Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 12:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorotor View Post
Also another upgrade that I did was to replace the stock MID/Head Unit with the touch screen one that comes on the montero in other markets.
Looks neat. Can you please share details of the shop, cost, make, etc. Did you disconnect the OEM single DIN music system?
Old 7th February 2015, 12:05   #107
BHPian

Hi everybody sorry about the delay. Its been a rather incident filled couple of months overall. On the bright side every time I get behind the wheel of the Pajero and look over the steering and across the windscreen...life appears to be not so bad. Makes me smile.

I am attaching the OE replacement system brochure. It's a clarion and it uses the MID sensor from the original system.

PM me if you want the dealers # & price.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual Pajero Sport.pdf (2.83 MB, 6353 views)
Old 17th February 2015, 02:20   #108
BHPian

cannot send you pm, can u tell me the dealers number and price?
Old 9th May 2015, 02:35   #109
BHPian

Hi Everyone. Sorry for the delay. Find below the contact details of the OE system provider. I had the option of fitting this right at the MITSU dealer in Kochi (Menon's Motors).

Media Team Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd. 33/1682A | Challikkavattom Kumbalapilly Road Vennala P.O.
Cochin – 682028 | Tel: 0484-6458683 | Mobile: +919446523329 | Web: www.mediateam.in
Old 8th September 2015, 00:06   #110
BHPian

hi
have been just busy with life...

Kms done 94000 Kms.

Problems:-
Had a jammed radiator. Ended up stopping every 45 kms (basically every time I would see the temp gauge move i'd fill it with water) on my way to Delhi. Will not name the dealership in Delhi who tried to tell me (typical like the hospitals) that i had a problem with the head etc and quoted me a repair estimate of close to 35k and leaving the vehicle for 4 days.

I returned home (it rained all the way hence pits stops were at every 110kms).

Got a local mechanic to open it and flush the radiator etc. And its working great ever since. So please do take second opinions when visiting dealerships.

Have been using the "non dealer" brake pads but they have been getting bald pretty fast.

I almost forgot to mention, on a trip to Delhi i must have been at 90 kms/hr and a out of control safari out of the blue came close from behind he had lost control over one of the bumps in a dip in the road, and hit me hard at the left side back. Usually a hit in that portion (in movies) usually send the car that has been hit toppling and this car did not flinch. I was really impressed. to cut the story short i let it pass as when i stopped the kid driving was shaking and so were his parents and kids. Got the car repaired luckily not too much damage.

Other than that everything is running well have not had a chance to complain.

its been 3 years, has anyone upgraded the filters, shockers , re-tuned their engines if yes do share the details.
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 01:11   #111
BHPian

98000 kms done and i love the vehicle even more.

Had an incident on Gurgaon-Delhi highway.
I was very fast wont mention the speed.
Where the old toll used to be, traffic segregates, I am in my own lane, and i see from the corner of my eye a car just cuts towards me and next thing i know i did a 45 degree turn managed to keep the tyres at an angle and i went sideways for 60 -80 meters.
Every second felt i am can roll over and gonna do spins like in the movies.

This vehicle didnt topple it held its own, the front left tyre burst ( as in the air must have come out being tubeless) and it came to a stand still.

Luckily no bus in fact i was waving towards cars to get behind me rather than front. I came to a halt not shaken just thankful.

Didn't want to make a scene so I started the car wobbled to the extreme left side and it responded perfectly.

It was a taxi who had just decided to cut across the road who eventually fled off when i mentioned the police.

Anyway to cut the story short, during the spin and the side ways skid this SUV refused to budge stood its ground. It gained my many fold respect.
I got the front tyre some air and it was good to go, the alloys were stable but have been left with the mark where the taxi hit me.

Anyhow, went to khan market picked up my next service spare parts.
An Air filter (950/-), an oil filter(650/-), a diesel filter(650/-) and all the brake pads front (1800/-) and back(1450/-). Total price 5500 Rs. I didn't bargain at all sometimes you just feel the price is okay.

Anyhow closer to the 100000 mark.

Will write a detailed review on my take on the car.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!-20151017_000534.jpg  

daebis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 14:05   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
Glad you are safe and the car managed to hold its ground. I somehow feel it is time you had a puja done to the truck now.
This is your 2/3rd incident right?

Quote:
An Air filter (950/-), an oil filter(650/-), a diesel filter(650/-) and all the brake pads front (1800/-) and back(1450/-). Total price 5500 Rs. I didn't bargain at all sometimes you just feel the price is okay.

Anyhow closer to the 100000 mark.

Will write a detailed review on my take on the car.
The prices seem to be ok when compared to the dealership prices. Which shop did you buy them from? Any references?

I will wait for your 100k km review now. And yes, you will need to get your timing belt changed at 100k kms.
Old 17th October 2015, 14:32   #113
BHPian

2nd incident.
Yup puja seems like the thing to do.

But I can't explain the way it held itself. I was 100 percent sure that it will roll over

The place is sood auto in Khan market (auto market) entering from market side it will be on your right.

Theres a place in karol Baagh which is cheaper but it's too far.

Yup ordered an original timing as well as V belt with the guy.

Thx for your concern.

Next thing on the card is a small bull bar with my light force lights before winters.
Old 9th November 2015, 12:42   #114

Quote:

98000 kms done and i love the vehicle even more.

Cheers.
Hi daebis - Glad you are ok and the PS handled well. Good to see such reviews reiterating the stability and handling of this SUV. No doubt this is a solid SUV and we all know well that it will not perform like a Sedan, the confidence you have riding it, seems excellent.
I had an experience on a highway a month ago, when I was driving in 4WD at around 100kmph, and was overtaking a truck, when the truck driver suddenly decided to move into my lane to avoid a slow moving vehicle in his lane. It was a very short notice, and I had no option but to slam the brakes hard. My PS handled so well, I was very impressed. It did not budge and stood its ground and came to a halt in a very composed way. Luckily there was no other vehicle behind me.

Quote:
2nd incident.

The place is sood auto in Khan market (auto market) entering from market side it will be on your right.

Theres a place in karol Baagh which is cheaper but it's too far.

Next thing on the card is a small bull bar with my light force lights before winters.
Do you have a contact number for the Khan Market stores? And will they ship the parts to Hyderabad? I recently got the 10K service done, and also got the AC filter installed (PS does not come with AC Filter). Spent about 3,400 for the filter.

I could not get a bull bar that fits the PS. So, I am getting a bull bar fabricated (has been a long project since July) and is in nearing stages. Took a 2" MS pipe and getting it bent to shape to get a custom Bull Bar fit for the PS. Will be mounting a pair of 9" KC Hilites, and also a 22" LED light bar in the Bull Bar. Will share some pictures soon.
Old 9th November 2015, 18:51   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post

Do you have a contact number for the Khan Market stores? And will they ship the parts to Hyderabad? I recently got the 10K service done, and also got the AC filter installed (PS does not come with AC Filter). Spent about 3,400 for the filter.
Here is the address and the phone number of the store: http://www.justdial.com/Delhi/Sood-A...FuIE1hcmtldA==

Where did you buy the ac filter from and where was it installed?

I will wait for the pictures of your bullbar since I too am keenly interested to get one.
Old 9th November 2015, 23:00   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
going by the photographs , these parts does not seem to be Original , will suggest you to look at some alternate places . Its always a good idea to look at Quality of packing of such merchandise - these people can imitate or try to do everything as original but for packing . Start with check on Quality of paper / cardboard - Imported paper has a different glaze then domestic perhaps tear small portion at one end also look closely at Printing , watch for any blurred prints . Also look for Bar Codes and if possible try to decode these using smart phone , most of copycats will be either missing these or will be just lines

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th November 2015 at 23:15.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 21:47   #117
BHPian

.. a few years later..
Cars now almost 5.6 years old.
It's done 148000 Kms.

It's had one tyre change.

Has had many brake pad changes.
I guess it's the driving.

Using everything from mr sood khan market.

Eg.
2 sets of diesel filters
1 oil filter
2 air filters
2 sets (fr and bk)
I bought for 11k.

Anyhow. No accidents except the over heat issue , which was resolved by flushing and reflushing of the radiator.

Did have a tyre burst out of the blue.
Removing the spare has always been a pain with this vehicle.

Got a matching hankook pair from mr. Majithia who's the main dealer for hankook up north. Awesome price.

I again say this, it actually gets better with age. I love it even more and doubt will want to change it.

I hated the bull bar so got rid of it.

Although convincing my dad to sack the merc250 for the all new ps being launched next year.

Okay here is the the upgrade that annoying 28th Aug.

1. Yet to install the light force lights. So finally customised design for the small bar and lights.

2. K& N air filter.

3. ECU remapping which is at a discount currently.

4. Complete over haul of the suspension. Been waiting for my shockers to go. The front one needs a change soon as per the mechanic.
So entire Ironman kit fronts gonna be kaid bearing, and backs yet to decide between comfort or hard , as I do travel with tons of luggage and fast.

Will keep you updated.
daebis is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks