Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 08:45   #151
BANNED

Re: VW Polo - Bad plastics and rubber quality - German just by name??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Another case of cheap plastics in Polo. The air vent flaps in my Polo have broken.
This is pathetic. Even my 800's plastics after 10 are far more superior. And yeah my JET too is rocking.

VW cannot give any excuses. They will have to replace it FOC. But who knows, it might start breaking again!
Old 14th May 2011, 02:24   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Another case of cheap plastics in Polo. The air vent flaps in my Polo have broken. Just adjusting the air flow occasionally caused the flaps to fall one by one. All flaps of two air vents have broken down. Here are the pictures.

I went to the workshop today to get it fixed under warranty. They said that pictures of this will be sent to VW and their reply will be told to me by today evening.
Are you sure you or someone in your family/friend did not plug-in those perfume fragrances on the vents?
What was the verdict of workshop guys?
Old 14th May 2011, 10:37   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Are you sure you or someone in your family/friend did not plug-in those perfume fragrances on the vents?
What was the verdict of workshop guys?
Nope it's only me who uses the car and I don't have ambi-pur or other car perfume that is put on the vents. This is just a case of poor quality plastics and bad fitment.

Well VW has agreed to replace the air vents with new ones. But it's gonna take a week before it comes.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:09   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope it's only me who uses the car and I don't have ambi-pur or other car perfume that is put on the vents. This is just a case of poor quality plastics and bad fitment.
Hmmm, I personally feel that the interior plastics on polo are much better than most of the competition. A few places I feel thay are not up to the mark may be the power window switches and seat height adjustment lever.

From the outside, yes the whitening thing is also persistant on my car too. A pillar ORVM , front bumper blac air dam, pop the hood and the front support cover.

One car that always amazes me with its plastic quality viz a viz price is Santro. I personally feel that they look upmarket for the price of the car and then they are also built to last. OT: you can consider this coming from a critic of Hyundai.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th May 2011 at 11:11.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:18   #155
Senior - BHPian

Tell me something. Did you get that teflon coating done. I think they must have coated the outside plastics too. Have seen it happen to one of my friends safari. Luckily it was his bumper part and they painted it to body colour free of cost.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:31   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Tell me something. Did you get that teflon coating done. I think they must have coated the outside plastics too. Have seen it happen to one of my friends safari. Luckily it was his bumper part and they painted it to body colour free of cost.
Yes, I did. But that was in front of me and the front air dam atleast was not coated, if not the ORVM area. And then the underhood plastic cover on the support assembly also gets white in the same way. So, I think its the plastic.
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:42   #157
BHPian

Guys please help me out! My red polo is two months old and the paint is started to chip off in many areas. I have never experienced such a peel off in any car i owned before! Its like there is no dent but loss of paint with visible primer. So what should i do now can the water based paint be touched up or should i show it to the company? And how can i prevent this from happening again?
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:26   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
Guys please help me out! My red polo is two months old and the paint is started to chip off in many areas. I have never experienced such a peel off in any car i owned before! Its like there is no dent but loss of paint with visible primer. So what should i do now can the water based paint be touched up or should i show it to the company? And how can i prevent this from happening again?
Hi fastraj,

I am facing the same paint chip issue. The only thing I managed to do so far is to get some original Flash Red Polo Paint from the company for touch-up. I can see the white primer beneath every paint chip. I've got more than half a dozen of them ranging from minor upto 2mm. The reason I took the paint from the company is, I am damn sure they will mess up the touch-up job. I will get it done from an expert local painter. Do keep us posted about the issue.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:28   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj
Show it to the company and ask for a complete repaint of the affected parts. Your car is under warranty and its your every right to get it painted free of cost. Post some photos too
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Then you will be repainting the car quite often. The Polo paint is not suited for Indian conditions. It is very soft and the spots are caused mostly by stone chips on road. The best solution is to buy a touch up can and hide the marks. This is fine since the spots are max 2mm dia.
Also I don't think any one can do these kind of touch ups with 100% finish. You can just hide the spot; that is all.

If you have accumulated lot of spots, go for a complete repaint of the panel.But believe me, dealer paint job is nowhere near the factory one in finish and gloss.

Last edited by poloman : 22nd November 2011 at 22:51.
Old 22nd November 2011, 23:39   #161
BHPian

Yeah, the chip off's are exactly 2mm to 3mm. It's really disheartening to find out about the soft paint because the paint quality was one of the reasons to buy the car! Anyways can I get some paint protection done like a polymer or glass coat? I am now really scared to even machine polish the car!
Old 19th August 2014, 00:21   #162
BHPian

I recently had my polo serviced. At the time of submission, I had asked for a quot. of the door beading for all 4 doors (require change within 1 year!). Sometime later, the service centre called with a price of Rs. 2500 per door I was alarmed a little and flatly declined as they seemed horribly overpriced.

A few moments ago I read in another thread of how service agents charge whatever they feel like charging. I wasn't aware of this and wasn't expecting VW to be like this.

Has anyone else got prices for this directly from the service centre that are different from the figure above?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks