Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Surprised that people who own a car dont know about it themselves. Once in a while get under the car, see if all is well, nothing leaking, broken, hanging out of place, etc etc... Also, nano owners, check the coolant levels once in a while. You have to open up the engine cover below the boot space.

Anyways, the tank is below the co-drivers seat, runs about 2.5 foot long, (very thin profile). The tank itself (till its mouth) holds 15~ liters, and the pipe that connects it to the filler holds another 3.X~ liters. Once I was so out of fuel on the way to Ooty, I filled up 18.X liters at mysore... To the brim.

Oh, and about the BRIM part -- The only reason I DONT fill upto the brim is the bunk fellow looses his patience in a nano. The connecting pipe is SO long that air doesnt escape very fast out of the tank, and it takes ages to fill full. Each time it becomes full, it will take 3-5 seconds to lower about 2 inches... thats how I got to fill 18+ liters the only time I did so.

For some nano pics (the mechanical bits) - see here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...5000kms-3.html

Last edited by svsantosh : 23rd June 2011 at 09:26.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

In my Nano, the lever for operating the window came off twice on the left side and once on the right side (both front). This was with normal usage, but not rough in any way.

During the first service, the lever on the left side was replaced. IIRC they charged me 35 bucks. I guess the quality of the part is a bit low, but then I cannot expect much at 35 bucks!
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Surprised that people who own a car dont know about it themselves. Once in a while get under the car, see if all is well, nothing leaking, broken, hanging out of place, etc etc... Also, nano owners, check the coolant levels once in a while. You have to open up the engine cover below the boot space.
svsantosh You showed us the nano from the angles its never been seen earlier. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1781403

I am not sure why don't people "bend it like beckham" lolz. It just takes couple of minutes to check the undercarriage of your car. A little time spent can help peaceful motoring for years. Any how its complete individual choice some learn it by heart and some learn the hard way!!

Recently I got my car serviced and the clutch cable was replaced. Today morning out of curiosity I wanted to inspect if they fastened all the clamps that holds the cable running all the way from the front to back. Everything looked OK, except one part! The clutch cable enters the engine chamber from the lower right hand side of the car then goes by side of the compressor and goes below the exhaust pipes, there is plastic clam kind thing attached on the chassis which hold the cable away from the compressor fly wheel (Will add some pictures later). Bang! They dint fasten it! If I would have switched the AC on, the cable would brush with the fly wheel and eventually the skin would rip off over a period of time. I saved the cable!

Last edited by MadTiger : 23rd June 2011 at 20:11.
Old 28th June 2011, 16:04   #109
BHPian

Update to all Nano owners !!!

LHS mirrors have started arriving and I am getting mine installed today from KHT motors, Bangalore. Mirror price is around 750 and the painting is a rather steep 1000 bucks ! Suggest you get it installed from your dealer as they have to drill a hole in the LH door.

My Nano has completed 11000 kms and 10 k service was done. Cost me around 1500 and vehicle is performing satisfactorily. Have upgraded to company alloy wheels...great city car !
Old 28th June 2011, 20:45   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post

LHS mirrors have started arriving and I am getting mine installed today from KHT motors, Bangalore. Mirror price is around 750 and the painting is a rather steep 1000 bucks ! Suggest you get it installed from your dealer as they have to drill a hole in the LH door.

My Nano has completed 11000 kms and 10 k service was done. Cost me around 1500 and vehicle is performing satisfactorily. Have upgraded to company alloy wheels...great city car !
Cost is too high. I don't think that this mirror comes from tata. It may be from some third party who want to make money fast. While all other components of the nano are very less priced, why this alone so costly ?
Old 28th June 2011, 23:15   #111
Senior - BHPian

what is the cost of three holes alloy.??
Old 28th June 2011, 23:18   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
what is the cost of three holes alloy.??
2K per alloy i guess.
Also how much fuel does each bar represent approximately in the fuel guage?

Quote:

Thats great news,i will go for it.
How do they mount it?
Do they have to drill holes?

Last edited by Stratos : 29th June 2011 at 11:28.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:23   #113
BHPian

Hello All,

I got a call from Prerana Motors today, they have called to update my car's ECU. Did any one else (Nano Owner's) get calls from their delear's for updating
ECU?

PS: If yes, would like to know what is the update about?
Old 29th June 2011, 21:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Hello All,

I got a call from Prerana Motors today, they have called to update my car's ECU. Did any one else (Nano Owner's) get calls from their delear's for updating
ECU?

PS: If yes, would like to know what is the update about?
What kind of update,we got our two weeks ago,no such call.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

The cost of alloy is 2100 pops. they are giving back 370 for the disc. (of new car)

Booked a Nano Lx lunar silver for a friend on her insistent.

As far as LH mirror is concerned they can be fixed by drilling holes on the door. Its a easy job if you know how to properly use a drill.
Old 30th June 2011, 01:26   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What kind of update,we got our two weeks ago,no such call.
Its for ECU update - they will reprogram the ECU but the guy did not tell me what update the new firmware has. Tomorrow I will call them and ask what update it has.
Old 30th June 2011, 09:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
LHS mirrors have started arriving and I am getting mine installed today from KHT motors, Bangalore. .............
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Thats great news,i will go for it.
How do they mount it?
Do they have to drill holes?
Please do post pics of the install in this thread or on your ownership thread .
Old 30th June 2011, 20:23   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Its for ECU update - they will reprogram the ECU but the guy did not tell me what update the new firmware has. Tomorrow I will call them and ask what update it has.
The service centre informed me that they are reprogramming the ECU to incorporate 'Engine shut-down' on 'over temperature' condition.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 22:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
The service centre informed me that they are reprogramming the ECU to incorporate 'Engine shut-down' on 'over temperature' condition.
Thanks KMohanan - I was told its for over all performance improvement of the car. They never mentioned about the auto-cut off of the engine at high temperature I guess most of them doesn't know about it or simply does not want to share!
Old 12th July 2011, 15:57   #120
BHPian

Quote:

The internally adjustable LRVM of my spark even came within 650/-. I am damn sure that this is only because of someone taking advantage of the demand...!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks