Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 21:36   #1696
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Hi, I have joined Team BHP recently, but have been following this Amaze link for quite some time. In fact it was GTO's review that had turned me towards Amaze iDTEC. And I am loving it!
Just wanted your opinion on this, guys. I had been getting wonderful mileage (18.5 kmpl) within city (Mumbai-Western suburbs, stop-start) till the 1st service was done. After that the highway mileage has increased (~28 kmpl vs 26 kmpl), but the in city mileage has fallen drastically ( ~14 kmpl, stop-start). I have noticed that the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear has increased. I had taken the vehicle to the service centre. After a trial run they told it's ok and shared that the engine was retuned during the 1st service. The service supervisor also shared that this can be reversed, if I so wanted, during second service. Did any of you face similar issue?
Best.
Just to make things clear, Amaze has more speed during 2nd and 3rd gear due to non-existent turbo lag. I didn't know that during service they tune the engine. If you think after service, the acceleration has increased or it's affecting your mileage, you should definitively make this point during next service.
I've had my first service too but did not notice any such thing. I'll surely ask the personnel about it in next service.
Old 17th October 2013, 23:17   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Hi, I have joined Team BHP recently, but have been following this Amaze link for quite some time. In fact it was GTO's review that had turned me towards Amaze iDTEC. And I am loving it! Just wanted your opinion on this, guys. I had been getting wonderful mileage (18.5 kmpl) within city (Mumbai-Western suburbs, stop-start) till the 1st service was done. After that the highway mileage has increased (~28 kmpl vs 26 kmpl), but the in city mileage has fallen drastically ( ~14 kmpl, stop-start). I have noticed that the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear has increased. I had taken the vehicle to the service centre. After a trial run they told it's ok and shared that the engine was retuned during the 1st service. The service supervisor also shared that this can be reversed, if I so wanted, during second service. Did any of you face similar issue? Best.
Well I have a car that behaves exactly the opposite. I get 22-23 kpl in Bangalore traffic with AC on 50 % of the times ( I drive back late nights from work , hence normally don't need to use theAC). But on the highways , I am not getting more than 21kpl ,
This is a car that doesn't like to be revved hard. Highway driving is usually around 100 -120 kph while city driving is limited to around 1700 rpms
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 12:30   #1698
BHPian

Hey guys Honda has updated Amaze's accessories which includes rear,front and side spoilers.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/accessories.html
https://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/...cessories.html

Here's the full blown modulo kit amaze with all spoilers(Thailand)
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-modulo1.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-modulo2.jpg

Anyone interested in getting spoilers? If someone can get a price quote, it would be helpful.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 18:12   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Well I have a car that behaves exactly the opposite. I get 22-23 kpl in Bangalore traffic with AC on 50 % of the times ( I drive back late nights from work , hence normally don't need to use theAC). But on the highways , I am not getting more than 21kpl ,
This is a car that doesn't like to be revved hard. Highway driving is usually around 100 -120 kph while city driving is limited to around 1700 rpms
Hey Satya, even I have observed the same. On my recent drive to Mysore, the mileage kept swinging between 20.8 to 21.4. I blamed Mysore road traffic for that, but even you face the same thing. I'm driving to Hassan tomorrow, will try to keep a constant speed of 80 to 90, just to see if I can achieve some better numbers. One reason for this behavior could be that in city, I drive alone whereas on highways, there would be atleast 4 pax with considerable luggage in the boot. Just a thought.
Old 18th October 2013, 18:38   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Hey guys Honda has updated Amaze's accessories which includes rear,front and side spoilers. https://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/accessories.html https://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/...cessories.html Here's the full blown modulo kit amaze with all spoilers(Thailand) Anyone interested in getting spoilers? If someone can get a price quote, it would be helpful.
Dakshin honda said 9k INR for the trunk spoiler and 5k INR for the side protector. Somehow don't trust Dakshin Honda. Have written to Honda customer care asking for the price quotes.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 20:06   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Dakshin honda said 9k INR for the trunk spoiler and 5k INR for the side protector. Somehow don't trust Dakshin Honda. Have written to Honda customer care asking for the price quotes.
Wow, that shattered my dream for a trunk spoiler. The price is too high considering it has no lights/LEDs.
Do confirm if you get different price from customer care, meanwhile I'll ask the same at Courtesy Honda.
Old 19th October 2013, 00:35   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post

Wow, that shattered my dream for a trunk spoiler. The price is too high considering it has no lights/LEDs.
Do confirm if you get different price from customer care, meanwhile I'll ask the same at Courtesy Honda.
Honda's pricing is normally too costly. For example, led door will guards costs around 7500 excluding the fitting charges in the showroom across INDIA but in gray market, it costs Rs. 1000 only. Same quality and same size too. Honda have not adapted to mass market pricing yet. Let's hope that they realise their mistake soon and change their pricing accordingly.

Have any one enquired about the interior foot lamps? I saw them in my friend's Passat. It would be amazing in our Amaze.

Last edited by amazingGuru67 : 19th October 2013 at 00:37.
Old 19th October 2013, 10:04   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My father in law picked up an Amaze petrol E (Entry level variant). Even the base version has power windows and central locking (not keyless), which is nice. However, there is no power socket for charging your mobile. I find this very strange. How much do they save by omitting a charging point. The so called *smart* phones we get these days are smart about everything else except conserving the battery.
Old 19th October 2013, 10:15   #1704
BHPian

That's why they want us to buy the higher versions . If anyone has an online link to the prices of accessories for the amaze and the user manual in pdf it will be very helpful . I too feel the accessories are overpriced and I am waiting for the prices to come down .
Old 19th October 2013, 14:39   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My father in law picked up an Amaze petrol E (Entry level variant). Even the base version has power windows and central locking (not keyless), which is nice. However, there is no power socket for charging your mobile. I find this very strange. How much do they save by omitting a charging point. The so called *smart* phones we get these days are smart about everything else except conserving the battery.
Last week end when I went to the nearby Honda showroom to check out the Amaze for my brother-in-law, with an on-road price of 7.4 lacs, the E-MT i-DTEC was real value for money. As you rightly said even this base version has power windows, central locking (not keyless) & most importantly ABS with EBD. However, besides no power socket for charging your mobile, it has no fog lamps, no tachometer, no music system, no speakers. Even after spending 7.4 lacs we would have to live with flap type mirrors (with no internal adjustment). Honda has featured the variants in such a manner that you cannot even think of a variant below the S-MT, which costs about 8.36 lacs on road. Result E-MT was ruled out. We cannot pay 7.4 lacs to buy only a world class engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
That's why they want us to buy the higher versions . If anyone has an online link to the prices of accessories for the amaze and the user manual in pdf it will be very helpful . I too feel the accessories are overpriced and I am waiting for the prices to come down .
Someone had posted the accessories price list in this very thread. Reposting is below for the benefit of others alike.

Amaze Accessories List.pdf

Honda Accessory pricelist.xls
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 06:58   #1706
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
As you rightly said even this base version has power windows, central locking (not keyless) & most importantly ABS with EBD. However, besides no power socket for charging your mobile, it has no fog lamps, no tachometer, no music system, no speakers.
The petrol variant costs a lack less at about 6.2 so it is not a bad deal for what you get. There is no ABS in petrol E variant, but tachometer is present.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:41   #1707

Honda Amaze iVTEC pick up issues.

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I just purchased a Honda Amaze iVTEC from Ace Honda Noida and i found the following niggles which are disappointing.

1) The pickup is extremely low and the car almost dies at 2nd gear and as Noida is full of ill place speed breakers, it is almost impossible to move without a gear down shift. The car has not done 1000 Km as of now and still awaits the first service upon which i was assure by the SA that the pick up will improve, now i ask from the fellow BHPians, is that the case ?

2) The AC button gets real hot upon prolonged usage,SA says that its harmless and it is a problem with all Brio's and Amaze.I dnt know if i should believe him.

3) Is there any way i can soften the suspension as i find the suspension a bit too stiff for my liking.

My questions will seem a bit too noob like but kindly bear with me..
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:05   #1708
BHPian

Sound dampeners for i-DTec?

So many people have been complaining about NVH levels inside the cabin of Amaze Diesel. But none seems to have tried/talked about using sound dampeners (Dynamat,Wurth etc) to solve this problem. Dampening the sound around the engine bay under the bonnet should help.
Won't the sound dampeners help in reducing the NVH levels at least the Noise part? Am I missing something here?
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:06   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Shrivas View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I just purchased a Honda Amaze iVTEC from Ace Honda Noida and i found the following niggles which are disappointing.

1) The pickup is extremely low and the car almost dies at 2nd gear and as Noida is full of ill place speed breakers, it is almost impossible to move without a gear down shift. The car has not done 1000 Km as of now and still awaits the first service upon which i was assure by the SA that the pick up will improve, now i ask from the fellow BHPians, is that the case ?

2) The AC button gets real hot upon prolonged usage,SA says that its harmless and it is a problem with all Brio's and Amaze.I dnt know if i should believe him.

3) Is there any way i can soften the suspension as i find the suspension a bitutt too stiff for my liking.

My questions will seem a bit too noob like but kindly bear with me..
Hi Gaurav, I own a iDtec S-MT over the last two and a half months and have the same issue with the AC button getting really warm of late. I don't remember having this issue may be 15 days back. For suspension I think you will really like it the way it is once you make a long distance trip on highways. Also, just a tip. Check your tyre pressure. They are generally come over inflated at the dealer's.
PS: I cannot comment on the pick up thing though :-).
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:43   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
So many people have been complaining about NVH levels inside the cabin of Amaze Diesel. But none seems to have tried/talked about using sound dampeners (Dynamat,Wurth etc) to solve this problem. Dampening the sound around the engine bay under the bonnet should help.
Won't the sound dampeners help in reducing the NVH levels at least the Noise part? Am I missing something here?
Took a brief test drive of the Amaze diesel today. Noise and vibration levels are really high. The rear seat passengers were also complaining about engine noise. More than the sound, it is the vibration that bothered me. I don't think vibration can be reduced by sound dampeners. Maybe Honda should look at better engine mounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks