Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 14:50   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Swift VDi looks sorely overpriced especially when compared to the Base E and EX model. Amaze makes an amazing case for itself on engine alone, more space overall and sedan form are further plus points. I can't see why anyone in his right mind will go for the Swift.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 15:15   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
Yes, I checked with Honda website for Bangalore ex-showroom pricing.

The Petrol AT (OTR) prices are SAT - 8,29,000 and VXAT - 9,38,000. Due to high taxes, the prices don't seem attractive, was expecting the top end AT to be priced below 9L OTR. Add to this there is a waiting period of about a month.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2013 at 16:26. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:19   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
Got the Bangalore OTR price from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road.

Diesel VX is 9.49 L
Diesel S is 8.4L

Handling charges 8500/-
Roadside assistance 4200/-
Extended warranty 7100/-
Are the Handling charges + other 2 included in the OTR price or are they separate ? I presume they are included in the price.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:35   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
sorry I forgot, but the user manual states following service schedule :

1st Free Service : 1 month / 1000 km
2nd Free Service : 3 months / 5000 km
3rd Free Service : 6 months / 10000 km

Subsequent Paid Services : Every 6 months / 10000 km.

I think this is fair enough. More frequent than competition but less than for Honda City
So is it like Amaze diesel will require to go to service every 3 months or its the first three service closely spaced ?

Will they be using synthetic oil ? any idea ?
Old 12th April 2013, 15:47   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Are the Handling charges + other 2 included in the OTR price or are they separate ? I presume they are included in the price.
I assume they are included in the price.I had booked the VX-(D) trim at Whitefield Honda last month.Got a call today from the SA quoting OTR at 9.34 L.Can there be a difference of 15k between 2 dealers in the same city or am i missing something here??
Old 12th April 2013, 16:04   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
So is it like Amaze diesel will require to go to service every 3 months or its the first three service closely spaced ?
As mentioned in the post you quoted, subsequent services after 3rd free service will be every 6 months / 5k km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Will they be using synthetic oil ? any idea ?
If their claim of 'lowest in segment' maintenance cost has to come true, they can't be using Synthetic oil.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 16:13   #517
Senior - BHPian

Honda has developed a special, low viscosity oil for Amaze. Some kind of a semi-synth. They mentioned this at launch.

If their claim of 'lowest in segment' maintenance cost has to come true, they can't be using Synthetic oil.[/quote]
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 16:38   #518
BHPian

Slightly
Amaze replacing Honda City and Honda City (Next Gen) replacing Civic?

It looks like Honda has a habit of killing its own car. By refreshing Honda City in 2008 and with increasing cosmetic changes over last 5 years, it has killed Civc (in a) sense.
Till the release of Amaze, hatch owners did not have any choice of a Sedan (rather car with a boot) from Honda and were always forced to stretch to City or other brands.
Now with this Amaze release, I feel, that stretch is no more necessary and one can own a "Honda" car with boot at lesser price. Adding to that, you get a diesel option too.
Honda's plan to do an end of life to current City and releasing all new City seems like last nail in Civic's coffin. Some reports suggest that next gen City would be bigger and more aggressive than the current one.

So, looks like its Amazing end to current generation City and a civic beginning to next gen City
Old 12th April 2013, 16:53   #519
AWD
BHPian

I booked Amaze Diesel S variant in White color. Base model is spartan with non-body colored door handles, mirrors.

Next to base version only has Single Din stereo with 2 front speakers & body colored handles, mirrors.

While S variant has quite a few goodies like Double-Din, Seat height, internally adjustable ORVMS, Wheel caps, etc.

There was a rush of customers coming to check out the vehicle & lot of new bookings were taking place at the dealership.

Dealer had not started giving TD's, will check back in a day or two.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:03   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@spinfreak; So as a note of caution they have added a three month check. Is it on the petrol as well, since my Brio is one and six months, then every six months.
+1, but one grudge I had against Honda is that on Brio they changed the free service schedule from [1/1000, 6/5000, 12/10000] to [1/1000, 6/10000]

So on the Brio, they are basically trying to save some costs by cutting on one free service.

Although, the SA tried to justify this move by saying that Honda is still providing free service till 10k kms. But IMO, I am being served free for 6 months and not one year. If I were to drive 10,000kms in 6 months, why would I buy a petrol car in the first place.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:16   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
They are included in the price.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:11   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

There was a rush of customers coming to check out the vehicle & lot of new bookings were taking place at the dealership.

Dealer had not started giving TD's, will check back in a day or two.
That goes on to show the trust of people in Honda as a brand. The car has just the right pricing, the right feature list and everything seems just so right. Honda has pulled off a stunner this time to say the least.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:25   #523
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
trust of people in Honda as a brand. The car has just the right pricing, the right feature list and everything seems just so right.
Yes but I also felt Honda Ill-equipped to handle the sudden rush, ofcourse its nothing it has seen before. It was a scene of chaos at the dealership. Dealer was not providing TD's because consumers were booking the vehicles without TD(me included).

I recently sold off my 3-4months old Swift Vdi & in almost similar money I can now plonk a car with a "proper" boot.

Being a Honda customer before, Im also sure that there will be an updated version 3-4 months down the line. Honda acts on consumer feedback, whatever feedback will be recorded, a revamped model will take care of most of it.

I was seriously considering booking the base model but just one feature that did not let me do it was the absence of internal adjustment of ORVMS. It would get very in-convenient to adjust the mirrors from outside everytime you get in the car. A manual knob is not provided on the insides to adjust the mirrors.

Did not book the 2nd variant because the basic stereo only has two front speakers.

Was wondering what else could be bought with almost similar money ! Dzire Im not keen on, what else ?
Old 12th April 2013, 19:29   #524
Senior - BHPian

The premium hatchbacks will be hit really hard by the AMAZE.

For instance, the Micra Diesel XV Premium costs 803,888/- OTR Mumbai, which is about 10k costlier than the S-MT iDtec variant. Same is the case with most other B+ hatchbacks such as i20, Polo, Punto. I think the sales of these hatchbacks will be dented to an extent and probably a nail in the coffin of the Punto (How I wish this never happens and Punto comes back as a phoenix ().

So any hatchback touching or crossing 8 lakhs will face the heat from Amaze big time.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:35   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Was wondering what else could be bought with almost similar money ! Dzire Im not keen on, what else ?
Chevrolet Sail sedan is the other choice, the LS(non ABS) variant I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks