Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 10:31   #136
BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I have LX for past one year have driven only 1200 so far.
Its always been a nightmare to drive this, I also have a i10.

Each time i drive nano i get left knee pain and back pain as well.
The gear changing is so so hard at time i just ignore and move back to the previous gaera as the 2 to 3 just does nto engage,
and the clutch is also very hard,
Each time the *** says thats how the car is , you fool, if u have bought a nano then start living with it, don;t expect a smooth drive ever.
Would like to sell it on weight basis, if my agree(who bought the car) agrees
Sure Nano has its share of problems, but I would say its not as bad as you are projecting it to be!
From 2nd to 3rd gears, I also had some problems initially, but with practice I think its easy.
Did you do a TD before buying Nano though?
Old 18th September 2011, 19:37   #137
BHPian

Quote:

The gear changing is so so hard at time i just ignore and move back to the previous gaera as the 2 to 3 just does nto engage,
Each time the *** says thats how the car is , you fool, if u have bought a nano then start living with it, don;t expect a smooth drive ever.

I have completed 21,000 kms in my Nano LX 2010 March. I was suffering from backpain after long drives earlier. But, with Nano, I am totally free from back pain. I used to drive more than 300 kms in a single stretch in my Nano. No problems. Engine and Gearbox are excellent. The clutch will become tight after some time, and, I had to get it smoothened 2-3 times within this 21000 kms. Gear shifting is a joy in Nano and the Nano Gear shift is better than the Gear shift in my much costlier Maruti Baleno VXi !!!
Old 11th October 2011, 09:35   #138
BHPian

@ All Nanoites I could hear a small screeching sound at cranking of late. It gets over as soon as the engine starts. what could be the causes for this?

NB: My car is only a month old and has done just 600 Kms
Old 15th October 2011, 17:13   #139
BHPian

I am thinking of buying a new Nano LX, replacing my 2005 Alto LXi that has clocked only 17000 kms. I request the experts to advice me
  1. Is it a good decision (my usage is pretty low)
  2. Does the rear engine noise & heat bother much?
Thanking in anticipation.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th October 2011 at 23:46. Reason: removed email ID
Old 15th October 2011, 18:14   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
I am thinking of buying a new Nano LX, replacing my 2005 Alto LXi that has clocked only 17000 kms. I request the experts to advice me
  1. Is it a good decision (my usage is pretty low)
  2. Does the rear engine noise & heat bother much?
Thanking in anticipation.
Hi my 2004 lxi alto has done 28.5k and I still am not thinking of replacing it ... why are you ? Is there some damage otherwise alto is easily good for 8 yrs at ur low mileage only 17k.Nano is a step down it fires like a rickshaw and engines vibrate excessively .Nano owners dont curse me I am just comparing its refinement to the alto.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th October 2011 at 23:46.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:07   #141
BHPian

Thanks.While she has run only 17k Kms, the metal is 6.5 yrs old. It is just that & nothing else. I think for the time being I shall stick to the Alto
Old 16th October 2011, 10:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Thanks.While she has run only 17k Kms, the metal is 6.5 yrs old. It is just that & nothing else. I think for the time being I shall stick to the Alto
Metal might be 6.5 years old, so what? Is there any major body work or corrosion thats affecting your Alto?

Selling an Alto at 17k, if you've been the first owner and the car is not giving you trouble, does not really make sense. And buying a Nano in exchange is just not advisable. Since you have very low mileage, I would advise you to stick with the Alto for the next few years.
Old 16th October 2011, 16:47   #143
BHPian

Thanks.No corrosion at all.Not even a scratch. I have decided to keep the Alto
Old 21st October 2011, 21:28   #144
BHPian

Quote:

I don't get it. We have a Nano CX - will be one year old on 31 October. Driven over 3000 kms. I've never found the gear changing difficult. Infact whenever my back gives me problem ( I've had L4-L5disc prolapse) I prefer the Nano to my other car as getting in and out is so much easier.The car has not given me any problem except that I feel that the left front suspension makes some noise if I drive hard over a speed breaker. I will be going for the third servicing tomorrow so I will bring up this issue. Agreed the car has flimsy visors,only one OVRM and no fifth door but its fine otherwise as a city runabout.
Old 27th October 2011, 13:00   #145
BHPian

guys, can you confirm what each of the bar on the fuel indicator shows in terms of litres of petrol?
Old 27th October 2011, 16:43   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...always been a nightmare to drive this, I also have a i10....Each time i drive nano i get left knee pain and back pain as well.
The gear changing is so so hard at time i just ignore and move back to the previous gaera as the 2 to 3 just does nto engage, and the clutch is also very hard...Would like to sell it on weight basis.....
That does not sound like a genuine comment from a real user. I have had Corolla, M800, WagonR and Fiesta in the past 7 years. I would give those comments to the WagonR without a second thought, because its gear was always a mystery to everyone who owns one. My 5th car is a Nano and I love every bit of it. Although I do not have any issues so far (just 4.5 months, BSIV), I know people who had minor issues got them rectified free without issues. Its not a fast moving product anyway, but it is still showing up on road. According to me, its the perfect car for the city runs. Lastly, I hate the i10 steering play, it lacks precision & life. One will understand it better after using a Fiesta & Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
guys, can you confirm what each of the bar on the fuel indicator shows in terms of litres of petrol?
1 bar = 2 ltrs according to the manual. That is 6 bars x 2 = 12 ltrs. Reserve is 3 ltrs and that sums up to a 15 ltr tank, probably close to 16 stated by few gas station attenders.

I just noticed that the manual recommends clutch to be pressed while turning the ignition ON. I have never done that till date (my ODO is close to 1000). Curious to know the technical reason behind this, if someone could explain.
Old 27th October 2011, 17:47   #147
Senior - BHPian

Off late quite a few times I have got the starter solenoid problem wherein the starter doesn't move even after turning the ignition key.

Is the starter solenoid a regular problem in the Nano.

My Nano LX has done about 2600 Kms in almost 7 months and I enjoy driving it a lot in the city. But the rattles are slowly starting apart from the AC cooling slightly less than before. This has me worried as I don't trust the Grease Monkeys at Concorde Motors, Hyderabad.

Cheers
Old 27th October 2011, 21:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
....I don't trust the Grease Monkeys at Concorde Motors, Hyderabad....
That was really hilarious, I could imagine those guys standing in a line

Rattles and other 'alien' noises are to be expected in nano as part of the package ! I am bit relieved because no recent reports of catching fire. As the overall sale is pathetic, resale value is anyway gone for a toss for sure. Hoping and praying I can complete atleast an year in this small wonder. My ownership record never had any car more than 2 yrs.
Old 28th October 2011, 08:53   #149
BHPian

thanks a lot shajufx. I was under the impression that the bars are about 2 and half L and reserve is 3 Ltrs above 15.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:18   #150
Senior - BHPian

I just received a letter from Tata Motors Ltd (dated 17th October 2011). The content is ' Tata has undertaken to upgrade existing Tata Nanos in the market and replace defective starter motors and related components to enhance the performance and long term reliability of the vehicle'. And its free of charge. This is the first intimation, dealer will do the follow up and fix a date to get the work done.

I really hope its not the start of a long list of 'things' to be replaced one by one ! Infact they should also introduce a 'buy back' policy
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks