Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 07:02   #76
BHPian

I tried braking at 100kmph speed with 4 members on board, the stopping distance was around 100-105 mtrs, i now realise how stupidly i had said about 5 mtrs distance.(dont know what i was thinking while making such a erroneous statement).
my family members also noticed the difference in braking.
Old 26th November 2010, 09:36   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Good news. Unfortunately for me they send the same message saying relevant people will respond everytime I enquire. Some automated message or something. I am getting fed up. One major reason for buying a Maruti is for the customer service and if that is not there then it is a mistake for going for their product.
An update- I got a call from the service station and now they say that they will change the brake booster in my car! All the worries for the past 1 month flew away after the call . I will be getting it done this weekend and will post my experience. Thanks for all and especially Bala for the support!
Old 5th December 2010, 11:22   #78
BHPian

Thanks Humyum for starting this thread... Certainly it helped me to get the brakes improved.

Yesterday, I got replacement of brake booster at a cost of Rs 375 which is for brake fluid

The performance of brakes has improved a lot specially at the higher speed

With the new brakes the driving dynamics also improved feel more comfortable in driving on high speed specially on highways
Old 6th December 2010, 12:00   #79
BHPian

Got my brake boosters replaced last week. The new brakes takes time to get used to. It seems to have reduced the braking distance and the car stops immediately. Sometimes I tend to forget the new booster and brake and I am in for a big surprise. Luckily these happened when no vehicle was behind me.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

So how does one go about getting the booster changed? My Dzire vdi is due for 20K servicing, so do I say brakes are weak or what? 18 months of ownership.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
So how does one go about getting the booster changed? My Dzire vdi is due for 20K servicing, so do I say brakes are weak or what? 18 months of ownership.

Well you complain Brakes are weak, especially at 90+ speeds on highways.

You should take the Maruti local reps number from the Dealer and complain to directly to him about weak braking. It would help to mention that you heard about new 11" booster brakes which do good job of braking.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
Well you complain Brakes are weak, especially at 90+ speeds on highways.

You should take the Maruti local reps number from the Dealer and complain to directly to him about weak braking. It would help to mention that you heard about new 11" booster brakes which do good job of braking.
Thanks milind. can i get the tel number of maruti reps from website and complain before i go for service?
Old 7th December 2010, 11:54   #83
Team-BHP Support

You can find the number mentioned at the reception of the M.A.S.S
Old 7th December 2010, 12:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks milind. can i get the tel number of maruti reps from website and complain before i go for service?
I my case I have got my car inspected from M A S S and then they asked me to get the car when Maruti guys were there, M A S S got the car inspected and immediately replaced the booster

One good thing is Maruti is more concerned about customer complaints and more emphasis is given on customer satisfaction.
Old 7th December 2010, 12:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi Goandude,
Let me know how it goes. Frankly I am in two minds about this bcos I don't have an issue with my brakes (maybe I have got used to it now) but if the new ones are better, I would like to try it out.

Others: Is there really a big diff with the new brake booster?

Cheers
f1fan
Old 7th December 2010, 14:46   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Hi F1Fan: There is a big difference with replacement of booster, performance of brakes certainly improved at the higher speed breaking.

So would suggest go for it...

Again this is my point of view and it has certainly given me added confidence in high speed driving
Old 7th December 2010, 16:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Hi Goandude,
Let me know how it goes. Frankly I am in two minds about this bcos I don't have an issue with my brakes (maybe I have got used to it now) but if the new ones are better, I would like to try it out.

Cheers
f1fan
Prashant Sir, After So many replacements and also the fact that mine is working properly now according to my dad, I think in your next service you should go ahead and get it done.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:11   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Hi F1Fan: There is a big difference with replacement of booster, performance of brakes certainly improved at the higher speed breaking.

So would suggest go for it...

Again this is my point of view and it has certainly given me added confidence in high speed driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Prashant Sir, After So many replacements and also the fact that mine is working properly now according to my dad, I think in your next service you should go ahead and get it done.
Thanks guys. Its now time to make some noise and some calls.
Just hope that it doesn't take too long.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

I must have been one of the first dzire owners to complain of poor braking! I had complained way back in June 2008 { dzire was launched in april 2008 and I bought it in May 2008. I complained to Sagar automobiles in Bangalore 3-4 times and the 5th time they changed the brake pads free of cost. But that didnt stop the problem. Anyways, I couldnt do much about it and went about my business. And then I had experienced two instances where I almost met with an accident and once again went to the dealer--Bimal, Bangalore. Now they admitted that there was a problem with diesel swifts, but NEVER mentioned anything about a new booster design. And when they checked my car, they said that I already had the so called new design brakes and there was no need to replace them. But I wasnt convinced, so I went ahead and changed the brake drum and the brake pads{ spent some 7k}.

What do I do now? Infact I was planning to upgrade to TMD brakes that are on offer from RED ROOSTER, but was apprehensive about spending another 7k.

The swift / dzire's biggest problem has been this braking issue also combined with pathetic tyres! The stock JKs are useless. I have done about 37k now and planning to upgrade to Michelin / bridgestone may be when I complete 40k. Any suggestions? I plan to retain R 14 since Im not very particular about spending another 25k on alloys.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:15   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I must have been one of the first dzire owners to complain of poor braking! I had complained way back in June 2008 { dzire was launched in april 2008 and I bought it in May 2008. I complained to Sagar automobiles in Bangalore 3-4 times and the 5th time they changed the brake pads free of cost. But that didnt stop the problem. Anyways, I couldnt do much about it and went about my business. And then I had experienced two instances where I almost met with an accident and once again went to the dealer--Bimal, Bangalore. Now they admitted that there was a problem with diesel swifts, but NEVER mentioned anything about a new booster design. And when they checked my car, they said that I already had the so called new design brakes and there was no need to replace them. But I wasnt convinced, so I went ahead and changed the brake drum and the brake pads{ spent some 7k}.

What do I do now? Infact I was planning to upgrade to TMD brakes that are on offer from RED ROOSTER, but was apprehensive about spending another 7k.

The swift / dzire's biggest problem has been this braking issue also combined with pathetic tyres! The stock JKs are useless. I have done about 37k now and planning to upgrade to Michelin / bridgestone may be when I complete 40k. Any suggestions? I plan to retain R 14 since Im not very particular about spending another 25k on alloys.
Ever since I got my Swift D, I was always unhappy with the brakes, they would be good after a service because of the cleaning and things like that, after which it would get back to being sad in no time.

In every service I have complained of weak brakes, I used to do a lot of highway trips and with 3 people in the car and at high speeds I ve stood on the brakes many times to make the car stop BUT it never locked the wheels which according to me is a sign of brilliant brakes.

With the new booster, inititally the Bite was like a santro's brake either 1 or 0 but now the brakes although that sharp in its bite, does require less of pressure and wheels do lock up on extreme situations.

So according to me, the new booster is the way to go in a Swift Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks