Is the twin rear wiper stock? Superb alloys as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-m3-underhood-049.jpg  

Tata Sierra Turbo: Queries-sierra-comp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks