Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 10:05   #346
Senior - BHPian

Frank how much did you pay for the mounts?

Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 13:52   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!

Not yet replaced the mounts. Waiting for a couple of months before she goes in for service.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:55   #348
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2013 at 17:05.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th April 2013, 17:28   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Not yet replaced the mounts. Waiting for a couple of months before she goes in for service.
Has the lower point of the mount started to touch the base ?

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th May 2013 at 09:06. Reason: Removing edit reference.
Old 19th April 2013, 18:31   #350
Senior - BHPian

Not yet, but I can already feel the vibrations and there is a pronounced increase in vibrations when the AC cuts in and out and the RPM drops slightly. Also I do feel a slight amount of vibration when my brake pedal is depressed and the car is in 'D' mode.

Anyway, friends, a little bit about the car's performance.
The new oil has really made a big difference, and the car is running smoother than ever. The engine is even more responsive now and revs very sweetly. There is an omnipresent feeling of 'less friction' and the engine feels unstrained even when picking up speeds. In all, the synthetic oil was a welcome change and I am very happy with it.
Drove from Home (Tardeo) to Nerul, Navi Mumbai, and then to Virar and back. Covered 198.5 km in the process. ON ONE TANK! I am not kidding!! I drove the first 120 km quite sedately but went ballistic in the last 70 odd km. Drove the car at an average speed of 70-80 kmph on a 54 km straight stretch (NH8) from Virar till the Bandra Worli Sea Link (with occasional bursts to 5000 RPM in 'S' mode) and then just ripped the car's nuts off (pun intended) after reaching the sea link. Even after all this, I had enough CNG to reach home and park. I generally idle for a minute after parking. That is when the final alarm went off, signalling that CNG was almost over.

THIS IS CHEAPER THAN WALKING!!!
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 21:34   #351
Senior - BHPian

Just finished 375 km with the car with full load and ac on all the time. Some city and some highway driving. The car behaved very well, save for the slight scraping on the higher speed breakers. We did 375 km for Rs 700. We went to pune and back for Rs. 140 a head! Phenomenal performance and very good savings.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:48   #352
Senior - BHPian

Frank how many kms to do you cover in a month on a average?
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:42   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Frank how many kms to do you cover in a month on a average?
I've been doing a steady 2000-2500 km since I've got the car.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:48   #354
Senior - BHPian

Finally replaced the Engine Hydraulic Mounts. The vibrations suddenly went up within two days and there was resonance at certain RPMs which would make everything vibrate and sound like a truck engine was mounted in the boot.
Sent my car to Wagenwerkz (@jatinpatel) and had the mounts replaced. Quick job. Did not put original Honda mounts. These are OEM fitments. If they last around 35-40k km more or two years (which is the amount of time planned with this car) then they are worth it.

The front struts feel like they are on their deathbed, but I am going to stick it out for a couple of months.

The car is doing exceptionally. Doing a steady 120-180 km per day sometimes and a day of rest for her means a minimum drive of 75-80 km.

My fuel efficiency has gone up due to the constant highway jaunts and I am getting somewhere around 15-18 km per kg which is phenomenal by any standard.

Cost of running: Anywhere between Rs. 1.6 - 2.5 per km.

Cost of kit: Rs. 58000
Km done after installation: 14000

Considering the fact that I fill 2000 rupees of Petrol every 3000 km, I must have fueled up 5 times, so Rs. 10000
PLUS the cost of CNG for 14000 km @ an average of 14 km/kg : 1000 kg (Rs. 33.90 * 1000= Rs. 33,900

So 14000 km cost me Rs. 43,900 rs.

On Petrol, the same would have cost me:
@ an average of 10 kmpl, I would have done 1400 litres, which would have amounted to Rs. 99400!

THAT's a straight saving of Rs. 55,500 in 8 months. WHICH MEANS that I will recover the cost of my CNG kit by the end of this week!!
Woohoooo!!
frankmehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 11:21   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
THAT's a straight saving of Rs. 55,500 in 8 months. WHICH MEANS that I will recover the cost of my CNG kit by the end of this week!!
Owner's pride, Neighbour's envy.

Congrats on recovering the CNG kit cost within record time of 8 months. That is sincerely a achievement plus the future savings will run in lacs of rupees. Also I am sure in future you will give a grin look to petrol only cars every time to visit CNG fuel station.

Anyways, since weight of CNG cylinder is almost 50 to 60 kgs, do you feel any drag on rear suspensions?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 12:45   #356
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bro. No real drag on the suspension, but yes, as you add weight to the rear, the suspension starts sagging. Sometimes the cumulative weight of the tank (with CNG) goes to even 80 kg. That's like adding one more person when the car is loaded with 1 or 2 people already. This results in handling taking a bigger hit than normal. Otherwise, with me driving alone, no difference.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:47   #357
Senior - BHPian

Is the mount hydraulic or rubber based.How much did you pay for it frank.I am too thinking of going in for a non original mount but not sure as i plan to retain the car for a long time ie atleast 5 years.My annual running would be just 4-5K kms.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 12:18   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is the mount hydraulic or rubber based.How much did you pay for it frank.I am too thinking of going in for a non original mount but not sure as i plan to retain the car for a long time ie atleast 5 years.My annual running would be just 4-5K kms.
Might as well just change the mounts. They might give up in less than 2 years and then you won't be able to sell your car without changing them and spending money. Enjoy the benefits of new mounts as soon as you can.
I spend 4.5k on them
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:15   #359
Senior - BHPian

Is this engine mount changing thing a CIVIC alone phenomenon ? I am asking because I haven't changed engine mounts for any of my cars. The present one is almost 15 years.
Old 15th May 2013, 21:35   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this engine mount changing thing a CIVIC alone phenomenon ? I am asking because I haven't changed engine mounts for any of my cars. The present one is almost 15 years.
Yes this is a Civic specific problem more so with pre face-lifted version i believe.Most engine mounts go bust around 30-40K Kms mark in the older version Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks