Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 00:46   #46

hey guys after reading this i gave a visit to vittesse Service station at andheri and worli for upgradation of my swift D breaking boosters but they said that they dont have any new boosters for swift D?? What should i do? and please let me know which service station in mumbai is offering these boosters ?
Old 11th October 2010, 16:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Firstly - Thanks a ton to Humyum, If not for his update no one would have even been aware of this piece of information.

Secondly - Yes, this news is indeed true. I have a swift VDI from 2008 batch and the service station in chennai did replace the booster for me FOC since im covered under extended warranty for the 3rd year. However, do note any service station you contact will be blissfully unaware of any such thing in the first place. They cannot differentiate between the upgraded brakebooster and the old one and god knows what is maruti's strategy on this. I contacted the regional technical person through their website and he acknowledged to me this news is indeed true. He then instructed the MASS in chennai to replace the booster for my car which was about a day's work since its a little complicated in nature.

Finally - I dont know if it has really made a difference, or atleast no perceptable difference in day today city driving. As humyum had quoted in his post earlier, with the old booster it was literally impossible for me to get my wheels locked, i need to try out with the new upgraded one if it has made a difference in high speed breaking. The cost of the new booster was around 2577 Rs which was waived off for me against the extended warranty. I had to pay for the brake fluid and some other consumables amounting to 377 Rs for the job.

Overall im pretty happy with the responsiveness of Maruti and thanks to their regional technical head who contacted, acknowledged and resolved the issue. My only complaint is the service centers needs to be educated about this as they are the first point of contact for the customers and they are not aware of this upgrade at all.

I would be happy to help in anyways i possibly can.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:20   #48
BHPian

Hi Humyum / Milind,

I am from Mumbai, would like to know from which dealers did you get this done. I have already initiated conversation with my dealer (FortPoint), the information
Old 21st October 2010, 15:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
how did you manage this? I mean what reasoning you gave these guys?
Seriously ! the guy is really sweet to have changed the Booster for no charge whatsoever.
AFAIK, the dealers / service stations are not under any compulsion to change the boosters as the stock ones are meeting the specs specified by the maker.

But dude, seatbelts Please !

This is a welcome move by MSIL to acknowledge the reqt of stronger braking in the diesels. . .
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Hi Humyum / Milind,

I am from Mumbai, would like to know from which dealers did you get this done. I have already initiated conversation with my dealer (FortPoint), the information
Fortpoint should do this for your Swift; unless your car is equipped with Modified Brake Booster.

Last edited by Milind : 22nd October 2010 at 17:21.
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:12   #51
BHPian

Anyone from Bangalore have them replaced?
I am trying to get the information from Pratham, but not going an inch.

Thanks
Deepak
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:08   #52
BHPian

Hi, got an update from the Technical Advisor @ Pratham ORR. confirmed the availability of the booster, said it will be replaced only if there are complaints. Any suggestions as to how to get it replaced under warranty or extended warranty. Mine is July 2009 Dzire VDi and have the extended warranty.
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hi, got an update from the Technical Advisor @ Pratham ORR. confirmed the availability of the booster, said it will be replaced only if there are complaints. Any suggestions as to how to get it replaced under warranty or extended warranty. Mine is July 2009 Dzire VDi and have the extended warranty.

Start complaining about the brakes!! No,seriously, I mean it. Spoke to my S.A from Sagar auto, as expected he denied it.If you get it replaced, let me know, I will approach the same service centre for the upgrades.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I started a good epidemic in here . Get it replaced guys. Its worth it.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:47   #55
BHPian

@humyum, can you please post the Part number details in the bill they gave to you if it has one. I am going to the service center this morning. Will check with them with the Part number

On the lighter note, I hope this epidemic just not creaate more Swifts/Dzire's rear ended

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 23rd October 2010 at 00:49.
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@humyum, can you please post the Part number details in the bill they gave to you if it has one. I am going to the service center this morning. Will check with them with the Part number

On the lighter note, I hope this epidemic just not creaate more Swifts/Dzire's rear ended
Hey, Sorry Deepak, I am in the United Kingdom now and my dad would not know anything related to the bill or part number, so posting that would be difficult. Guys who have got the upgraded brake booster can u please post the part number for Deepak.
Rofl @ read ended. With the earlier weak brakes I have almost read ended half of mumbai :P
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:31   #57
BHPian

Ok, here is an update from Bangalore ORR, pratham motors.

I called up the Technical Advisor from MSIL and he confirmed there is a Booster updated. However this is only part of the RnD that happens with Maruti. It is currently fitted to those customers who either have a serios problem with Boosters or they personally want to upgrade it.

If it is a serious problem, it would be replaced under waranty if the owner has an Extended warranty, else cost if borne by the owner which is about 4000 rs.

We went on a test drive, and the GM confirmed no replacement required. Though tried hard to convience him that I need a replacement under warranty. I have been asked to test nother 2-3k Kms and check again since I got the brake pads changed and service done 100 kms before.
Old 25th October 2010, 16:59   #58
BHPian

Thanks humyum for the update. I always felt my Ritz's brakes lacked bite compared to my dad's Santro inspite of the latter being 10 years old! I called up MSM chennai and they say they are not aware of any such notice. I have raised a query in Maruti's website. If there is no reply I will try to contact the regional office. Bad that MASS is not proactively changing something that is very important.
Old 26th October 2010, 21:32   #59
BHPian

Even I have raised the same query with my local MASS but they say that they are not aware of anything like this, but one of the service advisor told me that if I have confirmed news about this then he wanted me to get the vehicle registration no.s so that he can check and help me.

Last edited by GTO : 27th October 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Sorry, no requests for registration numbers will be entertained here
Old 17th November 2010, 11:48   #60
BHPian

Anyone from Chennai please let me know if this replacement has been done in any Maruti service stations and if it is done in general or in specific cases / problems faced. There is no response from Maruti on the query I raised in their site.

If anyone has the email ID of the Chennai regional office please PM me.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 17th November 2010 at 11:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks