Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 20:29   #196
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Hi friends,

I left my vehicle at KHT Motors on friday morning. I was informed by evening that the starter has some problems and has been sent to Lucas for checking. Today i called up the service advisor and he informed me that the starter needs to be changed under warranty and that it will take 7 - 10 days for the same. He suggested that i take the vehicle tomorrow with the old starter and use it till the new parts arrive. Am little worried now . any advice?? how do i ensure that this warranty order will be placed and is there any way i can follow it up?

regards
Old 9th May 2011, 20:52   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Hi friends,

I left my vehicle at KHT Motors on friday morning. I was informed by evening that the starter has some problems and has been sent to Lucas for checking. Today i called up the service advisor and he informed me that the starter needs to be changed under warranty and that it will take 7 - 10 days for the same. He suggested that i take the vehicle tomorrow with the old starter and use it till the new parts arrive. Am little worried now . any advice?? how do i ensure that this warranty order will be placed and is there any way i can follow it up?

regards
Ask the SA to give the order no for the part.If order is placed parts will arrive in 1-2 weeks time
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:26   #198
BHPian

Please help! My Linea's AC has suddenly stopped working. Blower and all the adjustments relating to ACC is working perfectly fine. But there is no cooling. Usually when I switch on the AC I used to here a clicking noise from the bonnet. But now its not there. Also the engine fan is not working. I checked it today and found that even if I keep the car idling for more than 5 minutes with AC on the engine fan does not start. I had gone for the AC up gradation in March after receiving SMS from Fiat about the same. After that the AC was cooling very effectively. But now I don't know whats wrong. Please shed some light on this issue. They had changed the engine fan during the AC upgrade.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:18   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Please help! My Linea's AC has suddenly stopped working. Blower and all the adjustments relating to ACC is working perfectly fine. But there is no cooling. Usually when I switch on the AC I used to here a clicking noise from the bonnet. But now its not there. Also the engine fan is not working. I checked it today and found that even if I keep the car idling for more than 5 minutes with AC on the engine fan does not start. I had gone for the AC up gradation in March after receiving SMS from Fiat about the same. After that the AC was cooling very effectively. But now I don't know whats wrong. Please shed some light on this issue. They had changed the engine fan during the AC upgrade.
The install would not have been done properly. The AC gas would have leaked. The O ring might need to be replaced. Please check with your service adviser.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 08:42   #200
J.Ravi

Quote:
Please help! My Linea's AC has suddenly stopped working.
Please take your Linea to the authorized service station asap. When my Linea had gone to Concorde Motors for CSC replacement, they did thorough checking of already upgraded AC without my asking for it. When asked, SA informed me that they are checking all upgraded AC on their volition as per FIAT India's instruction.
  (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 18:59   #201
BHPian

Thanks nkrishnap & J.Ravi. But I don't think AC gas would have leaked because I found this on Sunday evening and when I took the car before some days the AC was cooling very effectively. In fact Sunday was a hot day here and when I took the car I felt like the AC functioning. I felt like the engine fan working at that time. Then I moved the car from the garage and parked it in the road(with the engine and AC on). When I came after two minutes the Engine fan was off and on entering the car I found that it was neither cold nor hot inside. So I am pretty sure that the AC did work for a short period after starting the car on that day because otherwise the cabin would have been hot. I will be going to Concorde on Monday because they said that these days they are very busy and hence can't take my car. I know that there is some relation between the engine fan and the AC (lessons learnt from my Palio) but don't know how it affects the AC.
Old 17th June 2011, 09:03   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nkrishnap & J.Ravi. But I don't think AC gas would have leaked because I found this on Sunday evening and when I took the car before some days the AC was cooling very effectively. In fact Sunday was a hot day here and when I took the car I felt like the AC functioning. I felt like the engine fan working at that time. Then I moved the car from the garage and parked it in the road(with the engine and AC on). When I came after two minutes the Engine fan was off and on entering the car I found that it was neither cold nor hot inside. So I am pretty sure that the AC did work for a short period after starting the car on that day because otherwise the cabin would have been hot. I will be going to Concorde on Monday because they said that these days they are very busy and hence can't take my car. I know that there is some relation between the engine fan and the AC (lessons learnt from my Palio) but don't know how it affects the AC.
Is there any hissing noise while the blower is working??. I had a similar problem with my Punto. I have taken to the service center and came to know the condenser is not working. They have replaced the condenser kit free of charge. Mine was also retrofitted a few months back. They told some silly reason like hot weather etc for the failure.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:16   #203
J.Ravi

My Linea Has Decided Service Coupon Expired!

My Linea had her free second servicing done on 21 October 2010 [after completing 12 months from the date of delivery] at 8580 km.
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-dsc04088.jpg

The third free servicing is due in 30,000 km or 24 months, whichever is earlier.
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-dsc04085.jpg

While both these limits are still far away, my Linea's MID started showing the message 'Service Coupon Expired' while returning from Pondy this early morning! Perhaps, my Linea has added 15,000 to 8580 [=23,580 km] and after crossing this limit, concluded that the service coupon expired!
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-dsc04087.jpgFiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-dsc04086.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd June 2011 at 13:18.

Old 22nd June 2011, 17:05   #204
J.Ravi

Just now, I discussed with Somu, SA of Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, who advised me to book and bring my Linea for servicing. Third free servicing is after 15,000 km. So, my Linea is correct and I am wrong in interpreting the service rules. Ultimately my Linea wins hands down! Thanks a lot to my Linea for her timely reminder!

Fixed up appointment. My Linea is going for the third free servicing tomorrow at 9:30 am at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd June 2011 at 17:07.

Old 22nd June 2011, 20:07   #205
BHPian

I have been holding Linea emotion model for last 2.4 years have cloked at 32000 KM, last week suddenly I have noticed the below problems:

1. Speedo ODO was blinking for quite some time , and later in the day it has stopped blinking.
2. I have been getting message "Air bag failed see service handbook" when starting the car and then the message disappears.

Has anyone facing above problems and please advice on the steps taken
Old 28th June 2011, 12:59   #206
BHPian

Hi friends,

My linea's starter motor assembly was changed by KHT. Now there is no starting problem at all. The entire process took 4 days and was carried out under warranty.

Now, i went for a long distance trip and came back last week. The underbody has taken quite a beating.:( . Also, now there is a grinding sound when i turn the steering fully, with a vibration coming through the steering column and the brake pedal. What could cause this? i am taking the vehicle to KHT again this weekend.

Regards
Ananth
Old 28th June 2011, 15:57   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
I have been holding Linea emotion model for last 2.4 years have cloked at 32000 KM, last week suddenly I have noticed the below problems:

1. Speedo ODO was blinking for quite some time , and later in the day it has stopped blinking.
2. I have been getting message "Air bag failed see service handbook" when starting the car and then the message disappears.

Has anyone facing above problems and please advice on the steps taken
@Chevy: I too own a linea petrol EP since 2010 Feb have clocked 12000KM..
I am also getting the same air bag failure message. It will start throwing this msg when I change the gear.
Left the car at concord, Chennai and waiting for their report for past 1week. SA is telling it’s because one of the electronic device is malfunctioning. They are not sure how long it will take to fix the issue. Keep my fingers crossed…

Cheers
Dinesh
Old 28th June 2011, 16:07   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup_sh View Post
I have an Emotions Pack diesel Linea since April 2010 and which has clocked almost 23 K now. I have really enjoyed my time with Linea so far. However there is one issue that I wanted to discuss in this forum. It is about Linea's head lamps. I found them insufficient even on high beam and especially on (Indian) highways. I have tried talking to other Linea owners during my visit to service workshops but did not get any conclusive response on it. On the other hand Linea guy from Pune, Mr. Anand, who was in Techno workshop in Nazafgarh Delhi in relation to free Fiat checkup this month only has confirmed that Linea headlight follows ECE standard and is as per international norms. Has anyone here on Team BHP noticed this thing. I am planning to got to Himachal in May and will like to resolve this issue before I hit the highway again. Can someone help me with his experience and expertise on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
I dont agree with the last post by anup_sh. The low beam is not very good but the high beam is fairly good in my opinion. If you want more brightness, upgrade your bulbs to Philips High power Ralley bulbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Someone had told me that changing the bulbs voids the warranty. Even in my Sx4 does not have much brightness. For city driving it serves the purpose but I have seen better brightness on other cars.
The high beam of Linea is painful for the onlookers. And it works well in the city and I too had similar opinions as Naparajito and Saanil until I did not take a spin at night.
I drove the car at 165 kmph at 4 AM and have found it quite scary since the reach of lights are no good. By that time you are able to see a breaker you may already have jumped it. This is a serious issue.

I think philips x-treme should be good replacement if you dont want to play with the default wiring (read relay requirement with osram nightbreakers).

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 28th June 2011 at 16:08.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:24   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I think philips x-treme should be good replacement if you dont want to play with the default wiring (read relay requirement with osram nightbreakers).
You would not need any relay for Osram Nightbreakers or the newer Plus versions. They conform to the stock wattage (60/55W). I have the NB+ on my Punto and they are way better than stock.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:44   #210
J.Ravi

All along, I safely assumed that my Linea had some spare fuses neatly tucked in the car's fuse box going by the owner's handbook.
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-fuse.jpg
But, I have been under wrong impression so far. Today, I had discussion with SA at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. He informed me that spare fuses are not kept in the fuse boxes in Lineas and Puntos. Only in Palios, spare fuses are kept. He suggested that I take one fuse each in various amperage like 7.5/10/15/20/30/40 and keep them for emergency. They are readily available, it seems. I will buy some spare fuses shortly as I do frequent long-distance trips, so don't want any nasty surprises en route.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks