Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:50   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Interesting... on the day of the tbhp meet, there was not a soul in sight and the place has excellent visibility... you can see a couple of kms easily and it has guard rails on the sides. Most of us were speed testing on that stretch. Thanks for the warning though. Shall keep it in mind.
Yes, there is one inviting stretch after Krishnagiri till Bargur byepass and till the first railway overbridge !! I've also ripped there, but just be aware. Best is to straddle the two lanes, so that you have place to manoeuvre either way. I did read the Yelagiri meet reports. I guess it was a weekend and early morning. So probably it was ok. :-)
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:18   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Yeah How much did it cost?

When I bought my car I was told it is around 5k, which I thought was a total rip off. All it has is probably couple of LEDs (which cost less than Rs. 10 each) and some decent wiring tapping into the dome light...
Right ST, It costs 5K (Whitefield Honda) and I thought it would be some awesome and Big LED and all that. In the end it was a set of 3 LED's (size of a 2 Rupee coin I think) and a neat looking switch next to the Head light aligner.

But whatever said, it does look really cool in the Night, best enjoyed from
the middle rear seat :-)
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:35   #288
BHPian

yes guys i just love the paddle shift i dont miss the MT at all..well its very confusing what to choose but with paddleshift u have best of both the worlds...well just had a small race with a MT civic i was still ahead left him way behind....the car has amazing power man..guys i have all new cars now well santro AT 06, verna crdi 06 ,, sx4 vxi 07, civic AT 07 ...but driving the civic is something else...i feel iam in the f1 league..yes brett will post pics soon
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:11   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..but driving the civic is something else...i feel iam in the f1 league..
Exactly, You summarized it so well in one line
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:18   #290
Senior - BHPian

ST, how much did the leather seats cost? How's the maintenance? Without AC does it stick or feel uncomfortable sitting on leather seats.

Any other issues, positives are welcome. I'm trying to make up my mind on Leathers.
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:28   #291
Senior - BHPian

It costed my about 45k for the Nappa leather from Stanley.
It's quiet soft and very comfortable, very easy to maintain (I have got two toddlers).

One caution, Nappa leather is not meant for rough use, it can get easily torn if abused (some luggage dumped on seat with some metal poking out). Else I guess it is good, comfortable and durable for personal use.
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:40   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
It costed my about 45k for the Nappa leather from Stanley.
It's quiet soft and very comfortable, very easy to maintain (I have got two toddlers).

One caution, Nappa leather is not meant for rough use, it can get easily torn if abused (some luggage dumped on seat with some metal poking out). Else I guess it is good, comfortable and durable for personal use.
Thanks for the reply. I guess then Nappa wouldn't do. I got a whole bunch of friends who jump in and out. They're worse than my kid. :-) I'll look for the other options.

Looks like Stanley is the only option in team-bhp. I haven't seen anyone comment about Ovion.
Old 3rd August 2007, 19:05   #293
Senior - BHPian

There are cheaper leather options available in half the price, (which BTW is what is supplied on most high-end cars as OEM leather), they are durable and are also used in taxis. But they neither have the texture, visual appeal or the comfort equivalent of the Nappa Leather.
Old 5th August 2007, 13:16   #294
BHPian

Mixed Feelings Again!

Mixed feelings again :-(. My troubles so far with my Baby.

1. There was this irritating sound while closing the front door. Got it
fixed (looks like while fitting the front speakers there was some problem).

2. Everyday morning when I take car, there is a Thuk or Tak sound under the car when I release the Hand Brake and move :-(. Don't know what this is. Since I park in the basement, I can hear this sound clearly.

3. Latest problem. So far I thought the visibility was low in the night and during rains and the head light was so dull. Today when I was parking in the basement the Power went off and I switched on the head light. To my horror it was so dull. I got down and saw the front head lights and Lo!!!! the big bulbs are not burning at all (both high and low beams) :-( :-(.

4. This Baby hates to go slow :-(

5. The Beige seats are looking cheaper day by day :-(

I am sad that such high standard cars have such problems but happy at least these are fixable problems. The Whitefield Honda guy promised to get this fixed tomorrow.

Happy & Sad!
Old 6th August 2007, 16:16   #295
BHPian

Please Help!

Just back from the dealer (Whitefield Honda). I got a very polite answer that the Civic's headlamp is 45W to 60W and thatz the maximum power it can generate. They even gave me a demo of a new car and I was shocked to see that. 'coz to my eyes the power of the headlight look equivalent to a Park Light!!

They said, if I change the wattage or go for Xenon the warranty will be broken. They claim that no other Civic owner has complained on this.

Can you suggest something? I really can't see anything in the Night, but with the High beam on I can manage.

Please help!
Old 6th August 2007, 18:01   #296
Senior - BHPian

Interesting problem. I have V-kool sunfilm on the front windscreen and that effectively reduces visibility to 70%. Even with that I've not had a problem with the headlights. On the two lane highways or in narrow roads when the other idiot has the high beam on, that's when there is a problem. However using highbeam sort of solves it coz I found the Civic's highbeam pretty neat. Most of them immediately dip. Fog lamps adds a bit more also especially visibility on the sides.

Yes if you change to 100 you'll have to fit a relay I think. If there's a short then there's no warranty. Btw legal limit is 60W (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 6th August 2007, 21:18   #297
Senior - BHPian

Something interesting I noticed. In the US, the HOnda CIvic automatic has a higher EPA rating for fuel-economy than the manual.
Old 7th August 2007, 05:03   #298
BHPian

yes i just got average of 10.5 and the car has just finished 1st service so its amazing for a civic AT
Old 7th August 2007, 09:42   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
yes i just got average of 10.5 and the car has just finished 1st service so its amazing for a civic AT
:O 10.5 for an automatic?? Can any of the MT guys out there put a figure on the forum for the fuel economy that they got?
Old 7th August 2007, 11:22   #300
BHPian

FE changes with the style of driving.

my MT returns :
in city bumper-to-bumper -> 9kmpl
in city good drives -> 10 kmpl
long rides smooth drives -> 13-14 kmpl
long rides rev happy -> 9kmpl

the AC is on 100% of the times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks