Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 22:28   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Update from my Linea-Ownership since I mentioned here some issues earlier, thought of mentiong update/developments:
=============
Audi.[/list]Manish - let me know if you need any further info.

Great Vahan, so you are back to your happiness

my experience with the dealers on small issues, rattles, noises says, you take a day out stand with them in the workshop and get it fixed in front of you , the maximum noises are not heard by the dealers Test drivers as they have different perspective and no sensitivity to it, you know lot of owners donot complain even if big noise is comming from their cars and few owners are really sensitive, and dealers consider everyone the same

on top of it with great business sense the dealers will always take more cars than they can properly attend hence they would unnecessarily take long time and might not fix all your issues in one go, as they are overloaded, you know

so guys dont get upset if you have small issues, make them settle your issues in front of you, it might cost you a day standing in the workshop, if you sit on their head then only things will move for you
Old 21st June 2009, 20:53   #122
BHPian

Quote:
No Rattling Sound, No Squeaking noise either. Am absolutely enjoying the Chico Italiano beauty.

Manish - let me know if you need any further info.

Vahan ..write some niggling issues if you want responses .

This is " niggling isssues " thread remember ?!!
Old 21st June 2009, 23:41   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

Couldn't help it, Friend. There are no niggling issues. And my love for Linea takes me to every thread mentioning Linea
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:47   #124
BHPian

hi, i am planing to buy a new linea multijet emotion pack during the first week of july. i have already got the quotation and am in the process of arranging finance from a bank. please suggest if i should go for it or if there is any better alternative in the same price bracket. i like the cars looks and its features. i also like the service interval of 15k kms. so please advice. i have also heard that fiat is offering a new 1.6 diesel engine for the linea. will it be worth waiting for the 1.6 and will it affect the milage of the car and how expensive will it be.

Last edited by patil : 22nd June 2009 at 10:01.
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:25   #125
BHPian

No Niggling Issues!

Quote:
Couldn't help it, Friend. There are no niggling issues. And my love for Linea takes me to every thread mentioning Linea
Ditto, for me. No niggling issues and as VP mentioned, I also go to every thread about Linea.
I am happy that I have gone for Linea over ANHC.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:43   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

Buddy, it was weekend and I was away! VP, I am glad to know this!

As I mentioned elsewhere eon this forum (Jazz thread I think), it's only this thread which made me completely realize that so far in 5+ months nature of issues with Linea is nothing serious, in fact I am far more positive about GP/Linea now after all this discussion.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:46   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
hi, i am planing to buy a new linea multijet emotion pack during the first week of july. i have already got the quotation and am in the process of arranging finance from a bank. please suggest if i should go for it or if there is any better alternative in the same price bracket. i like the cars looks and its features. i also like the service interval of 15k kms. so please advice. i have also heard that fiat is offering a new 1.6 diesel engine for the linea. will it be worth waiting for the 1.6 and will it affect the milage of the car and how expensive will it be.
Patil,

Your decision to go for Linea is absolutely correct. No other car in its segment matches with what all Linea offers since, looks, features & equipments are important to you as you mentioned. I absolutely love htis beauty, you can check my post above & my ownership thread also for minute detail feedback on everything. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1356712

I'm personally doubtful about Fiat launching 1.6 in Linea so soon. Also, it would affect the FE & price as well. Linea in its current form is absolute all-rounder. If you're worried about the power, let me tell you its more than adequately powered. Still some people feels it during TD but then one needs to be used to Fiat's Cluth-Gear-Brake-Accelerator combo which is different. Check my ownership thread. It took me more than a month to get used to it & after that with this engine in Linea, I'm really driving her like a toy in B2B traffic, other "So called powered" cars dare to overtake her.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:54   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Buddy, it was weekend and I was away! VP, I am glad to know this!

As I mentioned elsewhere eon this forum (Jazz thread I think), it's only this thread which made me completely realize that so far in 5+ months nature of issues with Linea is nothing serious, in fact I am far more positive about GP/Linea now after all this discussion.
Manish7 - Great to know that as the threadstarter, your doubts are cleared. Eagerly awaiting you in Linea/GP t-bhp club

@Mods, - Why can't we rename this thread to "Fiat Linea - Owners' Feedback" ? It had been mentioned earlier as well & since now the doubts of the threadstarter is appropriately cleared, doesn't it make sense to rename it which justifies the content of the thread (owners' posts in this thread mentioning positive feedback exceeds far too more than those with niggling issues.)
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:58   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Am very glad to hear that! Other than a rattling parcel tray and the damaged bumper my car is excellent now !
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:25   #130
BHPian

One of my cousin owns ANHC and i had a ride on her and it was awesome, i loved most part of the ride and when i asked him about the niggling issues, he said he was enjoying her to the core and no issues, when i rode on her i heard a strange noise from her back seat and he dosent even consider it as an issue, but i will definitely make it a big issue out of that. Thats the problem with we Linea Owners
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:37   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
One of my cousin owns ANHC and i had a ride on her and it was awesome, i loved most part of the ride and when i asked him about the niggling issues, he said he was enjoying her to the core and no issues, when i rode on her i heard a strange noise from her back seat and he dosent even consider it as an issue, but i will definitely make it a big issue out of that. Thats the problem with we Linea Owners
That is exactly the Point ! So, Take it Easy !
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:00   #132
BHPian

I feel we Linea owners ensure best value for our money spent, we did not choose ANHC because there was no VFM and we din't want to put money blindly going for brand.
We have compared all features/comforts/price through microscope and made a decision.
Hence, during our ownership also, we do the same by seeing even minor things through microscope.

Reg issues like cheap plastics: ANHC dash board and AC controls?
My colleague who has a new SX4 absolutely likes the interior of Linea: the overall finish, steering wheel, the back-lit controls etc. Still its priced < SX4.

And this price you just cannot beat Linea interms of VFM. PERIOD.
Old 21st October 2009, 07:56   #133
BANNED

My brother zeroing on a Linea MJD E+, and his first TD turned out to be bad. Here are the reasons he told me. Can the Linea owners respond please.

1. Engine noise is very much there from 2nd gear onwards.
2. GC
3. The foot well space while wearing shoes.
4. Power window button console is bit loose fit.
5. Height adjustment lever not working

Most of them are already reported here. I wanted to get more inputs about the 1st point. Does these problems still exists in present Linea batches too..? or its already been rectified?

His daily travel is around 150 K.m (up/down) through ECR.

Last edited by wildon : 21st October 2009 at 07:59.
Old 21st October 2009, 08:27   #134
BHPian

Bought 1.4E+ on 15Oct and drove from Chennai to Kochi. 1000km completed. None of the issues reported by Linea owners earlier have cropped up thus far. Can't comment on engine noise, but I feel all issues mentioned by you could be because of a poorly maintained TD car. Had no issues with foot well (I wear size 8 shoes), power windows panel is well fit and there have been no issues with height adjustment after numerous changes in height.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:52   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Ditto, for me. No niggling issues and as VP mentioned, I also go to every thread about Linea.
I am happy that I have gone for Linea over ANHC.
Ditto for me toooooooo.
No problems with owning, driving, servicing my LINEA. I would only want a change and that would be less engine noise at high speeds. I am talking about speeds above 110/120 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks