Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 12:24   #151
BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I just received a letter from Tata Motors Ltd (dated 17th October 2011).
when did you buy your Nano and what is its month and year of manufacture?
I want to know this to know whether or not to expect the letter or should I call the helpline on my own?
Old 28th October 2011, 12:35   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
when did you buy your Nano and what is its month and year of manufacture ?...
Mine is a BSIV version made in April 2011, registered on 30th May. I have no clue if the notification is targeted to a particular batch or the entire nano collection on road ! I think its the entire stuff. You might get the letter anyday as the Diwali holidays might have caused delay in the postage.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:51   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a BSIV version made in April 2011, registered on 30th May. I have no clue if the notification is targeted to a particular batch or the entire nano collection on road ! I think its the entire stuff. You might get the letter anyday as the Diwali holidays might have caused delay in the postage.
Yes its for the entire batch. I understand a lot of starter motors were getting replaced so TML is doing retrofitting in all the batches.

Cheers
Old 28th October 2011, 15:09   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a BSIV version made in April 2011.
My car is also BS IV. I bought it in September.
I also got my letter today. I have booked the service for upgradation on Sunday along with my car's first service.
Old 28th October 2011, 19:05   #155
Senior - BHPian

I will take a chance to wait for the dealer/service center to call and fix up the day and time. Lets see how slow that is going to be as my usage is just weekends, no hurry
Old 28th October 2011, 23:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

I have also received the call but for some ECU re-flashing. i ignored as for whom i bought, its running fine and her usage is very little. Also the nearest TATA service center is 180kms from my place.

Problem that i encountered up till now is just the fan belt noise. which i solved myself.

Rest its running fine.
Old 29th October 2011, 10:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
....nearest TATA service center is 180kms from my place......the fan belt noise. which i solved myself.....
Oh that's a real distance, a full tank and half petrol only to visit the place Fan belt thing self repair is interesting. I think most of the basic things could be taken care of by DIY if one has the basic engine wengine practical mind !
Old 29th October 2011, 11:14   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Problem that i encountered up till now is just the fan belt noise. which i solved myself.
My car also experiences fan belt noise at start up. Can you elaborate on the DIY process?
thanks!
Old 29th October 2011, 11:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have also received the call but for some ECU re-flashing. i ignored as for whom i bought, its running fine and her usage is very little. Also the nearest TATA service center is 180kms from my place.

Rest its running fine.
My Nano has done 4700kms in 7 months!
AC Blower motor conked off @ 3000, replaced for FREE under warranty.
Fan belt sqeaks a bit when going from 2-3rd gear with AC on.

Please advise how to get rid of it
Old 29th October 2011, 14:49   #160
Senior - BHPian

I would not recommend a DIY on nano if you are not comfortable with tools. The engine is in a very awkward position.

you have to loosen the belt a bit. and spray WD 40 on the pulley.

Didn't took the pictures as the car is for a lady friend and had done in a hurry at her house.

Will definitely post images when i open it up next.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 23:53   #161
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

I received a letter today too. It mention about changing the starter motor for free.
Lemme think about it what can be done. more details later.

PS: we never faced any problem yet, even during heavy rains this season. It was heaviest after 14 years. So what problem are they talking about.
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:54   #162
BHPian

I have rescheduled my car's first service for this Sunday along with the Starter motor replacement. The general consensus in team-BHP is to have the engine oil changed at the first service. Should this be done for Nano as well?

In addition, Service agency rep. told me that they are supposed to only check the starter motors and replace only if needed whereas the Tata letter says it will be replaced no matter what. Is the service behaviour fishy? What is the way to check?

Edit: I am dealing with the Techno Auto Dwarka and they have service centre in Najafgarh

Last edited by avingodb : 3rd November 2011 at 16:59. Reason: added the dealer name
Old 6th November 2011, 21:54   #163
BHPian

Got my car back after first service and the Starter motor replacement done. Total cost was 0 Rs.!
(In the final invoice, the replacement starter kit is priced at Rs. 7087.00, of course its priced Rs. 0 in the end after marking it under discounts)
They also seem to have resolved the fan belt noise issue I was facing at cranking. Hope it does not come back soon.

However, a couple of issues remain:
1) Floor mats were loose and I had marked it in the job card that they be fixed. However, it remains as it was.
2) I had bought a car charger and gave it to them for fixing at the service. However, it has not been done and the charger came back packed as the service centre guy told me to go back to the showroom to get it done. Is it easy to fix it by DIY method?

And the Worst; they have fixed the steering in a wrong way. Its not aligned with the wheels and the car goes in a straight line when the steering is fairly tilted to the left.

Overall experience with the Service Centre:

The location and ease of access of the Techno service centre is just frustrating and their communication leaves you like .

I had asked for the car to be picked up in the first call. I also gave my address and detailed directions to my place. However, the next day I got a reminder call and I was told that I never booked for a pickup and there would be no driver visiting my place. I said ok but asked them to get back to their database and see my previous call. The agent tells me that they would get back but no call till today morning from them and when I reach that service centre I get a call from the driver who was at my home for pickup!

Hoping that the steering issue is solved soon and with less hassle than what I experienced this time.
Old 14th November 2011, 00:04   #164
BHPian

just got a call from a Nano sales guy that refreshed Nano will be launched in the next couple of days, with some more bright colours, better fuel economy and better noise damping!
watch out this space!
Old 16th November 2011, 16:29   #165
kkg
BHPian

Few weeks back, I gave my Nano to Autolinks for " retro kit " fitment. They changed some wiring and put some fuses beside the battery to protect the starter motor.The starter motor itself was changed. They also changed the wipe/wash motor citing that the company has told them to do so.

But, few days back the new wipe/wash motor has gone kaput. I have checked the fuse for it in the fuse box but it is ok. Has anybody's else's same motor been changed recently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks