Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 22:08   #1216
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Finally..it ends. The excruciating wait. It ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20130707_162727.jpg  

rohit0103 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 22:22   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Finally..it ends. The excruciating wait. It ends.
Congratulations Rohit on getting your Ertiga. Is it a ZXi? How much you had to wait for its delivery? Also what is the price break-up? Hope you would start your separate ownership thread soon. Please do post a link of that over here.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:23   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Rohit on getting your Ertiga. Is it a ZXi? How much you had to wait for its delivery? Also what is the price break-up? Hope you would start your separate ownership thread soon. Please do post a link of that over here.
Yes. It is ZXI. My history of acquiring Ertiga, is what urban legends are made of. In brief, booked ZDi in June 2012, given 6 months wait. In Dec 2012, cancelled Zdi even after making down payment. Gave the option to book Zxi to dealer with Apr 2013 delivery. Dealer could not keep commitment, no history of ever placing the ZXi order. Cancelled and the dealer refunded.
In May 2013, booked ZXi with dealer 2 with June -end delivery date. On 25th June, dealer 2 regretted that he also cannot deliver. Refunded after escalation.

Contacted 3rd dealer, he confirmed that the exact variant, color is in his stockyard. Talk about coincidence..!!

Went and checked the vehicle in stockyard-(June 2013 manufacture date). Confirmed and completed formalities to get it deliver today.
rohit0103 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 06:56   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It is ZXI. My history of acquiring Ertiga, is what urban legends are made of. In brief, booked ZDi in June 2012, given 6 months wait. In Dec 2012, cancelled Zdi even after making down payment. Gave the option to book Zxi to dealer with Apr 2013 delivery. Dealer could not keep commitment, no history of ever placing the ZXi order. Cancelled and the dealer refunded.
In May 2013, booked ZXi with dealer 2 with June -end delivery date. On 25th June, dealer 2 regretted that he also cannot deliver. Refunded after escalation.

Contacted 3rd dealer, he confirmed that the exact variant, color is in his stockyard. Talk about coincidence..!!

Went and checked the vehicle in stockyard-(June 2013 manufacture date). Confirmed and completed formalities to get it deliver today.
Congratulations !! Have a safe drive. Color looks awesome in rain. I am confused between grey and dusky brown currently.
What a turnaround for Maruti. Same car that was going with 6 months waiting last year is available ready now. I am also trying to squeeze some deal right now but from what i hear from the dealer they seem to be having all the colors readily available in the stock. Clearly shows its not selling as much as they expected
Old 8th July 2013, 07:52   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Congratulations !! Have a safe drive. Color looks awesome in rain. I am confused between grey and dusky brown currently.
What a turnaround for Maruti. Same car that was going with 6 months waiting last year is available ready now. I am also trying to squeeze some deal right now but from what i hear from the dealer they seem to be having all the colors readily available in the stock. Clearly shows its not selling as much as they expected
Thanks. Brown and Gray are both awesome color-with brown being rare of the 2. Somehow, Gray was my color since Day 1. If you check the offers, Maruti is offering 10K worth accesories plus 4th year warranty, if you take 3rd year. More than what I got-8K of accessories only. Last week of month, the dealers are desperate. But, somehow, it seems no dealer is offering anything on their own-everything is only what MSIL offers to all dealers.
Old 8th July 2013, 08:51   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Brown and Gray are both awesome color-with brown being rare of the 2. Somehow, Gray was my color since Day 1. If you check the offers, Maruti is offering 10K worth accesories plus 4th year warranty, if you take 3rd year. More than what I got-8K of accessories only. Last week of month, the dealers are desperate. But, somehow, it seems no dealer is offering anything on their own-everything is only what MSIL offers to all dealers.
Yes, Brown is so rare that i am yet to spot one in Bangalore(or anywhere i have traveled) Which is why i am wondering if i will get some old stock

I think offers are state specific. Since bangalore has pretty steep road tax, we are being offered 20K cash and 3K corporate offer. another 3K accessories i guess. But last week of june, the offer was 25K +3K.

As you mentioned, Last week matters a lot i guess. I was down with cold and also wanted to wait for Ecosport test drive. And now sales man is saying that offer is more like a last week offer to push sales.

Do share details about accessories you plan to add for this beauty
Old 8th July 2013, 09:07   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer could not keep commitment, no history of ever placing the ZXi order. Cancelled and the dealer refunded.
On 25th June, dealer 2 regretted that he also cannot deliver. Refunded after escalation.

Lucky you. If you don't mind could you please share the names of these 3 dealers. Also converting from a ZDi to ZXi, was the long waiting period for the ZDi the only factor? Are you going to use the ZXi only for weekends or is it going to be your daily commute vehicle? For me too the ZXi seems to be very lucrative, however a daily running of 64 kms is preventing me to take the plunge. Wish MSIL can come up with a CNGed ZXi.

Quote:
Thanks. Brown and Gray are both awesome color-with brown being rare of the 2.
The Ertiga in dusky brown looks so gorgeous, have seen it once. I believe yours is a Granite Grey & that too looks fabulous, especially in the rain soaked environment.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:00   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Question to people who have bought the Ertiga. What is the VIN date on your vehicle as compared to the month you purchased it ?

Its july now and looks like ertiga is available in stock. my dealer is saying mostly car will be march or april make. What will be the typical gap after VIN is printed on the car and it reaches dealerships. 3-4 month gap ?
Old 8th July 2013, 11:54   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Brown is so rare that i am yet to spot one in Bangalore(or anywhere i have traveled) Which is why i am wondering if i will get some old stock

Do share details about accessories you plan to add for this beauty
June being Quarter ending, they were under pressure to show sales. But even now, the offers are good.
Accessories- already installed RPAS with camera. Rs 7300.
Getting Beige and Black MGA Seat cover and the Rear Spoiler from MGA.

I am Ok with the Music system have provided. I am just looking to install at 9" Roof mounted LCD panel which is capable of playing movies and connect to existing music system.
Have bought a few minor accessories off market from net.
Installing Chrome taillight cover. How about Chrome door handles ? will they look good along with Chrome lined side beadings and chrome lined bumper protector ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Lucky you. If you don't mind could you please share the names of these 3 dealers. Also converting from a ZDi to ZXi, was the long waiting period for the ZDi the only factor? Are you going to use the ZXi only for weekends or is it going to be your daily commute vehicle? For me too the ZXi seems to be very lucrative, however a daily running of 64 kms is preventing me to take the plunge. Wish MSIL can come up with a CNGed ZXi.
SumanKirti and Mahalaxmi bailed out. Got it from Chowgule's.
ZDi, I waited 6months and did the PDI of Brown ZDi in Dec 2012, even did down payment of balance on Non-Loan amount before cancelling before delivery coz Govt freed up the diesel prices.
I will be using it for daily commute, its less than 25kms/day.
I believe you can upgrade to ZXi from Vxi-CNG, need to spend a bit more to have deployed whatever are the differences between the 2 variants.

Quote:
Question to people who have bought the Ertiga. What is the VIN date on your vehicle as compared to the month you purchased it ?
Mine is FD which is June 13.

Last edited by rohit0103 : 8th July 2013 at 11:56.
rohit0103 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 12:03   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mine is FD which is June 13.
Wow, so you got a June manufactured car in july.

So going by that logic, March april means unsold cars being pushed in July. Is this natural ? or do i need to be extra careful ?
Old 8th July 2013, 13:06   #1226
BHPian

My invoicing is of 28th June so I got June manufactured in June.
Mar-Apr may definitely mean unsold stock..but given the today's scenario of sluggish sales, it is expected. What this Salesperson told me is that most dealers order first, then try to sell it. If you dont have any concerns & vehicle is in good condition, may be u can squeeze the dealer a bit on this aspect.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:02   #1227
BHPian

"Thanks but I dont know what is the catch here. Another user Rajain also has similar tuning kit and is pretty satisfied with the performance.

But common sense says we get something at the expense of something else.

Does reduced turbo lag mean turbo charger is forced to kick in much earlier ? or it has something to do with generating more torque at lower RPM which will make one feel reduced lag.

Also what beats me is increased mileage too. Its like More power, More torque, and more FE ? Sorry but i dont believe in magic "
Here's my understanding of the magic ( I could be wrong):

The turbo gets engaged at an earlier rpm since I can feel the difference right from 1500 rpm. At around 1800 rpm, there is a marked surge and at 2000 rpm, the full kick in of the turbo can be felt.

Since maybe the turbo size/design is such that it is fully spooled (is that the right word) and the kick can be felt only at 2000 rpm, engaging it early would mean that you don't get the complete thrust it was designed for.

Inside the city now, unless I want to have fun, Im able to upshift just before 2000 rpm.

I'm able to cruise in a higher gear at a lower rpm since the engine doesn't feel strained.

Had been near Halebid on Sunday (July 7th). Did around 450 kms.
Did the entire trip in P2 mode. From Nelamangala junction to Bellur Cross (approx. 75kms) tried to maintain 120kmph throughout. Some places (like Kunigal bypass), touched 140kmph for short stretches and at one place touched 160kmph.

Average shown in the MID for about 75kms of city driving + this trip of 450 kms was 20.6 kms per litre.

Right now in city the average is hovering around 20kms per litre in P1 mode.

The mileage would have generally also have increased since I added the tuning box when the car had done around 1500kms and now its done around 2200kms (Mileage of a car is supposed to increase till around 2000 kms and stabilise after that).

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:10   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Right now in city the average is hovering around 20kms per litre in P1 mode.

The mileage would have generally also have increased since I added the tuning box when the car had done around 1500kms and now its done around 2200kms (Mileage of a car is supposed to increase till around 2000 kms and stabilise after that).

Regards
Ravi.
Interesting. Anyways as long as you are happy with it, Enjoy it.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:13   #1229
BHPian

Can Ertiga Diesel owners share their actual mileage that they are getting and the service costs that they have incurred...?

Am in the process of buying a car and yet to decide.

Primary concern here is Mileage and Maintenance costs as my running is in the range of 4 - 5 K kms per month (90% highways).

I have been getting figures from 15kmpl to 23kmpl and am confused.

Also, service costs have been quoted as 4 to 5K Rs. for every 10,000 kms and 8 to 9K Rs. for every 20K service.

Actual users would be able to provide realistic figures and hence posting here.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:59   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Can Ertiga Diesel owners share their actual mileage that they are getting and the service costs that they have incurred...?

Am in the process of buying a car and yet to decide.

Primary concern here is Mileage and Maintenance costs as my running is in the range of 4 - 5 K kms per month (90% highways).
I am also a wannabe owner like you and i tried to gather similar stats but trust me the mileage varies in different cities and from person to person. but you seem to be driving mostly on highways which is good for extracting decent power out of Ertiga.

Also other factors are the vehicle load. Are you going to drive alone or 1-2 people or 6-7 people or with alot of luggage. These will also impact FE.

So from my study, Ertiga can fetch 13-15kmpl in city conditions and 16-19kmpl on highways. If you compare this against any other people mover UV, this is excellent number. But if you compare it against a sedan in same budget, it does not look great

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks