Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 18:36   #106
BHPian

re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Hey Luke

Did the Top end model come with a Rear Parking sensor's or does it still have the Camera?
Old 12th May 2012, 19:30   #107
BHPian

Excellent Review ! I sincerely hope that the Auto Transmission and HK sound system are added to give this beast a clear edge over its competition.
Old 12th May 2012, 20:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
2.Pricing?
Ans: No clear picture yet, but between the current Safari and the Aria
the pricing is a major disappointment. since the Aria starts at around the level where the current safari tops out ( ~ 12 lakhs ), would this be a case of the STORME being expensive than the current Safari variant to variant ?

what a lost opportunity if they do this ? they could have just retained the lower variants of the present Safari with a price reduction and launched the STORME at the current prices. Could have grabbed a big share from the Scorpio

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2012 at 14:29. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 12th May 2012, 20:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the Top end model come with a Rear Parking sensor's or does it still have the Camera?
Camera is removed in all variants, the proximity sensor is the replacement.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 22:22   #110
Senior - BHPian

Was hearing that they were contemplating putting MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential) in the storme/merlin as against the LSD (Limited Slip Differential). Any news on that?
Old 12th May 2012, 23:59   #111
BHPian

Wow Wow and Wow, test drive of the Storme before launch with comparative rides. You are one lucky man and thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful experience in such detail.

So @LukeSkyWalker,
Coming to the review, I personally feel its gonna be real tough for TML to do a XUV with the Storme. I mean only a true Safari lover would be the first to take a look on the Storme, the common buyer might just get carried away by the butchy looks of the XUV. What is your take on that?

Storme does get Aria'ish upgrades, but don't you think the chrome is a bit overdone. How does it feel in real life?

How much do you feel the jump in seats at the back will be a let down in comparison to the not so roomy third bench of the XUV?

And also which one do you feel would have an edge in the 4X4 avatar. You being a Safari owner might be able to put some light on these.

Nonetheless, thanks again for the wonderful review.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 02:18   #112
BHPian

I agree the chrome is a bit over done on the safari storm. Specially the front looks weird and i actually prefer the dicor's front in comparison to this. It looks like some chinese version of the safari dicor :P
Old 13th May 2012, 11:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Tatas better get their act together - as most of us have posted earlier
1. 2-din touchscreen is a must
2. Add GPS to the 2-din system - its WOW.
3. Personally, for me, spare wheel on the back was adding to the personality of the vehicle. Plain back does not gel well to the overall styling.
4. Front was again better in old Safari - but I guess not too bad, and would grow on most of us.
Tata doesn't have to look outside its parts bin for this. Humble Vista, Manza and Fiat Punto, Linea all have a integrated audio unit with blue 5. a premium version of this will be enough. and if Tata doesn't wan't to invest so much atleast a place holder for a 2 din unit should be provided from day 1.
Old 13th May 2012, 12:04   #114
BHPian

Whatever XUV has achieved, Safari still demand a strong fan following. Unlike Aria which was a new launch, Safari wont get drowned.
Old 13th May 2012, 18:14   #115
BHPian

Great review with good detailing. Much needed facelift from the present Safari (front grill) looks good. The chrome strip is similar to the Range Rover. I personally liked the rear without the spare wheel. Just need to watch the price positioning. However there is no coming close to the XUV 500.
Old 13th May 2012, 19:59   #116
BHPian

Excellent review Hari.

That you were invited for a Pre-Launch feedback is the testimony that the company is trying to perfect itself and wants to really do a good job.

Storme looks neat with those straight lines and very masculine. XUV does look more modern, but fragile.

However, Tata will only be able to get sales numbers ticking if they have a model starting at the mid-scorpio variant going up to say 11L. Only if wishes were horses.

Good job Hari
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 23:43   #117

wow! I was with the same group & Never knew i was with the team bhp guys from banglore.
we did say hello on the Tata Motors test track after the feed back session!
Old 14th May 2012, 09:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wow! I was with the same group & Never knew i was with the team bhp guys from banglore.
we did say hello on the Tata Motors test track after the feed back session!
That's a surprise GR8guy, I was sincerely hoping there would be other Tbhp members in the small group. I was the only Tbhp member from Bangalore. Are you the guy with the TL?
Old 14th May 2012, 09:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Tata should have worked on a competitor for the Ecosport/Duster range. Something under 10 L tops with 5 seats, smaller sized but fitted with all the amenities a city dweller would require. 4WD could be optional for those who really need it.
I think something like a relaunch of the Tata Seirra 4X4 with a dicor engine, better interiors and a slightly modernized exterior should kill the likes of the EcoSport or Duster. Tata are you listening?
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 10:02   #120
BHPian

I dont think tata will be doing anything like that. Their main focus is now on mid-range as they want to increase their brand value. I think the pricing of the dicor will be reduced as Storme comes in making dicor compete with ecosport and the likes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks