Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 23:07   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
it costed me 4000/- and got it fitted from honda dealer only without effecting honda warranty and there is warranty on sensors too.i have two in front and four in rear and it gives distance indication of upto 60 cms ahead abd 1.5 meters behind and beeps continuously at 30 cm distance.yes tyre pressure sensor seems to be good idea but have'nt heard/seen anywhere.
How do they look from outside. I mean is there any visual sign of the sensors being fitted?? are they visible?? Can you submit pics of the fitting please? Which brand? (Is it a set of 6, or 4 and 2 of different sets?)
Old 27th August 2007, 02:48   #422
VKJ
BHPian

Thanks Subbarp..
I have a very basic doubt, what do you people mean by parallel parking? i have attached a small sketch for visual understanding. I usually have problems in performing Picture 2. I need tips here please...

----->
------>
------> Picture:1

|
1 |
|
V
Picture:2
2 |
|
V

3 |
|
|
V
Old 27th August 2007, 05:25   #423
BHPian

yes bro they are small rings and u get them in colours, i have white colour coz my civic is white...i have 4 at back and 2 in front...and a new mirror fits your current one whr it shows u the distance and warning sounds..it even says stop stop when u r too close..i think every D segment car needs it... very handy must say... i dnt need to look back all the time coz i rely on the parking sensor. bro the sensors also have lights in them when u reversing they blink blue and red when very close to object its shows red colour

Last edited by jeetu4444 : 27th August 2007 at 05:34.
Old 27th August 2007, 10:16   #424
BHPian

Jeetu / Merrains!! what is the brand? My dealer at Jaipur is not offering anys such thing. Where can I source it from and who installs it? My car is the Bluish Silver colour. Warranty etc. of car and sensor set?

Can I also get the fog lamps fitted outside as the dealer is too costly? Again where is it available? Warranty issues?

Please do inform. Thanks
Old 27th August 2007, 10:19   #425
BHPian

This is the letter I have just written (again) to Honda India. Lets see what they do. I have faxed it to their office and also sent it to their customer care.

To,
The Chairman / President
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.
Plot No. A-1, Sector 40/ 41
Surajpur-Kasna Road
Greater Noida Industrial Development Area
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar
U.P. 201 306

Dear Sir,

I am writing in continuation of my earlier letters detailing my problems with the rear suspension. On Sunday I had called up Mr. Adil of Pink City Honda (your Jaipur Dealer) to enquire for some accessories. On that call I was told that Mr. Bhutani your Regional Service head would be coming to Jaipur on 29th and 30th of August, and I should get the car (CIVIC RJ 01 CA 2095) there so that he himself can verify the problems. I must again remind you that I live in Ajmer which is 135 KM away from Jaipur. It is not practical for me to get the defective car every time as per your convenience. This I have been detailing in my earlier leters also.

I have requested for Mr. Bhutani to please come and inspect the car at Ajmer itself when he came to Jaipur the last time. If you will go through my earlier letters you shall see that I had requested that the Civic be checked up by a HONDA company person (and not just another faraway dealer mechanic) at Delhi when I was there from 4th to 6th August. My car has already been to the workshop in Jaipur for different works including services 6-7 times already, since I took delivery. No work has been done regarding the rear suspension noise, which I had pointed out on the 1st service at 1000 km itself, in Oct.2006.

Even now You are again requiring the car to be got to Jaipur at your convenience to repair or check a defective car (EVEN AFTER 11 MONTHS??). Is this justified?? Do I have to keep driving a defective car or run from pillar to post to get the problem rectified?? Is it not the Company’s duty to get the defects removed at the earliest (11 months now)?

Earlier also when Mr. Bhutani was there at Jaipur, Mr. Adil had scheduled for their Service team (Which was on it's way back from Jodhpur / Udaipur) to change my rear shock absorbers and right wiper blade, at Ajmer itself. These he was supposed to send with some person who was enroute to Jodhpur. This was not done on mr Bhutani's instructions since he said he would like to see the car himself. The service team on reaching Ajmer had called me up enquiring about the parts. But the delership had not informed me that they had cancelled the delivery of the parts (rear shock absorbers and wiper blade, which they did not have in stock on the 7th of Aug. when the car was there at the workshop for service). I had to enquire personally to get this information.

I must tell you that I am already scheduled to go to Jaipur on the 31st of August and 2nd & 3rd of August, these dates cannot be changed. I can take this car to the workshop on any of these visits. It may not be possible for me to get the car to Jaipur on 29th or 30th and then again on 31st and again on 2nd & 3rd. This is VERY IMPRACTICAL. I can not upset my scedules this way for just a defective car.

I must point out to you that you have changed the engine mountings at 5000 km (due to rear suspension noise??), Changed 2 rear tyres (where I have been pointing out a suspension defect from day 1) due to uneven wear (IRIVER wear) at 17000 km, but not done anything to the basic underlying problem of the defective rear suspension.

I think, if possible, Mr.Bhutani Can delay his trip by 1 day so that he can check my car and get the required work done on the 31st Aug, when I have to go to Jaipur anyway.

I request you to please find an urgent solution to my problem so that the defctive car can be checked and repaired at the earliest, and no further inconvenience is caused to me.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely,

Sandeep Garg

(Alankar Marble & Granites)

Ph.: 9828053012

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 27th August 2007 at 10:26.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:10   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Jeetu / Merrains!! what is the brand? My dealer at Jaipur is not offering anys such thing. Where can I source it from and who installs it? My car is the Bluish Silver colour. Warranty etc. of car and sensor set?Can I also get the fog lamps fitted outside as the dealer is too costly? Again where is it available? Warranty issues?
Please do inform. Thanks
Alankarm, jeetu is right , they are small rings about an inch and u'll get them in same colour of yous car,set of 8 or 6,i have 6 ,4 at the back and 2 in the front and a new mirror fitted your existing rear view mirror .it shows you the distance/different color lights upto 60 cm in front and 1.5 meters in rear and beeps and when close by 30 cms ,it beeps continuosly.i got it fixed by the dealer at coimbatore,brand is xenos and warranty by xenos and not by honda.i am doing my home work for after market fogs,my friends told me it costs around 6k in delhi market,would keep you informed when i get to know.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:27   #427
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep - Seems like you've been given a lot of trouble with the Civic. Let me see if I can get you some direct contact to bombard with emails/phone calls regarding this problem. Have you been in touch with anybody from the Delhi/Noida office yet?
Old 27th August 2007, 11:35   #428
BHPian

Dear BHPians, please clarify these doubts of mine regarding civic MT:-

1. does the car lock in auto if you dont lock it manually/using remote key ?

2. In my car the yellow light on button for circulation with in car on AC control panel remains on always, even if the AC/blower is not on,is this is normal or a problem ?
Old 27th August 2007, 18:23   #429
VKJ
BHPian

Folks, anyone who has availed car loan, please let me know which bank is better. Also is there a difference between personal loans versus car loan say for a small amount/medium amt./large amt. Appreciate any response.
Old 27th August 2007, 18:51   #430
Senior - BHPian

Just go for any Nationalised Bank and not a private bank - if at a later stage you decide to pay off the loan before the proposed time, you will be paying lesser interest as compared to a private bank.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:30   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Folks, anyone who has availed car loan, please let me know which bank is better. Also is there a difference between personal loans versus car loan say for a small amount/medium amt./large amt. Appreciate any response.
Car loan rates: 9~11%
Personal loan rates: 14~20%

SBI is good bet. Nothing like it if you know the Bank Manager.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:31   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
Dear BHPians, please clarify these doubts of mine regarding civic MT:-

1. does the car lock in auto if you dont lock it manually/using remote key ?
No it does not lock automatically. This is to prevent someone from locking their keys in. However if you have unlocked the car and have not opened any doors, then it locks automatically after a minute. I think this is pretty much standard with most centralized locking system.

Quote:
2. In my car the yellow light on button for circulation with in car on AC control panel remains on always, even if the AC/blower is not on,is this is normal or a problem ?

Yes. this is normal.

Last edited by csentil : 27th August 2007 at 19:35.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:31   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Subbarp..
I have a very basic doubt, what do you people mean by parallel parking? i have attached a small sketch for visual understanding. I usually have problems in performing Picture 2. I need tips here please...

----->
------>
------> Picture:1

|
1 |
|
V
Picture:2
2 |
|
V

3 |
|
|
V
Please post in appropriate thread. And your representation is confusing.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:33   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VKJ, there is a separate thread, in fact several threads on car loans. Please do a search for them. You will get all the appropriate information there. People will also respond better there.

There is a lot of difference between personal and car loans. Please search for them.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:05   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sandeep - Seems like you've been given a lot of trouble with the Civic. Let me see if I can get you some direct contact to bombard with emails/phone calls regarding this problem. Have you been in touch with anybody from the Delhi/Noida office yet?
Yes!!

Their Regional Service head Mr. Bhutani. In fact today after my fax to their factory and feedback to their 1to1, there was again a call (as usual) from the dealer at Jaipur. They again asked me to send the car on 29th or 30th Aug. to Jaipur for Mr Bhutani's inspection. They don't it seems have the authority to do anything without his go ahead, even if the customer suffers. I think Honda doesn't care. I don't think they even read the letters we send or fax to them. They just have standard responses.

HOW DO I GET MY CAR REPAIRED or do I go the legal way with the Honda persons and also involve the Media? Some of my best friends own large circulation dailies like the Dainik Navjyoti in Rajasthan.

HOW DO I GET THE HONDA PERSONS TO MOVE THEIR ..... PRONTO??

HELP

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 27th August 2007 at 20:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks