Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:57   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktranquility View Post
Hey guys,

First post although been browsing this forum for years. I happened to call a few dealerships in Bangalore regarding the 1.8TSI and was informed by Vinayak Skoda on Bellary Road that they will not deliver the cars till early February. I thought it was a bit off so I called Tafe Access on St. Marks and was informed that a Silver 1.8TSI can be delivered between 15-20 days. I'm interested in a black car and was given an estimated delivery date of first week of December. Not sure which showroom to trust
Talk to Vikram at Tafe St.Mark's road. I dealt with him when purchasing my Laura and he's been helpful and accommodating.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:05   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, First post although been browsing this forum for years. I happened to call a few dealerships in Bangalore regarding the 1.8TSI and was informed by Vinayak Skoda on Bellary Road that they will not deliver the cars till early February. I thought it was a bit off so I called Tafe Access on St. Marks and was informed that a Silver 1.8TSI can be delivered between 15-20 days. I'm interested in a black car and was given an estimated delivery date of first week of December. Not sure which showroom to trust
Hey, you will not believe the coincidence. I wanted beige but few days ago I was offered a black or a silver TSI and i opted for black i guess the silver is now offered to you! Is it really such a small world? I think silver looks good too!! But i owned many silver cars and never black, so went for that. I say dont wait till January for the car, if you are going to wait, you might as well wait for the new colors Rio red, Metal grey, Race blue!! They should be launched in Jan-14.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:18   #303
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
Whats the Superb's pricing for the TDI version ?? . If it were at a premium of another 2 lakh i say its worth spending the extra money on the car . 25lk is on the higher side for the kit that the Octavia offers . Hope the new Superb sticks to its price tag under 30lk .
The TDI is about 30L on road but the petrol variant is priced at 24L or so I believe.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:42   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

The TDI is about 30L on road but the petrol variant is priced at 24L or so I believe.
Superb tdi is 31.5 on road blore v/s 24.6 tdi Octavia elegence.. 7 lakhs cheaper than superb makes Octavia great value for money.
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:38   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Superb tdi is 31.5 on road blore v/s 24.6 tdi Octavia elegence.. 7 lakhs cheaper than superb makes Octavia great value for money.
The Superb is running discounts of close to 2 - 3 lacs on the petrol and diesel respectively which then makes the Superb a great buy.

On a side note I drove the 1.4 TSI extensively last week as a part of a comparison we did between the Elantra, Jetta and Octavia for another auto portal. Here are my impressions:

1. The TSI motor can be heard in the cabin if revved hard
2. Coming from the Vento I was expecting the turbo whoosh but found the power delivery to be fairly linear
3. The 1.4 TSI still is a lot of fun to drive and frankly it would have been great to have a DSG box with it
4. I found the handling to be the best in class. I took a 90 degree turn at 60 and I didn't realise I was doing that speed till I glanced at the speedo
5. The rear suspension did feel a bit stiff. I found the difference between the suspension of the Octavia 1.4 TSI and the Jetta. The Jetta felt better albeit marginally. I believe the Jetta comes with the multilink.
6. I do believe enthusiasts will be slightly disappointed with the performance of the 1.4 TSI
7. If you are chauffeur driven the Elantra with its long list of features still is the best bet. The cooled seats have to be experienced!
8. The Jetta I drove was a Diesel + DSG and it was the first time I experienced a DSG box. Frankly I was floored by it. It was simply brilliant to drive. My next car will have a DSG box. I am guessing that the Octavia with the diesel + DSG makes a better buy than the Jetta
9. Ambition variant is well kitted if you can live without the sunroof Xenons and LED strip. It's almost at par with the top end variants of the other vehicles

These are my impressions about the car briefly and I am no expert and neither do I claim to be. I was fortunate to be able to drive these machines who are great in their own way. I love driving new vehicles and hence jumped at every opportunity.

P.S. I was in the market for the Octavia but only want to buy an automatic since it will be for my dad who incidentally loves this car a lot. The exorbitant pricing has put me off totally and put it simply out of reach. I do feel that probably Skoda should bring the European Rapid (call it the Laura perhaps) to India given the large price gap between the Indian Rapid and the Octavia. It is where they will see some volumes.
miharbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 02:50   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey, you will not believe the coincidence. I wanted beige but few days ago I was offered a black or a silver TSI and i opted for black i guess the silver is now offered to you! Is it really such a small world? I think silver looks good too!! But i owned many silver cars and never black, so went for that. I say dont wait till January for the car, if you are going to wait, you might as well wait for the new colors Rio red, Metal grey, Race blue!! They should be launched in Jan-14.
Haha that's hilarious. Yea i think once I put some money down, they'll rush a little bit more. When's expected delivery for your octavia? And congrats. It's absolutely gorgeous in black. I currently drive a 2008 Camry that's silver and we have a silver Innova as well so thought black would be a welcome change
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:46   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha that's hilarious. Yea i think once I put some money down, they'll rush a little bit more. When's expected delivery for your octavia? And congrats. It's absolutely gorgeous in black. I currently drive a 2008 Camry that's silver and we have a silver Innova as well so thought black would be a welcome change
Thanks! Scheduled delivery was 19th October, yet the car has not been delivered at the dealer itself. Now I'll be off to Delhi tomorrow for the F1, so once I am back will follow up for delivery. Really wish I had it earlier though. Driving a MT Vento after a DSG Laura, for two months now, I am sincerely out of patience, particularly coz have run about 4000 km in last two months.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:45   #308
BHPian

It seems no free service(labour charges only free)for Octavia. Even labour charges are payable from first service. But it was free for Laura. Also drastic increase in labour charges comparing to laura. please refer the details for First service charges for Octavia 1.8 TSI. Maybe the labour charges not updated properly in the portal so it shows /adds the total of spare parts cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia1.8tsiservicecost.png  

Last edited by saabasheer : 23rd October 2013 at 22:49. Reason: correction
saabasheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:05   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

8000 rupees labor charge - that too for 1st service?????
I don't know what to say.
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:41   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's
Any brand new Laura's left in the country ?? . Any in bangalore ? . I am contemplating about an idea of exchanging my current laura 1.9 PD with the New Laura ? . Any huge discounts available ?
Don't know about Bangalore, but in Chennai they have Laura-D available (no petrol Lauras). They mentioned 1.25lakhs discount on it, but I am sure it would be more than this once you show serious intent - I did a casual email enquiry.

Chennai prices that I got are as below. 1.8Tsi at 22.10 lakhs seems high.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-newoctaviapricesoct2013.jpg

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 23rd October 2013 at 23:42.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:54   #311
Senior - BHPian

Got delivery of my 2.0 TDi Elegance on Monday. Have completed 800 Kms today including a trip to Chandigarh from Delhi and back. My feedback.

1. After driving the Cruze A/T for 2 years, The DSG box is a delight for sure but as outright Power on the highways, the cruze still is much better.

2. Suspension setup is soft for my liking. Maybe upgrade to a better suspension

3. All round comfortable in the front and the back, would have liked if the co-passenger seats were also electric.

4. Paddle shifts are truly missed.

5. Build quality not that great compared to the previous Skodas, I was expecting better.

6. The First Tank to Tank yielded an FE of 16.3 KM Per Litre. I am running-in the car, Not crossing 2000 Rpms or 100 Km/Hr. Did the drive to chandigarh in almost full cruise control.

Now the problems

1. The sunroof has already developed a problem. Its rattling and squeaking and creating a racket. This is when the car has not completed even a 1000 Kms.

2. Squeaking noise from the drive side door/doorpad.

3. Weird thumping noise from the Front right suspension.

4. Rattling noise while accelerating from the Engine bay.

Planning to take the car to the Workshop to address the problems, The sunroof issue is the biggest. I want to rectify this ASAP. This is my first Skoda and I hope my ownership experience is not as bad as I have read on the forum. Fingers crossed. Will start a separate Ownership thread soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-photo5.jpg  

m4ugr8 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 00:30   #312
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post

1. The sunroof has already developed a problem. Its rattling and squeaking and creating a racket. This is when the car has not completed even a 1000 Kms.

Planning to take the car to the Workshop to address the problems, The sunroof issue is the biggest. I want to rectify this ASAP. This is my first Skoda and I hope my ownership experience is not as bad as I have read on the forum. Fingers crossed. Will start a separate Ownership thread soon.
skoda ads for the octavia are using 2 main selling points - the clean body lines and the xtra large sunroof. It is simply ridiculous that the USP of the car is poorly designed - the usual cliche'd excuse of "indian conditions subjected to a european car" JUST CANNOT FLY, for the sunroof rattle.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:34   #313
BHPian

[quote=m4ugr8;

6. The First Tank to Tank yielded an FE of 16.3 KM Per Litre. I am running-in the car, Not crossing 2000 Rpms or 100 Km/Hr. Did the drive to chandigarh in almost full cruise control.

[/QUOTE]

First of all congratulation on the new octavia. Squeaks on Octavia from day 1, what happened to the famous build quality. I hope this is a one off and not a 'standard feature' and they will be able to solve it permanently for you.

BTW for running in it is advisable to vary the RPM rather than keeping it in the same RPM for long periods, so you might want to keep of the cruise control till the engine is run in. Just a suggestion.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:06   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congratulations!

Check this out: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=252501

Happy motoring!
Old 24th October 2013, 12:38   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabasheer View Post
It seems no free service (labour charges only free)for Octavia. Even labour charges are payable from first service. But it was free for Laura. Also drastic increase in labour charges comparing to laura. please refer the details for First service charges for Octavia 1.8 TSI. Maybe the labour charges not updated properly in the portal so it shows /adds the total of spare parts cost.
That's got to be an error. Seems like they have copy pasted the material cost total in the labour column.

Labour for service for my Laura has been about Rs. 1,500 on an average and for the Superb also it shows about Rs. 1,600 on the site.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 24th October 2013 at 12:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks