Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 17:02   #61
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Abhinav I already sent an email to HM about this and they have promised to look into it. They were properly apologetic and all that however I got it replaced under the b2b insurance that I had going. If it occurs again I am going to get really worried. This might have crept in along with the localization effort.
I wrote to them along with all the other problems i had because of the old dealer's neglect. they have a new dealer now in indore who has been very helpful in sorting out all the troubles. i am pleasantly surprised with how fast mitsubishi responded to my complaint. I also mentioned about your car's windshield to the company representative who assured me it will be looked into at the earliest.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 19:40   #62
BHPian

@daebis I hope your love for your ride has quadrupled since the time you bought it. I have been in the market to buy an SUV just for the go anywhere capability. I see you have had a lot of experience owning SUVs, and this is the first time that I plan to own one. My need is to drive on highways, I do a lot of road trips, mountains, off road etc. City driving on a daily basis. Which in your opinion should be the best all round SUV Have test driven both PS and t-fort can't really decide which one to go for. The only doubt I have is mitsubishi after sales service, the availability of parts and maintenance over a period of 10 years. Could you tell us how are things with your PAJ and also some new pics with your audio install?

@abhinavsurekha How much does the windscreen cost anyway? And how is your pajero sport treating you.

Guys I am planning to finalise by the 20th. So if don't mind being prompt.

Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 16:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post

@abhinavsurekha How much does the windscreen cost anyway? And how is your pajero sport treating you.

Guys I am planning to finalise by the 20th. So if don't mind being prompt.

Thanks
I've had the Pajero sport for a year. driven 24k on highways, city, mountains, through streams, mud and sand. tackles any terrain.
Its a very good off roader and very stable and comfy on the highway. In the city the only problem i find is the hard clutch which i believe they have improved now.
I had a terrible experience with the after sales. they took 10 days to replace the windshield and a month to replace the side mirror. that was with the old dealer here in indore. now they have a new dealer here. and the free check up they did was very satisfactory. an email telling them about all my problems was handled very well last week. They seem to be trying really hard to improve their service right now.
But it still doesnt come anywhere close to toyota service since i also own an innova.

windshield costs a whopping 44000 plus tax and labor
side mirror was more than 23000
rates have apparently increased now due to the exchange rate. take a zero-dep insurance.

compared to the t-fort i find the sport a much better machine and I have completely fallen in love with it. I would recommend the Pajero Sport. Lovely car.
abhinavsureka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 11:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post

I had a terrible experience with the after sales. they took 10 days to replace the windshield and a month to replace the side mirror. that was with the old dealer here in indore. now they have a new dealer here. and the free check up they did was very satisfactory. an email telling them about all my problems was handled very well last week. They seem to be trying really hard to improve their service right now.
But it still doesnt come anywhere close to toyota service since i also own an innova.

windshield costs a whopping 44000 plus tax and labor
side mirror was more than 23000
rates have apparently increased now due to the exchange rate. take a zero-dep insurance.

compared to the t-fort i find the sport a much better machine and I have completely fallen in love with it. I would recommend the Pajero Sport. Lovely car.
Thanks for your detailed response. I drove both the fortuner and pajero 3-4 times now. Both cars are good. The major difference i found was pajero lacks initial bite while the fortuner has very linear power delivery. The brakes are comparable now, pajero is still better. Lane changing manners i think goes to the fortuner. Pajero is definately smoother on bad roads

To be very honest most of the time the car will be driven 50% cities, 30% highways and 20% off road, this will change over time if i get one of these brutes.

I have a skoda superb, which does not have good aftersales, i bought this car going with my heart even after knowing its history on team bhp. Here the case is the same, heart = pajero and minds says fortuner. Which would u suggest, considering the fact that i would have the car for over 5 years?
13thpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 18:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your detailed response. I drove both the fortuner and pajero 3-4 times now. Both cars are good. The major difference i found was pajero lacks initial bite while the fortuner has very linear power delivery. The brakes are comparable now, pajero is still better. Lane changing manners i think goes to the fortuner. Pajero is definately smoother on bad roads

To be very honest most of the time the car will be driven 50% cities, 30% highways and 20% off road, this will change over time if i get one of these brutes.

I have a skoda superb, which does not have good aftersales, i bought this car going with my heart even after knowing its history on team bhp. Here the case is the same, heart = pajero and minds says fortuner. Which would u suggest, considering the fact that i would have the car for over 5 years?
I also TD'd both several times now and agree completely with your experience on the handling. in slow speeds the Fortuner seems easier to handle and has the zip vis a vis the lag which forces a gear shift in the pajero. Also i did not find the brakes to be as bad as some posts seem to suggest although comparably the braking in the pajero seems smoother and more settled.
The +ve s of the Pajero are in the view from the driver seat and the ride quality which to me was significant. Somehow I also found the doors/sides of the pajero to be more solid.
sh@rpshooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 22:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh@rpshooter View Post

I also TD'd both several times now and agree completely with your experience on the handling. in slow speeds the Fortuner seems easier to handle and has the zip vis a vis the lag which forces a gear shift in the pajero. Also i did not find the brakes to be as bad as some posts seem to suggest although comparably the braking in the pajero seems smoother and more settled.
The +ve s of the Pajero are in the view from the driver seat and the ride quality which to me was significant. Somehow I also found the doors/sides of the pajero to be more solid.
Good that we are on the same page. I didnt have a chance to drive both cars close to 100 kmph. If you did what do you have to say about the handling at those speeds and the acceleration?
Completely agree with you on the door, my father actually pointed that out before the TD.
I am supposed to buy the car in Calcutta, so i went to the workshop of Shah Automobile (Mitsubishi) to have a look and arranged a meeting with Mr. Rajiv Shah. He was very helpful in giving me a few pointers on the cars.

He was even kind enough to show me their stock room. He said he has got parts for at least 4 cars at all times, in terms of headlights, tail lights, side mirrors and windscreen. He said they dont have bumpers, which normally takes 6 days to order but they try to repair it if they can.

He told me that nothing in general has gone wrong with the Paj Sport and its a bullet proof vehicle. One thing he said was the brake pads wear out soon, 10-15k kms,which will set you back by around 13k for a set of 4. The rotors are refurbished until you need to replace them. It will cost you around 9k per piece.

Overall not a mind blowing workshop as topsel toyota(You should really have a look at it, your jaws will drop!) but it should do i guess.
Front windscreen does chip and break guys, be warned! I wonder if there is something to protect the front windscreen from chipping.
Is it true the clutch and steering is hard? I didnt find it so during my short drives. Owners can guide us better on this one.
I am 70% convinced to go for the Paj more so cos t-fort is only available in silver.

I hope this answers many questions for you fellow bhpians.

Happy driving!
Old 26th January 2014, 20:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Good that we are on the same page. I didnt have a chance to drive both cars close to 100 kmph. If you did what do you have to say about the handling at those speeds and the acceleration?
I don't remember the exact speed but did really let go for a short stretch and cannot really choose one over the other. (On a 4x4 fortuner)
In terms of comfort during the ride it would be the PAjero though. Also the braking being more assured.

Quote:
Is it true the clutch and steering is hard? I didnt find it so during my short drives. Owners can guide us better on this one.

!
No I don't find it hard..at lest in comparison to the Scorpio I drive. The fortuner clutch might be easier but the gear shift is more comfortable on the paj

The steering is slightly harder on the pajero under around 40.. But when I drove it fast it had all the nimbleness I expected. For city driving the fortuner is better but for long trips it has to be the paj.

I did read up that the pajero sides are specially designed to manage Any impact shock and that explains the solidity the fortuner while bigger was less solid. ( but not the honda kind of hollow sound)
Old 27th January 2014, 10:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
windshield costs a whopping 44000 plus tax and labor side mirror was more than 23000 rates have apparently increased now due to the exchange rate. take a zero-dep insurance.
[quote=13thpsycho;3353945

He told me that nothing in general has gone wrong with the Paj Sport and its a bullet proof vehicle. One thing he said was the brake pads wear out soon, 10-15k kms,which will set you back by around 13k for a set of 4. The rotors are refurbished until you need to replace them. It will cost you around 9k per piece.[/quote]

Both are very good vehicles with pros and cons. I am a Fortuner owner, but if Mitsubishi had the same network and commitment towards India that Toyota has, I might have gone for a Pajero.

A few comments:
1. Resale value would be higher for the Toyota after 5 years
2. Surprised about the brake pad. In the Fortuner, one lasts for 35000+ km.
3. The Fortuner side mirror costs 18K. I had to replace one when an idiot banged into it. Seems spare parts costs might be lesser for the Fortuner.
4. If one offroads then it is imperative that the local ASC knows about the 4WD system. Too many service centres have zero clue about maintenance, repairs or even preventive paintenance. Even in Toyota ASCs.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 12:51   #69
BHPian

On the highway Pajero Sport is very stable. max i have done yet is about 140. In the city it does feel a little heavy to drive because of the hard clutch and the frequent gearchanges required are also bugging at times. The doors are certainly more solid and give you a safe feeling. One other thing i noticed on the fortuner is the last row which is too cramped and makes you feel claustrophobic.

Maintenance will be cheaper on the T-fort than the Paj but its a price worth paying. Also, the T-fort is a full time 4WD and that apparently consumes more fuel (pls correct me if im wrong).

Most of the driving done in the Pajero sport has been on highways. The pathetic road sense in our country has made me do some quick preventive manouvres and the paj handled them really well.

Heart says Pajero sport but if you do mainly city driving the fortuner might seem a more practical option
abhinavsureka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 14:08   #70
BHPian

Quote:
On the highway Pajero Sport is very stable. max i have done yet is about 140. In the city it does feel a little heavy to drive because of the hard clutch and the frequent gearchanges required are also bugging at times. The doors are certainly more solid and give you a safe feeling. One other thing i noticed on the fortuner is the last row which is too cramped and makes you feel claustrophobic. Maintenance will be cheaper on the T-fort than the Paj but its a price worth paying. Also, the T-fort is a full time 4WD and that apparently consumes more fuel (pls correct me if im wrong). Most of the driving done in the Pajero sport has been on highways. The pathetic road sense in our country has made me do some quick preventive manouvres and the paj handled them really well. Heart says Pajero sport but if you do mainly city driving the fortuner might seem a more practical option
You are right that about full time 4wd. On TD cars I noticed that Fortuner had 8.5km/l while the pajero had 9.7 km/l.

Just a question do you think manoeuvring Pajero at around 140 gave you a sense of confidence?

I guess if we decide to drive economically in the city, it might not feel very tiresome in terms of gear changes and braking. Emotions are had to control though 😂 below 70 cars these days just don't seem to move.
The deal I am getting right now is the fortuner is for 26.xx only in silver which I don't like so much
Pajero is for 25l flat all colors available. Do you think fortuner is worth spending that extra lakh? I plan to get an ICE upgrade asap and maybe 20" rims. Expected expense of around 2 lakhs.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:24   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
.... The Fortuner side mirror costs 18K. I had to replace one when an idiot banged into it. Seems spare parts costs might be lesser for the Fortuner...
Isn't the mirror same as an Innova? Am surprised at the cost!
Old 27th January 2014, 15:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right that about full time 4wd. On TD cars I noticed that Fortuner had 8.5km/l while the pajero had 9.7 km/l.
A Fortuner gives much more. Read through any of the long term ownership reports, you will get an idea. The minimum I have got is 10kmpl with 100% city driving. I drive the 4WD Classic Fortuner. Check with Pajero Sport owners w.r.t. fuel efficiency - perhaps on Facebook etc, since there are very few owners here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Isn't the mirror same as an Innova? Am surprised at the cost!
That was the total cost after adding labour and taxes. Still a bloody robbery, if you ask me. Not sure about Innova mirrors.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 03:03   #73
BHPian

Yes it is true that the pajero lacks initial grunt and after coming from the cedia which i have been driving for the last 7 years it took some getting used to. Having said that it's a total beast on the highway. I have hit silly speeds and felt totally in control which I frankly was not expecting on a vehicle this big and riding this high. Have purchased the race chip which I will fit soon. Fingers crossed that it solves the lag in low rpms. Will update the post once i am done with the install.
motorotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 12:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Just a question do you think manoeuvring Pajero at around 140 gave you a sense of confidence?

I guess if we decide to drive economically in the city, it might not feel very tiresome in terms of gear changes and braking. Emotions are had to control though 😂 below 70 cars these days just don't seem to move.
The deal I am getting right now is the fortuner is for 26.xx only in silver which I don't like so much
Pajero is for 25l flat all colors available. Do you think fortuner is worth spending that extra lakh? I plan to get an ICE upgrade asap and maybe 20" rims. Expected expense of around 2 lakhs.
Its a very stable car and has never felt out of control. when in 4H the road grip is phenomenal. but there is a little body roll in any case.
I would recommend saving that 1 lakh for the more expensive maintenance on the pajero sport. a much more exciting machine.

The ICE on the anniversary edition is decent, you can upgrade the speakers and get a sub. I would not recommend getting 20" rims. it will ruin the ride quality and spoil the overall driving experience. the current wheels are perfect. i've got the storm grey colour and i plan to get the wheels painted matte black or dark grey
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 15:16   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
.. Have purchased the race chip which I will fit soon. Fingers crossed that it solves the lag in low rpms. Will update the post once i am done with the install.
Looking forward to this
BTW another point I missed about the PS is its low turning radius for a 4x4. At 5.6m, the difference is felt when taking a u turn in certain roads in bangalore !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks