Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2006, 21:52   #91

Go for the silver garnish... it just looks TERRIFIC!
It's stuck with some kinda adhesive... takes some time to stick. In fact mine was the very first car that Divine Honda stuck it on (Civic AT delivered in the 3rd week of Aug).
It gives a solid metallic look to the dash and transforms the otherwise plasticky looks of the dash. It is expensive at Rs.12,000=00 but if you consider the transformation in the looks, it is definitely worth it.
Go for it if budget is not a constraint. In fact now the dash of other civics (not fitted with the garnish) looks very bland and plasticky in comparison... go for it man!
BTW, any got their Civic fitted with xenon headlamps? Please give feedback.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Thanks iraghava. Thats good news to know that its relatively trouble free. I guess i should wait a little longer to book the civic till all issues are resolved with the car.
There could be issues with the auto tranny later on so its best to wait.
Well Vid my guess is that there are not going to be any issues but if there is a problem then it'll be a little difficult to repair. Also just heard from some sources that since AT cars are sold in miniscule numbers so dealers don't stock spares for the AT gearboxes. So finding spares is usually a bigger problem than finding an expert as at times these spares are brought only on order & thus can lead to long down times for the car.
Old 8th November 2006, 19:02   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmastdude
Go for the silver garnish... it just looks TERRIFIC!
It's stuck with some kinda adhesive... takes some time to stick. In fact mine was the very first car that Divine Honda stuck it on (Civic AT delivered in the 3rd week of Aug).
It gives a solid metallic look to the dash and transforms the otherwise plasticky looks of the dash. It is expensive at Rs.12,000=00 but if you consider the transformation in the looks, it is definitely worth it.
Go for it if budget is not a constraint. In fact now the dash of other civics (not fitted with the garnish) looks very bland and plasticky in comparison... go for it man!
thanks a lot for that feedback, i wanted the silver garnish coz since i have a silver dash in my palio sport, the civic dash would look dull to be without the silver finish.thanks, do let me know if it comes out or something as i am expecting delivery around the 20th of this month.
Old 8th November 2006, 19:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roovee
Tifosi, great choice... congrats.
thanks mate, i have had to wait but still i think it will be worth it anywaz i am in london so even with a early delivery i could not drive her...i am comin down in dec so its just perfect for me!!the dealer told me that the accessories are not a prob as they are available now.
Old 8th November 2006, 21:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Civic and RS(Pictorial Comparision)

If you notice closely, you can see the Civic looks more low then the RS. The build quality of the Civic is not that good as you can see on the bumper.

Last edited by BUSA : 8th November 2006 at 21:06.
Old 8th November 2006, 21:24   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Civic and RS(Pictorial Comparision)

If you notice closely, you can see the Civic looks more low then the RS. The build quality of the Civic is not that good as you can see on the bumper.
sorry busa, but mate if that octavia had a similar dent on the bumper, i bet u would say that its a bad driver, when u are comparing two cars can u say that the the car with the dent has a bad built quality, just because it has a dent??
by the way according to me the octavia looks better than the civic from the rear.
Old 8th November 2006, 21:38   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Also just heard from some sources that since AT cars are sold in miniscule numbers so dealers don't stock spares for the AT gearboxes. So finding spares is usually a bigger problem than finding an expert as at times these spares are brought only on order & thus can lead to long down times for the car.
That's a good point iraghava the down time for the car when there is a problem. Even though hondas are very reliable there still will be small issues. Looks like the decision is leaning towards the civic MT in white for me. Until i have the heart to part with my SFXi that is.
i had the option of skoda octy or laura but i find that skoda in bangalore are not too interested in selling their cars very indifferent attitude which i dont take kindly to.

@BUSA: how does the bumper dent show the car's build quality? the bumpers are meant to collapse to absorb the impact. this has happened in my lancer too and I have seen several skoda's with the same thing.
Old 8th November 2006, 22:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Busa, is anyway biased against Civic, so how does rationalization with him matter...
Old 9th November 2006, 00:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

I meant to say the build quality of the Civic is not as good as the Skoda Octavia and there is no denying that fact. Civic is good, i am not saying its bad but some people should accept the facts as they are.
Old 9th November 2006, 10:32   #100
BANNED

Busa, in all fairness, the angle of the photo plays a major role in the preception of ground clearance. The Civic angle is less flattering than the Octy's in your photo.

A bump on the bumper doesn't mean build quality is inferior, it just means someone bumped the car.
Old 9th November 2006, 10:55   #101
Team-BHP Support

Yes and agreed the civic has a low GC. This is not helped by the fact that it has longer wheelbase and hence the underbody does hit bumps.

but, the skoda's no better in GC it also touches almost all bumps which are larger than normal. heck the skoda is the first car i have ever seen hit the front bumper while going down my basement decline. I dont want to mention GC numbers from mags or brochures and bring out a debate since the wheelbase of the cars are differnent and that matters on indian roads.

Also the civic had some small niggling issues when it was launched. quite a few cars do have issues on launch but they get sorted out.
Old 9th November 2006, 11:11   #102
BHPian

Yes, I have seen some of the Octavia's front bumper damaged at the bottom because it hits steep bumpers more easily.

Also, I would guess bumpers are designed to collapse easily. So, Civic's damage is actually a good sign, in my opinion. I have noticed NHC ZX's bumper is so flexible that you can actually try and roll it.
Old 9th November 2006, 19:47   #103

Hi All!
In the photo, the back of the Civic looks somewhat awkward... I own a Civic for the past 3 months now, but have never noticed this on my car. Maybe the camera angle has something to do with it... or maybe there is some distortion in the photo... otherwise a Civic looks much better that RS from any angle.
Old 9th November 2006, 21:53   #104
BHPian

st did u get an extended warrenty on your civic, i am confused so please advice me on that, thanks in advance.
Old 10th November 2006, 10:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

You are right, coolmastdude. As BoomShiva pointed out earlier, it has to do with the camera angle. The Civic is one hell of a looker from any angle - the evil/smirky grin, the curves seen from the side view. And in black it is just awesome.

A bumped-in fender == bad build quality ???
And all these years, I was wrongly assuming that this was the way a bumper should behave on impact.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks