Manual 88 36.21%
Paddle Shifting 99 40.74%
I wont buy the Civic 56 23.05%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 12:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Like they say, any publicity is good publicity. LOL

Just bcoz the test car turned out to be a lemon, more people would want to test drive the Civic and see for themselves. And not every test car is gonna be as bad as the one Busa drove.

Shan2nu
Old 7th July 2006, 12:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'm sure that from now on every Civic's exhaust is going to fall off within a day or two. Its quality is sooo bad, i can't even imagine! Really, Honda's quality has gone southwards. Take BUSA's review as a gospel and forget about this car.
Mate, if tbhp reviews and opinions decided the fate of cars in the Indian market, all you would see on the roads would be Balenos, Palios, Petras, Optras etc etc, which is not the case.
All I can say is "If wishes were horses, .............".
Old 7th July 2006, 12:55   #78
BHPian

The brand name "Honda" has a magical effect. It's very difficult to build a brand name and all kudos to Honda for achieving that. But the sad part we pay money for Honda products just for that brand name. The "Value for Money" factor just disappears here. It's more of a stupid "Social Status" factor.

The drawbacks of a "Honda" car will never be important to the public. It's that brand name again.
Old 7th July 2006, 13:04   #79
Team-BHP Support

Brands don't build a reputation overnight. It takes decades to build a reputation, and that reputation is built for a reason, by us, the customer.

Why do you pay more for a pair of Levis jeans, Nike shoes etc. Also, if you are out shopping for a apartment, a well established builders' rates would be higher than a comparable building next door. You pay for the peace of mind that name gives you, as you are confident it is a high quality product that should serve you well for years.

The fact is, Honda rightfully deserve the respect they currently enjoy in the automotive segment. And apparently the small premium they charge for their goods is more than acceptable to the buying public. Or else we would not have a 3 month waiting list for some of their cars.
Old 7th July 2006, 14:01   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Would members be as forgiving if a brand new Optra, Octavia or God forbid, a Fiesta's exhaust fell off? No we wouldn't, we would have taken these companies to the cleaners and shouted that they are taking Indians for a ride and written full page comments on poor quality of the cars.
Bingo man.. you said it.

Busa is entitled to his opinion.. and he has clearly mentioned that these are his personal opinions.. You can disagree with him, but ascribing motives is not fair.There are no holy cows here.. A lemon is a lemon , even if it is from Honda or anyone else.

Imagine the comments if the same thing had happened with a Scorpio or Safari < btw.. people have written of nausea and headache after 5 minutes of testride in Scorpio and permanent backache after 20 minutes , AFTER switchig from a maruti 800 !! , with absolutely no cries of despair about pinches of salt / pepper from others.. > although Logic says that your back is better off in any SUV with a taller seating position than a small car like maruti, where you crouch to get in and get out...
Old 7th July 2006, 18:06   #81
BHPian

I do not understand why guys are pulling and pusing busa's views. Its his personal experience and views. If you have test driven just go ahead and share your experiences rather than proving his views right or wrong.

I am not supporting his views or any others views, its just that need to know their personal experiences.

I guess its would be better to have reviews than commenting on Busa's views.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:53   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Mate, if tbhp reviews and opinions decided the fate of cars in the Indian market, all you would see on the roads would be Balenos, Palios, Petras, Optras etc etc, which is not the case.
Hey,

You might have just made half of TBHP come after your blood by omitting their favourite car the Vtec in your list.

Viper
Old 7th July 2006, 18:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps
I do not understand why guys are pulling and pusing busa's views. Its his personal experience and views. If you have test driven just go ahead and share your experiences rather than proving his views right or wrong.

I am not supporting his views or any others views, its just that need to know their personal experiences.

I guess its would be better to have reviews than commenting on Busa's views.
I have already given my review after driving it twice - but for short distance - it is clearly corolla beater. I am going to take a longer drive in a couple of days and will report on handling / speed breaker clearance...
Old 7th July 2006, 19:09   #84
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.....
Old 7th July 2006, 20:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

I cannot imagine why the thread has taken such a personal and vicious turn at multiple points. One can accept agreeing or disagreeing with someone's expressed opinion, and argue against specific issues, but why ascribe motives, call names and generally be nasty ? Is this a mature enthusiasts forum, or an online auto-avataar of kyunki..... ?

Ppl, lets decide what we want this forum to be, and answer with zero acrimony, or go take a coffee break when its tough to do that.

Alrite - taking a coffee break
Old 7th July 2006, 21:21   #86
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod

This thread is moving towards opinions and bias and not about the Civic. Am forced to closed thread.

Please expect some postings to be editted out. Us mods with decide and take action at the back end
Old 10th July 2006, 00:34   #87
Team-BHP Support

Thread Reopened

Us Mods have discussed - we have not edited anything of the previous postings but we have coached a few people on where this thread was headed.
Old 10th July 2006, 02:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

How is the quality of the leather Interiors on the Civic?

And are there chances for a Sunroof?
Old 10th July 2006, 08:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Civic does not come with leather seats or subroof.

Though absence of leather is ok, as you can always opt later, but sunroof should have been provided.

Had my own long test drive of Civic this weekend, will post a detailed review in some time.
Old 10th July 2006, 08:52   #90
Team-BHP Support

Went to look at the Civic y'day. Alas the driver was at lunch so could not test drive unless we waited.

Quick summary

Exterior: Stunning from the front. Rear looks like the previous Civic with new lights.
Driving position - seems pretty good
Interior - roof - too low for a 6 footer like me. Roof lining + car interior uphoulstry cheap. Lots of stowage space.
Dash - good looking and plenty of toys but lacks the build integrigy of the OHC - that is built of solid materials
Stereo - never heard it but no mp3/ ipod facility. Sam - time to do your homework and see what you can do to interface and upgrade this system.
Wheels- high profile blunts sleekness - Looked cheap, wheel finish is appalling, th ohc vtec wheels re anyday better - too much rough finishing around the spokes - will get dirty really soon

This is a partial review as I never got it on the road...another day!

Last edited by ajmat : 10th July 2006 at 08:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks