Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 20:59   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post

Nano's 1st service is 1500kms or 3months.
2nd service is 10000kms or 1 year.
3rd service should be 20000kms or 2 years.

Rock, would like to correct the above service interval periods,

The service intervals are,

1000 kms, 5000 kms , 10000 kms and thereafter every 10000 kms.

Regards

Mods - I am learning to use the iPad app for team - bhp and unable to find the multi -quote function. Apologies for inconvenience.

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 1st August 2013 at 21:08.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:02   #287
BHPian

Aargh! Yesterday had to catch a train at the other side of town and got unavoidably delayed at home.So to make it in time,I took my Nano.Since bangalore traffic is hell,no cooling for the radiator.Since my wife and kid was in the car,had to keep AC on too.Understandably the radiator fan was running overtime.Atlast dropped my wife and went to my friends place to park my car.I switched it off and wanted to restart again.it refused to even turnover!Does anybody have this problem? When this happened before,I asked tasc once but they checked and said everything is fine.Any suggestions?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:01   #288
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
Hi Amtak,

Third service is at 10000 to 10500 kms or 12 months whichever is earlier. It's also an important service due to oil change done. After this servicing and oil change can be done after 10000 kms interval.Ple

Hope this helps

Regards
Hi Vishbull,

I had got the 2nd service done at 1 year (in February, 2013); should i go ahead and do the needful by getting the 3rd service done?

Thanks!
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:13   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

Hi Vishbull,

I had got the 2nd service done at 1 year (in February, 2013); should i go ahead and do the needful by getting the 3rd service done?

Thanks!
Did you change the engine oil in the previous service? How many kms on the odo ?
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
the radiator fan was running overtime.it refused to even turnover!Does anybody have this problem? When this happened before,I asked tasc once but they checked and said everything is fine.Any suggestions?
Did you see the "Coolant warning" sign flash? Did you hear any beeping warning sound? If not, you have not over heated the car, IMO.

If it does not start , it could be something electrical. DO the lights and horn work?

Also make it a habit ( in case you don't) to run the engine for a minute / till the engine sound lowers perceptibly before switching off the engine. Actually a good idea in most cars.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:58   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Aargh! Yesterday had to catch a train at the other side of town and got unavoidably delayed at home.So to make it in time,I took my Nano.Since bangalore traffic is hell,no cooling for the radiator.Since my wife and kid was in the car,had to keep AC on too.Understandably the radiator fan was running overtime.Atlast dropped my wife and went to my friends place to park my car.I switched it off and wanted to restart again.it refused to even turnover!Does anybody have this problem? When this happened before,I asked tasc once but they checked and said everything is fine.Any suggestions?
Hi, looks like a starter problem if it doesn't even turnover. Suggest you to also check the battery wire connections, it's below the seat and may have become bit loose. Try moving it few times and tighten it. hope this helps.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:27   #292
Senior - BHPian

Got my first problem today; when I started the car today, it was shaking violently and the dashboard showed a "check engine" light. I shut the engine, used the other car to come to work and spoke to the Service Edge guys. They had come, checked the car and confirmed that the entire wiring is chewed by a mice. I would have to get the whole wiring changed for the car and for this the car has to be towed to the nearest service centre.

Any idea what is the estimated damage that I am looking at? Since, it is done by a mice, I cannot even get it replaced under warranty :(

Waiting for someone from Tata to touchbase with me with regards to towing vand details.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:36   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what is the estimated damage that I am looking at? Since, it is done by a mice, I cannot even get it replaced under warranty :(
You are looking at a damage of around 1.5k to 2k. A friend had got a same problem, but somehow the problem was fixed temporarily and we could drive it to the service centre. Entire wiring was changed for around 2k.

I think, it would have gone to the Balaji service centre near Hatkesh. Guys there are not too eager anyways to help you claim warranty. You might have to pay towing charges as well. IIRC, they had asked for some 700 bucks for towing the car to workshop.

Keep us updated.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:37   #294
BHPian

Quote:
I would have to get the whole wiring changed for the car and for this the car has to be towed to the nearest service centre.

Waiting for someone from Tata to touchbase with me with regards to towing vand details.
Sorry to hear Amtak, that's unfortunate. Not sure about the damages but considering the simple wiring, should not be more than 2 k. Please share the actual charges.

On a lighter note, the car just wanted to go for servicing I guess.

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 3rd August 2013 at 10:40.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

@ Vishbull,

Yes, I guess that is the case. I had booked a service with Wasan for next saturday and this is what happened today. Apparently, Wasan has stopped home pick up service from Mira Road (but they are happy to sell a car to someone in Mira road!)

I am dreading to go to Balaji but I guess I'll have no option as the car would eventually be towed there, else I am looking at Octroi charges to enter the city limits!
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:06   #296
BHPian

Quote:
I am dreading to go to Balaji but I guess I'll have no option as the car would eventually be towed there, else I am looking at Octroi charges to enter the city limits!
I found the service levels of Balaji acceptable. Friend got the wiring done from there and the rats have stayed away since then. The wires have got a good harness above them so that the wires are not chewed directly. The folks there have a bit "I don't care" attitude, but it should be manageable. Why don't you stay there when the car is worked upon?
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:10   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I found the service levels of Balaji acceptable. Friend got the wiring done from there and the rats have stayed away since then. The wires have got a good harness above them so that the wires are not chewed directly. The folks there have a bit "I don't care" attitude, but it should be manageable. Why don't you stay there when the car is worked upon?
Hey Carzone,

How are you doing? I am at office and most likely my FIL will have to go there. I know about the I dont care attitude of Balaji. They have never offered me any test drive for Either the Storme/Aria/Nano and when I enquired about the Punto, were trying to sell the Vista to me. There's zilch follow up from them on any enquiry I have ever made with them.

Any idea how much your friend had paid at Balaji?
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:31   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Carzone,

How are you doing? I am at office and most likely my FIL will have to go there. I know about the I dont care attitude of Balaji. They have never offered me any test drive for Either the Storme/Aria/Nano and when I enquired about the Punto, were trying to sell the Vista to me. There's zilch follow up from them on any enquiry I have ever made with them.

Any idea how much your friend had paid at Balaji?
A couple of my friends have interacted with Balaji, one while buying a Manza and other for the servicing of the Nano.

While buying the Manza, when we requested the TD, we were offered a small one around the showroom. I did ask my friend to take a longer TD, but the SA refused saying it was their pre-defined route. My friend was not interested in a longer TD as well, so left it then and there. While the day of delivery came nearer, the SA delayed it for 3 days at the end moment. The last I came to know about the manza was that there was some problem with some rusting and they were not ready to accept a warranty claim.

The nano, had been there for a service with the change in wiring as well. Costed around 3.5k(max) IIRC. Also, once the accelerator cable had broken in the nano and I asked for a warranty claim to which the blatantly refused. Friend was not too eager for the 700 bucks I remember, so did not pursue further. I had reported it here as well.

We don't have a option staying here in Mira Road as they are the one and only nearby. The other nearest we have is in Borivali near the tata steel. Forget which dealer we have there.
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:49   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
We don't have a option staying here in Mira Road as they are the one and only nearby. The other nearest we have is in Borivali near the tata steel. Forget which dealer we have there.
Near Tata Steel is I guess Sai Service? or Om Sai Motors; my dealer is Wasan Motors and since it's a breakdown, if I have to tow my car in Mumbai, I would have to pay 4% of the car's value as Octroi and hence, this option.

Let us see what happens there. Wifey has reached there with FIL. Sad thing is, while Service Edge guys were in constant touch with me, no one from Balaji connected with me. Hope it is just a one off case.

Edit: Wifey is waiting there with the car and noone has touchbased with her for the past 30 minutes. I hope this is my family's last outing to Balaji. They have shattered my dream of buying a Fiat as well.

Last edited by amtak : 3rd August 2013 at 12:52.
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:10   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Near Tata Steel is I guess Sai Service? or Om Sai Motors; my dealer is Wasan Motors and since it's a breakdown, if I have to tow my car in Mumbai, I would have to pay 4% of the car's value as Octroi and hence, this option.

Let us see what happens there. Wifey has reached there with FIL. Sad thing is, while Service Edge guys were in constant touch with me, no one from Balaji connected with me. Hope it is just a one off case.
Sai service are Maruti, Mahindra(I think so) and Bajaj dealers. Tata is Om Sai motors(googled it) in the area.

I did not know about the octroi rule. Thank you.

Did you call up Balaji before going there? If yes, then they should have got in touch with you. Hope the wait is not a long one.

Quote:
Edit: Wifey is waiting there with the car and noone has touchbased with her for the past 30 minutes. I hope this is my family's last outing to Balaji. They have shattered my dream of buying a Fiat as well.
This is what I like about MSIL. I don't need to keep the car there overnight for a service. Give it in the morning, collect it in the evening. On my request they even got it ready in 2 hours flat. While my friends using tata say that they need to keep the car atleast for 1 night.
I don't know if it is only me, but I have seen quite less number of SA's in Balaji than I have seen in Sai Service, Borivali. Less staff here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks