Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 16:54   #136
BHPian

hi everyone, finally my nighthawk black civic was delivered today.
just got a call from my parents saying that they have taken the delivery.
i will be in india by next week and then i shall post pics of my new baby.
for now i`ve got the rear trunk spoiler and front fog lamps. can`t wait to see her.
Old 7th December 2006, 21:15   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Another thing that I dislike is that the Civic has a built in (behind the dash) 6 CD changer. Which, though very decent in itself, does not allow for an upgrade to DVD. If this can be done by a third party, without any warranty isuues, please let me know. And also which head unit systems can be installed in that case. I want LCD screens also to be installed. Going through the only dealer in Rajasthan may be very expensive.
it can be changed out...there is a dash kit out in the US, i dont know if its available in india or anywhere else in asia.
Old 9th December 2006, 10:20   #138

Which Colour

Dear colleagues,

I have finally decided to buy Civic since Safari 2.2 is atleast 6 months away. I love the black colour, but I have always heard that black colour is very difficult to maintain. Can you please help me understand if this is a reality or a myth? Please correct me if I am wrong, some problems associated with black are:
1. Dust & scratches are very prominent
2. Cars gets really hot in summers

Does Anyone has a black Car? If yes what are the maintainance tips
Sorry if this is off tip

Thank You
Old 9th December 2006, 11:58   #139
BANNED

Sorry man, it's not a myth. Black really is the hardest colour to maintain. Every little scratch shows.

But if well maintained, black is also the best looking colour IMO, especially with cars like the Civic.
Old 9th December 2006, 12:08   #140
BHPian

very true a lot of people are ditching skoda (diesel) and going in for a civic. My cousin just bought one and he's really satisfied and happy with it. The leg room, power, interiors (which are brilliant by the way!!) and decent average for a car this size...........all make for a good sales pitch!!!
Old 9th December 2006, 12:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal M View Post
Dear colleagues,
I have finally decided to buy Civic since Safari 2.2 is atleast 6 months away.
Congratulations on the decision Vishal, it's a very good car!

Quote:
I love the black colour, but I have always heard that black colour is very difficult to maintain. Can you please help me understand if this is a reality or a myth?
This is unfortunately a reality especially in our weather & dusty conditions, Black cars do require a bit more TLC than other colours.

Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong, some problems associated with black are:
1. Dust & scratches are very prominent
2. Cars gets really hot in summers
Yes on both points you're right. Scratches really stand out on Black cars & due to our harsh sun (esp in Delhi) the body tends to get pretty hot during the day.

Quote:
Does Anyone has a black Car? If yes what are the maintainance tips
Sorry if this is off tip
Here is an amazing thread by Rudra on car maintenance & also tips on what colours need what kind of TLC. And just for the record Rudra himself has two black cars so he explains it best
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-clean.html
Old 9th December 2006, 12:18   #142
BHPian

2800kms in one week

Got my new BLACK Civic MT on 29th Nov, and i was in a funny trouble right from day 1. I wanted to take the car for my engagement in Kakinada on Dec 6th (1800kms to and fro) and so needed to complete the 1000kms over the same weekend, so that i could give the car for servicing. and hence made a trip to a place just before Calicut. I finished the calicut trip, gave the car for its first service in just 5 days, and then made the 1800 kms trip. Here are my notes :

1. the car is damn smoother than the older city, especially upto 140 kmph
2. curves and turns are handled with great comfort for both the driver and rear passengers.
3. the back suspension seems to give out a "thud" sound over small humps or pot-holes at speeds above 80-90 kmph. but the rear passengers denied feeling any uncomfortness.
4. the AC is really very quick.

One one -ve point :

I had received the car with mis-aligned wheels because of which the steering had bad vibrations at speeds above 110kmph. A mechanic at the service centre told me that this was the usual complaint from all Civic Owners. I wonder why they arent fixing it.

One doubt :

I didnt find any rear passenger AC ducts. Are they really there ? The dealer said that Civic doesnt have them, but then ST7677 shows the picture of them !!!!
Old 9th December 2006, 14:31   #143
Team-BHP Support

weird why would they not balance the wheels. Are they misaligned or aot of alignment.

The rear ac ducts are below the front seats on the floor.
Old 9th December 2006, 14:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of niggling problems with the civic. Granted it is a complete revamp, so there are bound to be some glitches. But surprisingly in spite of these, the car is selling very well. I guess indians have some faith in honda...

The rear passengers do not feel any discomfort (even though there may be some thumps) because there is very little body roll. It would certainly help a lot in reducing car sickness.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 9th December 2006 at 14:50.
Old 9th December 2006, 16:02   #145
BHPian

I dont know if i should call it as mis-aligned or out-of-alignment for a brand new car. The dealer got the problem fixed during the first service, and the car was pretty good at speeds upto 145kmph.

Any photos of Civic with a rear spoiler from Honda?

Any suggestions on modifications for the head-lights ? i was feeling that at speeds like 120+ kmph, i needed to see more.

And lastly, any pointers for viewing any of the "Mugen" material in bangalore ?
Old 9th December 2006, 17:53   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations on the decision Vishal, it's a very good car!
Thank You. Team BHP has played a very big role in my decision.I would have bought the 3 lt Safari 2 months back had I not been a part of team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Here is an amazing thread by Rudra on car maintenance & also tips on what colours need what kind of TLC. And just for the record Rudra himself has two black cars so he explains it best
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-clean.html
This indeed is a very good thread. Actually now I am motivated to go ahead with the Black colour as I can use all the tips mentioned by Rudra to maintain it :o)
Old 13th December 2006, 19:32   #147
Senior - BHPian

Initial Quality survey...
"The Honda Civic on the other hand ranked highest in the premium midsize car segment, recording the fewest problem in the industry at 60PP 100. "

How does J D Power survey work?

Buying a car after so many years, I was expecting to be contacted by these guys for some kind of survey. None of the people I know of, who have bought a car recently have been approached for any such survey. So I am now wondering how does this thing work? Any ideas?
Old 17th December 2006, 09:18   #148
BHPian

Vibrations

I too faced this problem of vibration when I took a weekend drive to Mysore. Exactly around 100-110kmph.
When I took it for servicing a few days later it was diaganosed as wheel alignment problem.
A few weeks later on another trip to Mysore there was no vibration even at 140! (thats the max I am going to go anyway!)
As you can see I need very little convincing to take a long drive these days! This car is really good.
Old 17th December 2006, 19:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

This is true, lot of Civics have initial wheel alignment problem.
Even my car used to have steering vibrate at 70 kmph but got fixed during 1st service.

Now I write this message from Mysore, on way back from Kemmangundi. This is my second trip to Mysor this week. First one I did alone and clocked 170 kmph very easily, the car still had steam left for more.
This time I am with 5 people and a ton of Ice. But as this was at night and the car was fully loaded I kept myself below 150 kmph.
Imagine the car quietly does 120 kmph at 3K RPM, whereas the red line starts from 7K RPM!!!

The breaking is very stable at even those high speeds, but you really feel the need to upgrade the tires at those speeds.

The best part is that even at 140 kmph in overdrive gear, when you push the throttle you can feel the fresh burst of power coming in
Old 18th December 2006, 11:29   #150
Senior - BHPian

I met a neighbour who has an AT civic (do not know him very well) and just casually asked what city mileage he was getting. When he said 12km/l my jaw dropped. He admitted maybe he was 'lucky' but did 40km each way. Perhaps he is not using AC (I think he is a smoker), but still 12 with AT? My Swift is not giving me more than 11 with AC (but short drives).

Most Viewed