Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 14:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

The name of this thread has been renamed to
"Various Niggling Linea Issues - Please post your experiences here"

Good to see that the thread has been renamed but i would request MODS to make this thread according to its name "Please post your experiences here"
Barring few posts ow "Linea owners" this thread is full of posts of non owners just repeating issues which are already written in initial ownership threads.

This thread needs a small clean up job
Old 14th June 2009, 17:41   #107
BHPian

got reply from Fiat

Got reply to my mail. Lets see what happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for buying a LINEA. We have received your feed back.We are deputing our Engineer to understand the problems and correct them. I assure you that we will take immediate measures based on your feedback.
Old 15th June 2009, 02:48   #108
BANNED

Since I mentioned the issues faced by me here, cross-posting the resolution by Fiat from my ownership thread.

Am very happy with Fiat's approach to care for the customer. Now only CarPG issues are there (if not only solved). And I've discussed his case with the Fiat Corporate Quality Manager who came from Pune today & met me.

Actually, am very very happy that we initial Linea-owners are very united & helping each other. See how Coolboy007 & neotraveller are writing to Fiat for others issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Did 1st service of my Linea today & also met Fiat officials regarding issues I raised. 1st regarding the Plastic issues.

I escalated the matter again Friday that service station got no intimation that someone is coming from Fiat & got response from ceodesk with name of the person coming. Well, he came today surely all the way from Pune to Mumbai & is from Fiat Corporate Quality Team. Am really happy to see Fiat's response driven straight from CEO Desk for a seemingly small issue.

I discussed with him about plastic quality, shown him the missing plastic cap, shown him all the levers & discussed many things.

Plastic cap - He came with 3-4 pieces of this plastic caps & alongwith placing driver side cap, he replaced the passenger side cap also as they've added 1 clip inside in this part so it holds tighter.

Chrome beadings - He asked me about Chrome beadings. I said I've already fixed it with Fevi Bond, a rubber adhesive. He said I seem to know quite a few technicalities as that is one of the right adhesives. Both side front driver side Chrome strips were very slightly displaced. He fixed those as well with Fevi Bond. Unfortunately, when we asked service station executive to bring in the adhesive, he brought Fevi Quik . Oh, I was so right earlier fixing the strip myself with Fevi Bond as I was not sure which glue they'll use. The right adhesive for these Chrome Beadings is Hit Lock (may be Pidilite-made) which comes in small round Blue colour bottle. Both of us tried to find it in the market but could not hence purchased Fevi Bond. Those Linea-owners who face this issue should try to get Hit Lock first & if not available then Fevi Bond does the trick.

Driver Seat Height Adjustment - We tested this on a bumpy ride for sometime but the seat didn't come down. We discussed it comes down sometime after 2-3 days & sometime even after 1 hour. He asked me to observe & if the problem persisted, he'll get the mechanical assembly changed.

Overall I'm quite happy & appreciated that Fiat took the initiative to address the issues. It seems Various Plastic Levers though they look fragile are hard to change & won't be changed. But Fiat is backing the customers in every such issue faced & rectifying them or replacing them. In any case Levers in my car are intact without any issues till now.

CarPG - If your issues are still not solved, pls PM me. I've discussed your case with him.
Old 15th June 2009, 02:54   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Like someone said, the Linea is a new car, and most of the new cars in India face some minor problems.
Though we don't own a Linea, we own a Palio GTX, which we bought in 2002, and even then, the car had a few small problems, but apart from that, the car has been running really well, and had even held up better than our Corolla in terms of rattles.
Another point to note, is the fiesta, we had one, faced some small niggling problems, but now, they are all sorted and the car is amazingly reliable. The same goes for other companies such as Hyundai, Maruti, even Honda.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:07   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Since I mentioned the issues faced by me here, cross-posting the resolution by Fiat from my ownership thread.

Am very happy with Fiat's approach to care for the customer. Now only CarPG issues are there (if not only solved). And I've discussed his case with the Fiat Corporate Quality Manager who came from Pune today & met me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Like someone said, the Linea is a new car, and most of the new cars in India face some minor problems.
Though we don't own a Linea, we own a Palio GTX, which we bought in 2002, and even then, the car had a few small problems, but apart from that, the car has been running really well, and had even held up better than our Corolla in terms of rattles.
Another point to note, is the fiesta, we had one, faced some small niggling problems, but now, they are all sorted and the car is amazingly reliable. The same goes for other companies such as Hyundai, Maruti, even Honda.
Manish7,

I hope posts here in this thread from Linea Owners are being helpful to you on your objective for this thread. If you need anything, PM me as within 2 months of ownership, I've experienced almost everything.
Linea is a wonderful fabulous car, a class apart in the segment
Old 15th June 2009, 10:16   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Manish7,

I hope posts here in this thread from Linea Owners are being helpful to you on your objective for this thread. If you need anything, PM me as within 2 months of ownership, I've experienced almost everything.
Linea is a wonderful fabulous car, a class apart in the segment

Certainly man, I am very glad to see initial Linea owners uniting and helping each other. That gives me some confidence when I decide to go for GP or Linea. BTW, do you come to Pune? We can meet up and discuss sometime soon. I come to Thane often, do you stay somewhere close?

Otherwise, can you PM me your cell number, I can call you and we can discuss.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:29   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Did you not get a better throw even with the headlamp level switch?
I am yet to check adjusting with Headlamp level switch, Will Check it
Old 15th June 2009, 10:56   #113
BHPian

Guys,
I sent out a mail to Fiat CEO Rajeev Kapoor regarding the niggling issues posted in this thread and following is the reply from him. Looks like FIAT is serious about fixing the issues. I received a very quick reply from Rajeev.Please keep posting all the niggling issues faced in Linea in this thread.

Dear Anand,
Thank you very much for making me aware of the problems being posted on the Team Bhp. We are working towards making the Linea a more quality and hassle free product.I have already directed my quality and service team to start the work on the same.

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:42 AM

To: ceodesk
Subject: CEO Corner Comment
Importance: High

Hi,
You have received a comment on CEO corner. Please find below the details:

Comment:
HI, I have been a great fan of Fiat cars and looking forward to the launch of Punto. I am a member in Team-bhp, one of the best and unbiased Automotive forum in India. I have come across a thread where the fiat linea owners of the forum have posted about small and niggling issues cropping out in Linea during the initial days of ownership. Please forward this to your quality control team to make sure all these issues are addressed. I am a well-wisher of fiat and hope that Linea becomes even more successful. I would also request Fiat-India to be a member in the forum and get the unofficial reviews/concerns raised by the members on the fiat cars. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60001-various-niggling-linea-issues-please-post-your-experiences-here.html

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 15th June 2009 at 11:11.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:19   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Santy

Which dealer have you bought Linea from & where did you got the 1st service?

also start your separate ownership thread & visit other Linea owners individual ownership threads - its all mentioned there. this is a diffrenet thread where you won;t find entire ownership report

I bought is from Wasan & Serviced at Wasn Kandivali workshop

Thanks Vahan, will certainly see the individual owners ownership threads
Old 15th June 2009, 11:41   #115
BHPian

Guys so far it seems like a majority of the rattling/squeaking sounds have been taken care of in my car! Rattling sounds are only coming from two places now which is much much better than what it was 1 week ago.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:54   #116
Senior - BHPian

There is a squeaking noise from rear.might be from the rear arm rest.
I am having Emotion Pack.Somebody said ,the rear armrest is different in rest of linea models.
The Armrest has some plastic inside which is covered by cloth.
If you touch that place you can feel some plastic parts moved uneven.
or the problem is in the rear blind(Service guy tiold me he has faced the same issue in some other car and is not yet fixed.as they don't know the real cause).
Old 15th June 2009, 11:55   #117
JRD
BHPian

Good to hear that Carpg

I have a question. Off all the rattling/squeaking sounds in your car, was there a tak-tak creaking sound from the driver side Pillar and dash intersection? If so what was the solution.? Its becoming very annoying in my car.

And also sound from the glove box lock.

Let me know.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:05   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
I bought is from Wasan & Serviced at Wasn Kandivali workshop

Thanks Vahan, will certainly see the individual owners ownership threads
I saw 2 Lineas at Wasan Kandivali workshop yday - 1 White & another F.Red. Was anyone of these yours?
How was your service experience at wasan kandivali?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:37   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
There is a squeaking noise from rear.might be from the rear arm rest.
I am having Emotion Pack.Somebody said ,the rear armrest is different in rest of linea models.
The Armrest has some plastic inside which is covered by cloth.
If you touch that place you can feel some plastic parts moved uneven.
or the problem is in the rear blind(Service guy tiold me he has faced the same issue in some other car and is not yet fixed.as they don't know the real cause).
I think rear blind is causing some of the rattling that I can hear from the parcel tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Good to hear that Carpg

I have a question. Off all the rattling/squeaking sounds in your car, was there a tak-tak creaking sound from the driver side Pillar and dash intersection? If so what was the solution.? Its becoming very annoying in my car.

And also sound from the glove box lock.

Let me know.
My glove box was not aligned properly but since they have fixed that I haven't faced any issues with it!

Thankfully I haven't faced the other two issues yet. Did you take it up with the workshop? What did they say?
Old 19th June 2009, 02:39   #120
BANNED

Update from my Linea-Ownership since I mentioned here some issues earlier, thought of mentiong update/developments:

No Rattling Sound, No Squeaking noise either. Am absolutely enjoying the Chico Italiano beauty.
  • Absolute stunning looks, a Head-turner. My car's washing guy once told me that he sees all the passer-by's staring at the beauty
  • Love the Foldable key - another novelty
  • FE is also good (mine is petrol Linea) - 14 kmpl on highways & around 10 kmpl in Mumbai B2B traffic (avg speed only 17-18 kmph). On Saturdays, even city-FE is 12-13 kmpl.
  • Family enjoying Rear AC Vents
  • Wifey also likes Rear Sun Curtain very much & as soon as she steps in the rear seats, the Sun curtain is outta from its socket properly gets itself in place shielding against the scorching sun.
  • USB & CD Player - both together are a must. Can't live with only USB as its cumbersome to first get the CD & then copy it on USB & I don't have time to download songs either. USB is also helpful.
  • Steering Mounted Controls are a boon.
  • Am just loving the Blue & Me - copies my phonebook on car system, accepts my voice command to call others, accept commands to change various car / audio settings, receive calls, Reads SMS (but my phone does not have SMS reader facility).
  • Fog Lamps help in various conditions - particularly when visibility is an issue like extreme Mumbai rains or Delhi fog. I like to have to Fog lamps ON irrespective of visibility - the car looks very good.
  • Alloys are a stunner
  • Automatic Climate Control is also a boon. In my earlier car, I had to continuously change it & still I used to get affected by cold every now & then. Now that biggest irritation is absolutely gone due to ACC
  • Wifey loves the Boot as she has a habit of stuffing things. Also the boot capacity is fully maximised with hinge-less closure mechanism
  • Love the little but very very important Safety features - Dispaly gives warning if a door is not properly closed with even citing the exact door. It also gives warning chimes if Seat belt is not fastned.
  • Follow-me Home Headlights throws lights for 20/40/more seconds when I leave car in dark near my home.
  • Absolutely comfortable & Stable. Superb Ride & Handling qualities. You throw her in the corner even at high speeds, she stays planted & even family in rear seat does not feel any body roll
  • Took her to 160 kmph speed a coupla times
  • I just love her front masseratti-like nose with grills like Audi.
Manish - let me know if you need any further info.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 19th June 2009 at 02:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks