Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:13   #3676
SLK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Well, metoo!
Mine too is April 2019 bought. It is also black as seems to be your friend's car from the pic.
I just bought an Octavia a couple of weeks back and was reading the manual yesterday. The start of the headlight section says....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia Owners Manual
"The headlights may mist up temporarily. When the light is switched on, the
light-emitting surface demists after a short period of time."
I think this is what you are experiencing.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:54   #3677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Interesting news and clearly shows that Skoda us gearing up to sell off the remaining 1.8 Octavia kits in/enroute to India. This is the same tactic they used when they brought a few units of the all black Alcantara interior 'Zeal' variants (solf in the UK as the Black Edition), as well as a few Superbs with the Mocha brown interiors.
Believe the Octavia Onyx Edition is going to be red, blue or white exteriors with black interiors (Alcantara or fabric unsure) & black alloys.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:55   #3678
Senior - BHPian

^^
You are correct - I got some more information from my dealer.

The car will be available in white, red and blue colors only.

The seats are Alcantara (like Kodiaq Scout), flat bottom steering, black rear spoiler, black OVRM, black alloys. I am hoping the entire interior is black, however could not get the information.

Now, hold on - I got the pricing as well.

19.99 Lakhs ex-showroom Hyderabad which is 60K less than the 1.8 TSI DSG style.

21.99 lakhs ex-showroom Hyderabad for the diesel, which is 1 Lakh less than the 2.0 TDI DSG style.

However, there was a 1.4 Lakhs discount on the style. I am not sure if there will be any discount on the ONYX edition. Overall, this should be a very attractive option for buyers in this segment. Waiting for the brochure and pics. WIll share as soon as I get them

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th October 2019 at 05:47. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 05:01   #3679
BHPian

So I was pretty much all set to buy a Style variant, but they're now saying there are no kits in the factory. They did have 4-5 pieces available as of Sept 28th so not sure if this is just to promote the new onyx launch. Also, no discount is available on Onyx vs the 1.2-1.5 they were giving on the Style.

Details about Onyx:
Style variant with cosmetic changes
Black Upholstery
Black Dash
Flat Bottom Steering
Black alloys
Black Spoiler

Ex-Showroom 19,99,999

The dealer said the black upholstery will be Alcantara (but not confirmed), similar to the VRS, Superb Sportsline. Dash is the same as the VRS. I've attached the one-page leaflet they sent.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCTAVIA ONYX.pdf (141.3 KB, 426 views)
showboat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 07:54   #3680
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds good! The flashy Race Blue and Corrida Red are the vRS colours and coupled with the black ORVMs & spoiler will make them very similar to the vRS.

Superb option to pick one up before the 1.8 is compulsorily retired.
Old 5th October 2019, 10:45   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Considering that the new Octavia will come in next year and the 1.8 TSI will be retired post April 2020 (BS6), does it make sense to buy this car for long-term ownership? I know Skoda offers 6 year extended warranty but there might be issues with parts availability etc.
Old 5th October 2019, 10:58   #3682
BHPian

Is 1.8 TSI really going to be discontinued? I read somewhere that 1.8 TSI can be made BS6 ready as it is already being sold in Europe as EU6 compliant.
Old 5th October 2019, 11:11   #3683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Is 1.8 TSI really going to be discontinued? I read somewhere that 1.8 TSI can be made BS6 ready as it is already being sold in Europe as EU6 compliant.
Think it will. Globally, Skoda is moving to the 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0 TSI and once the 1.8 kits are exhausted India will also get the new engines.

Can EU-6 engines be seamlessly certified as BS-VI? Unsure.
Old 5th October 2019, 11:53   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I just bought an Octavia a couple of weeks back and was reading the manual yesterday. The start of the headlight section says....

I think this is what you are experiencing.
I am not sure. It has come after a continuous spell of rain and moist conditions. It takes atleast a day of relatively drier weather to disappear. Most of my driving is in the day and headlight is off.
Now the rains have stopped. And the problem too has gone.
Old 5th October 2019, 12:39   #3685
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Think it will. Globally, Skoda is moving to the 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0 TSI and once the 1.8 kits are exhausted India will also get the new engines.
You are right. The 1.8 TSI is most likely going away, its not sold in any of the key markets anymore. What needs to be seen in India is, whether they bring in the 2.0 TSI at all or not. VW and Audi have so far stayed away even from the 1.8 TSI and with the new 1.5 with ACT (active cylinder technology, read more FE) the market may considerably settle for the 1.5 and India may not ever see 2.0.

I really hope Skoda brings in 2.0 TSI, but I couldn't risk that, so I picked up the 1.8 TSI while it existed.

Also, since the 2.0 TSI is slightly more powerful (only slightly) it would probably not fit the DQ200, which just means the 2.0 TSI may become much more expensive.
Old 5th October 2019, 17:30   #3686
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda dealer is offering the 50k corporate discount on the onyx edition, which means it will cost 20k more than what was offered to me on the 1.8 style earlier. I think that's fair given the cosmetic changes but I have decided to take a decision after seeing the car. I am hoping cars will be available at the dealership by next week
Old 5th October 2019, 19:06   #3687
BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Is it confirmed that the Onyx variant is going to be 19.99L ex-showroom?
If so, that should decrease the road tax calculation as well as it is less than 20L. Bangalore road taxation is 17% for cars between 10-20L and then 18% for 20L and above. This would mean additional 30k savings on the Onyx over the Style.

Last edited by vickyP : 5th October 2019 at 19:08.
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 20:06   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The Skoda dealer is offering the 50k corporate discount on the onyx edition, which means it will cost 20k more than what was offered to me on the 1.8 style earlier. I think that's fair given the cosmetic changes but I have decided to take a decision after seeing the car. I am hoping cars will be available at the dealership by next week
I was told there was no discount on the Onyx. Is the corporate discount the same as the loyalty discount?
Old 6th October 2019, 07:45   #3689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Is it confirmed that the Onyx variant is going to be 19.99L ex-showroom?
If so, that should decrease the road tax calculation as well as it is less than 20L. Bangalore road taxation is 17% for cars between 10-20L and then 18% for 20L and above. This would mean additional 30k savings on the Onyx over the Style.
Yes, it might be beneficial in Bangalore but not in Hyderabad (14%road tax above 10 lakhs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I was told there was no discount on the Onyx. Is the corporate discount the same as the loyalty discount?
I was told it is corporate discount, I don't own any Skoda/VW cars to get loyalty discount.

However, the Onyx edition is coming out costlier than the Style variant.
For example - in Hyderabad, the Style 1.8 TSI costs 25.7 lakhs onroad (this includes zero dep insurance and extended warranty for 5th and 6th years). After discount of 1.4 lakhs, it was coming to be 24.3 lakhs.

The Onyx edition costs 25 lakhs on road, and coming to 24.5 lakhs after discount. So, basically the Onyx is costing me 20K more. It might be worth 20K for the addons (particularly the black interiors with Alacantara along with the flat-bottom steering wheel).

I believe that if we are buying a car like Octavia now which is going to be replaced soon with a new variant, we should go for the kill and get maximum discounts. The current discounts are frankly not that much. However, the biggest reason to get the Octavia now is that the powerful 1.8 TSI is probably going to be discontinued post April 2020

Last edited by adimicra : 6th October 2019 at 07:58.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 07:51   #3690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

I believe that if we are buying a car like Octavia now which is going to be replaced soon with a new variant, we should go for the kill and get maximum discounts. The current discounts are frankly not that much. However, the biggest reason to get the Octavia now is that the powerful 1.8 TSI is probably going to be discontinued post April 2020
The main issue right now is there are no style variants available in the factory or with most dealers. I've checked with 3 dealers and same response.

Has anyone found any in stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks