Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:53   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
1. Engine noise is very much there from 2nd gear onwards.
2. GC
3. The foot well space while wearing shoes.
4. Power window button console is bit loose fit.
5. Height adjustment lever not working
Ans 1. Change to Michelins and good underbody coating. No noise at all. But then don't compare to a petrol car, specially the Hyundai's
Ans 3. Yes, footwell is cramped, but then u get used to it within a day or 2.
Ans 2, 4 & 5. No issues found till date (almost 1 month and 1300 KM done)
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:59   #137
BANNED

Well then that may be c'se of the TD car. He is fixed a TD for a second time with another dealer in Chennai, let see what this turning out to be.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:59   #138

Fiat Linea - 2010 - Bad Experience

My fellow BHP-ians, here is my experience with the Linea and my two cents - best to stay away from this car.

This is a low quality car, the fit and finish is pathetic. Doors and door knobs don't function smoothly, the A/C is non existent, ripples in head liner, rubber surround on doors coming lose, lousy audio system, wind noise due to the external mirrors (how sad is that)! ..... the list goes on.

Here is the kicker - this is a fully loaded car, about 2 weeks old. With less than 700km on the odo (it came with 75km), the radiator packs up and spews all the coolant out, distance travelled - 2 km! The guys show up, without coolant or water, want to drive the car away, sanity prevails and they tow it, in the process, they ruin the front bumper .... this is a brand new car .... and then .... they intend to keep the car for 10 days to replace the radiator!! Reason for the radiator bust up - "must be a stone" .... average speed up to this point is less than 10 km/hr. This is Ahmedabad city, we have more sand than stones here, regardless of speed!

The folks at the dealership, a leading one in this town - from the junior most to the senior most chappy, does not care at all. The sale has been made, monies exchanged, so, they do not give a *&^&* about you and more importantly, they really don't care about anything. The word customer does not exist in their vocabulary, leave alone service!

Also, Fiat has the audacity to run a TOI Ad today claiming this car has the coolest seats - that is so false, these guys should be sued for false advertising! In fact, they should not be allowed to sell. Consumer authority is pitiful in India .... overseas, this would not fly.

Even if offered for free, walk away from this car. I know this is the shared sentiment on this board, I am just adding my opinion into the ring.

Cheers!
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:18   #139
BHPian

McLaren,

Have you called the FIAT First Service Center about this? Also send a mail to FIAT Service reporting about your dealer and a.s.s experience.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:27   #140
Senior - BHPian

Its a very sad experience in the first place.

1) Radiator damage cannot happen just like that. There has to be some explanation. And keep the car for 10 days ? I am sure they dont have parts or they want to use the car. A stone hitting and breaking the radiator, if at all true, indicates lack of testing on Indian roads. But for A'bad, this is a distant possibility. Vadodara has bad roads as compared to A'bad, but I am yet to hear about a damaged radiator due to stone.

2) The build quality issues i.e. fit and finish issues. Looks like car they gave you is either a lemon or is a test drive vehicle. If you have the VIN number, then there is a thread where you can confirm how old the vehicle is.

3) Dealer not interested in solving the problems. This is not new, and very much expected from Fiat. But do mention who is the dealer. As far as I know, there are two dealers selling Fiat cars, Aspi motors and cargo motors.
Aspi motors did call TBHP Ahmedabad Linea owners for some meet, so if its Aspi motors, tell them about this thread.

4) The VIN thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd March 2010 at 14:28.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:45   #141
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck buddy!
I am using my bro's Linea since a year and no issues at all.... Plastic quality is justified for its pricing IMO.

Hope you are not comparing the plastic quality to some premium cars in US of A.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:53   #142
JVH
Senior - BHPian

In all probability, you are stuck with a lemon. Otherwise the Linea is not as bad a car as this particular specimen is. And I think the dealer also knows this which is why they are acting crappy.

I don't know what to say, its just tough luck buddy. I just hope for speedy resolutions.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:13   #143
Senior - BHPian

For a brand new 2010 model this really seems to be quite odd. On this forum there are quite a few people happy with their Linea. My office has couple of Lineas and owners are happy. Lets not generalize things.

1. Mail to FIAT and TATA motors big guns.
2. Threaten the dealer about complaining to FIAT-TATA and if not looked into then going to consumer court as well.

This is really a shameful incident for FIAT. There are chances that a defective piece is passed on to you. I pray FIAT listens to you and immediately solve your issue.

Just some time back read about a brand new Nano catching on fire. This is really a serious issue. Its high time Indian govt pulled up strings on manufacturing companies. Unless any big politician dies in a brand new car due to manufacturing defect, its highly impossible that Govt takes any notice of defective pieces.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:35   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
My fellow BHP-ians, here is my experience with the Linea and my two cents - best to stay away from this car.

This is a low quality car, the fit and finish is pathetic. Doors and door knobs don't function smoothly, the A/C is non existent, ripples in head liner, rubber surround on doors coming lose, lousy audio system, wind noise due to the external mirrors (how sad is that)! ..... the list goes on.

Here is the kicker - this is a fully loaded car, about 2 weeks old. With less than 700km on the odo (it came with 75km), the radiator packs up and spews all the coolant out, distance travelled - 2 km! The guys show up, without coolant or water, want to drive the car away, sanity prevails and they tow it, in the process, they ruin the front bumper .... this is a brand new car .... and then .... they intend to keep the car for 10 days to replace the radiator!! Reason for the radiator bust up - "must be a stone" .... average speed up to this point is less than 10 km/hr. This is Ahmedabad city, we have more sand than stones here, regardless of speed!

The folks at the dealership, a leading one in this town - from the junior most to the senior most chappy, does not care at all. The sale has been made, monies exchanged, so, they do not give a *&^&* about you and more importantly, they really don't care about anything. The word customer does not exist in their vocabulary, leave alone service!

Also, Fiat has the audacity to run a TOI Ad today claiming this car has the coolest seats - that is so false, these guys should be sued for false advertising! In fact, they should not be allowed to sell. Consumer authority is pitiful in India .... overseas, this would not fly.

Even if offered for free, walk away from this car. I know this is the shared sentiment on this board, I am just adding my opinion into the ring.

Cheers!
Hi,

I have been using LINEA for 11.5 months now and already covered 16250 kms. I have been extremely happy with this car, there has been no problem reported and last month when i drove to Aurangabad in 40 deg outside temp, my family was comfortably seating in the rear seats enjoying the rear A/C. I just completed the real first service of oil change beginning of this month and the performance has even further improved! I have enjoyed the ride quality and i can bet that none other car has the classy ride that LINEA offers. Honda ivtec- does not give the same confidence with its ride and though the engine is peppy you will not dare since the handling is not confidence inspiring.

Atleast in Mumbai the LINEA numbers have increased and one can spot many LINEA on the road. After changing the pollen filter, the A/C has become more powerful and the car now speeds to 100+ very easily. I have got a peak mileage of 14.1 [not the trip computer but actual] and overall of 13.1 with low of 11 kmpl. I guess you would have been extremely unlucky to have received a product that has had issues and let me tell you even if you visit BMW fan club, you will have users having complaints so i would say overall this is a fantastic product at the price with servicing cost just about 3K in a year!

Yatin-

LINEA April 2009- Emotion PK
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Oh man not again
Looks like a lemon to me too. I agree to the fact that interior fit and finish is pathetic but "the A/C is non existent, ripples in head liner and wind noise due to the external mirrors" is something new to me.

Is it a diesel??
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:38   #146
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about your brand new car being in a condition like this. We understand the pain and frustration you must be going through. But you must be calm and fix these issues asap before they start growing bigger.
More than the car I suspect your dealership to be utter rubbish. I found same at Concorde motors in bangalore. They were useless.

Firstly take your car to another TATA/Fiat dealership, try and sort out the problems.
Secondly Email TATA/Fiat and complain about this.

Don lose hope so quickly. The Linea is a nice car

And please keep us updated on how things go.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Was a proper PDI done before purchase ? What's the manufacture date of the car ?

Name the dealer.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:50   #148

This is unfortunate and very unlucky!

I have been riding this beauty for almost a year and covered 16200 kms till date without any issues. The performance just seems to improve with every drive [55 kms/day] and average has been getting better over months. I cant compare the ride quality with any other car- such is the class- I am happy with the fit and finish too for the price and features that are on the offer-
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:51   #149
CPH
BHPian

How did you intend to drive the car all the way from India to Princeton, USA?

Something in your report doesn't add up.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:18   #150
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post deleted. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 09:13. Reason: See your PM box

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks