Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:26   #2941
BHPian

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Yes I heard they've discontinued it but stocks are available with distributors and retailers.
Got the HX8 oil and went to a shell bunk to get the oil replaced but they refused since I didn't purchase it from their outlet. So got it done at a FNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
If the suspension is fine, try moving the back and base of each seat vigorously. Also check the parcel tray while you're at it. I have the same car and there are squeaks time and again from the rear seats due to broken plastic locks/clips that attach it to the floor.

If the seats are also fine, you might consider getting the brakes checked and cleaned.
Went back to the tire alignment guys and they showed me what the issue was. Went into the alignment pit with the car over head. They parked the car in gear without the hand brake on and two guys rocked the car from either side. The loud creaking sound was emanating from the rear axle mounts/ bushes. Turns out the MASS guy was right.

Any idea if a replacement bush kit for the rear axle is available and how much it will cost to fix this? MASS guy quoted 12k for the entire rear axle, and said they don't change bushes separately.
Old 3rd April 2023, 20:52   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Got the HX8 oil and went to a shell bunk to get the oil replaced but they refused since I didn't purchase it from their outlet. So got it done at a FNG.
Drove about 35km after the oil change. The engine does seem more eager and the clutch has a sharper bite to it now. This might sound like an exaggeration but I unintentionally wheel spun from a green light and it caught me unaware with its response in 2nd gear

Must just be my mind playing tricks on me. That or maybe it's because the air filter has been replaced and the motor breathes better now. Gear engagement is smooth maybe a tad slicker.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 11:57   #2943

Dear esteemed fellow bhpians,

I own a 2011 diesel swift type 2. She has done 1.7 lakh kilometres as of now. Recently a small electrical issue seemed to pop up. One of the tail light brake halogens gets burned out frequently. There is no specific side. I have changed the bulbs 3 times myself. Got the bulbs from MASS.

Now the high beam indicator on the dash is always ON. Even when the car is turned off. Attaching an image of the same.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-633a98d80f264fc18eb251dd7ffa585e.jpeg  

Old 1st December 2023, 19:27   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSamurai View Post

Now the high beam indicator on the dash is always ON. Even when the car is turned off. Attaching an image of the same.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening.
You might want to get your headlight wiring checked as I think your high beams must have fused. It can also be a short in your instrument cluster wiring as seen in the video below

PS: I have replied to your query on r/CarsIndia as well as I’m assuming that’s you as well due to the same username.
Old 8th December 2023, 20:20   #2945

Gen 2 Suzuki Swift problems and solutions thread! (2011-2017 )

Hello everyone, I'm starting this thread to keep a list of problems that can be faced by owners of Maruti Swift models from 2011 to 2017 model year so that it may be helpful for anyone who has the same car.
I'll update this list with more solutions as I get more replies.

Issue #1 - Car has slightly excess vibration at idle, engine tends to shut off on medium slope with 2 to 4 passengers and moderate load in 1st gear while moving from a stand still.
Solution/Possible suspects - Check Throttle Body,Throttle Body Sensor ( the culprit in my case), Accelerator pedal or ECU and replace accordingly.

Issue #2 - Rattling sound on cold start in early mornings for 2 to 3 minutes ( somewhat loud) and reoccurs when car is parked in neutral with engine running for more than 5 minutes.

Solutions / Possible culprits - Check timing chain ( the culprit in my case) , all pulleys and belts ( once happened due to water spill on water pump belt as well) .
More issues and solutions will be added from replies and personal experience every week
Saucyboii2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 20:50   #2946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gen 2 Suzuki Swift problems and solutions thread! (2011-2017 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucyboii2007 View Post
Issue #1 - Car has slightly excess vibration at idle, engine tends to shut off on medium slope with 2 to 4 passengers and moderate load in 1st gear while moving from a stand still.
Solution/Possible suspects - Check Throttle Body,Throttle Body Sensor ( the culprit in my case), Accelerator pedal or ECU and replace accordingly.
Hi, I am also facing a similar issue in my Swift. There is a slight RPM fluctuation at idle and in 1.5-2k range (petrol car), the engine doesn't shut down though. Can you tell me how you diagnosed the faulty throttle position sensor? Please share the cost of replacement as well.
Old 7th April 2024, 20:33   #2947
BHPian

Maruti Swift completes 40,000 km in 7 years

Our family's Swift(Petrol) completed 40,000 km this week and coincidently it also completed 7 years couple of days ago.

After having an unpleasant buying experience with Maruti in 2017, our car became one of the most important member of our family as it was the first car for us.

On the 2nd day of delivery, I had to take my car to SBI as I had taken car loan and my father was not comfortable to let me drive in Pune's traffic as I had just learnt driving and that too from driving school, people know how driving school teaches us to drive plus the Pune traffic which was going to create trouble for me. I still convinced him and took our swift to the SBI branch near swargate and came back home without any scratches. When we reached home, my father told my mother that our son drives really well; that day he realized I can handle Pune traffic.
But destiny had something else written for our car as on one of the Monday's my friends and I visited Theur Ganpati temple and came back to Magarpatta city and while parking the car in office parking, I scratched it by trying to park straight next to Pillar. I regretted my decision but the damage was done. New car, first car of the family and entire left side was scratched and the rear left door got bent. Unfortunately we had team dinner that day and everyone wanted to go in my car and I had to inform them that the car cant go as it is in bad condition. I skipped dinner and took the car to Maruti showroom, claimed insurance and got it fixed. They took one week to return the car but the car came in perfect condition. The rear door was replaced and the front door scratches were removed.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-rearscratch.jpeg
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-rearscratch1.jpeg

After 5 years, on a very important day, the car keys did not work and I had my spare key at my other home. I could not do anything as it was 6 am in the morning and I had to urgently go somewhere and had to take my Apache and ride for 150 kms to reach the destination. After 15 days, came back home, opened the key, cleaned it, it had some oil and grease inside, the key started working again. On the funnier side, I think it had to make me ride a bike for 150 kms on a winter morning and that's why car keys didn't work.

After almost 6 years, another incident happened where I took a left turn and a bike came from behind and hit my car. Rider was not injured and it was my mistake as I could not see him in the rear view mirror properly. It scratched my car's left back door but no one got injured and I was thankful to God for that.

I have experienced just 2 major issues and one minor key issue in last 7 years that too because of my driving faults, otherwise the Swift is running perfectly fine.

If I have to list down pros for my swift then I would say:
1. The car is very easy to drive, even though I had never driven a car earlier, it was very easy for me to get used to swift and I could easily maneuver it in city traffic. It passes through tight spaces easily.
2. Maruti engine is very good and has never given me any issues until now.
3. Hassle-free ownership
4. Good dealer network, have tried servicing with multiple ASC in Pune.
5. Good fuel economy

Cons:
1. Build quality - AC knob broke few days ago, plastic quality is bad.
2. On highways, I have felt too much cabin noise.
3. Boot space is very poor.
4. 5 adults cannot sit in the car for long distance and it is meant for 4 adults max. according to me.
5. Car packed with luggage and 5 people has sometimes made me feel that power is lacking on highways - I felt this rarely but it did happen.

Notable Points:
1. I am still getting a mileage of around 17kmpl - 80% city and 20% highway run with AC always on.

2. I did all my servicing's with Maruti ASC until the car was in warranty and then started going to a nearby car care garage. There is surely a big price difference between Maruti ASC and the garage cost so I have decided to continue with the garage as I also know the owner there.
Swift during one of the servicing
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swiftservicing.jpeg

3. I am not a fan of modifications so I have not done any on my swift. I just have door edge guards and door seal guards installed.

4. I have Sony infotainment system installed and it does the job well, I am not a big fan of loud music and it mostly plays 90's songs by Kumar Sanu or
Sonu Nigam.

5. Head lights are stock head lights and they do not provide adequate lighting on highways but I am still considering the replacement options. Any suggestions would be welcome.

6. MRF tyres are good but I think they are one of the reasons there is too much cabin noise and I anyway need to change those in next 5k kms as
they might worn out by then.

Swift has given us countless memories. Be it a trip to our hometown or nearby places like Mahabaleshwar, Lavasa, Kolhapur or a road trip with friends to Statue of Unity it has seen everything and has also helped us during multiple emergency situations.

At our Pune apartment:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swiftside.jpeg

At our hometown:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swiftchill.jpeg

It has become an inseparable part of our family. I wish to keep my swift for some more years.
Draunzer21 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks