Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 13:35   #511
BANNED

NHC VTEC has been launched ABS & AirBags. Could somebody tell the virtues of Civic MT over a NHC VTEC now?
Old 14th September 2007, 05:24   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
NHC VTEC has been launched ABS & AirBags. Could somebody tell the virtues of Civic MT over a NHC VTEC now?
The Civic is leagues ahead of the NHC, with better chassy, suspension, engine, braking system, just because both have ABS and Airbags doesnot mean we can compare them, even Swift ZXi comes with all that.
Old 14th September 2007, 09:06   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a question on AT paddle shifters - wouldn't it be better if AT came with regular stick shift in sports mode (without clutch of course). How does one paddle shift in a hurry on a steep curve (U bend etc...). I enjoy agressive driving on winding roads (ghat sections) and my left hand is always on the gear lever. Not sure if I can be that efficient with the steering wheel mounted paddles...these paddles will continuously change their positions as the steering keeps turning frantically so my fingures will just keep searching for the right paddle....

Any thoughts ?
AT owners, please shre your experience.
Old 17th September 2007, 14:52   #514
BHPian

Sorry for intruding into this thread but I was somehow unable to open a new thread...

Help!! I need to decide on a car between Civic and Accord. I know they are different segments, I know they are differently powered, I know they are just so different but still... I need to decide. I would be stretching for the Accord (that was the understatement of the century) but am smitten by it. Civic too has smitten me. Performance is what worries me. Accord (it has to be the 2.4 so please do not rub salt into my wounds by telling me about the sterling performance of V6) is 142bhp. Is that sufficient power for its size? Also the new accord does it have tubeless tires? Is it worth stretching oneself for considering that the other option is Civic?
Also more importantly is there a new accord hitting india soon? Please advise...

<<Mods if this be the wrong place to post this please do advise where to go. Am unable to start a new thread>>
Old 17th September 2007, 15:58   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
This is exactly what I have been complaining about. Since I have done 23000+ km now, (not using the Civic as regularly now), I can tell you the suspension will give problems. I have already had 2 rear tyres replaced under warranty, due to Iriver wear, at 16000 km (uneven wear). This type of wear is due to suspension problems normally. It is a very uneven wear (not just excessive, but very uneven).
its OT i think but i wanted to ask what is Iriver wear btw?

Civic owners could you please comment on the discussion i read in some other thread, Does civic lack low end grunt and if yes how serious is it? is it comfortable driving a civic on slopes? and what about the much discussed ground clearance?
Old 17th September 2007, 16:01   #516
Senior - BHPian

The freak,
The present Civic is very much comparable and good VFM compared to the present Accord. Power wise 132 for Civic and 142 for Accord does not give you an advantage in Accord because that is a heavier car. FE wise Civic also Civic is obviously much better than Accord.

Inspite of it's small exterior, Interior rear leg room in Civic is only 2 cm less than accord, which is not really perceptible. Internal width is almost identical. You will only get some additional boot space in accord.

The all new Accord is coming here next year. If you really want to go for Accord wait for the new model to be launched, but it will be priced above the current model so may not fit in your budget.

IMO, if you drive yourself you should not go for anything bigger than Civic/Laura, Accord etc are fine only if you have a chauffeur, else parking can become a big pain.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:07   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on AT paddle shifters - wouldn't it be better if AT came with regular stick shift in sports mode (without clutch of course). How does one paddle shift in a hurry on a steep curve (U bend etc...).
The idea with paddle shift is that you keep both your hands on the steering wheel and still be able to shift the gears
Old 17th September 2007, 16:27   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does civic lack low end grunt and if yes how serious is it?
This has already been discussed in this thread. The car is not as responsive at low (below 2k RPM), but still it cannot be termed as slow in any comparison. Beyond that take a test drive and make your own conclusion.

Quote:
is it comfortable driving a civic on slopes?
Now why would that be a problem? There is 17.5 kg torque available, which is amongst highest in the petrol segment!

Quote:
and what about the much discussed ground clearance?
Yes it is low, but that's it. It is not bad enough that you can't live with it.
There are cars with much lower GC, and there are also people who are further lowering their Civic (in India).
Already discussed in lot of detail, both here and in a separate thread, pl use search.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:30   #519
BHPian

SORRY ST7677...

Seem to be a bit annoyed by my Questions

Did not do the HW (i.e. search the thread) my mistake
Old 17th September 2007, 16:52   #520
BHPian

CIvic recall (global)

Business standard (Sep 17) mentions of a Global Civic recall of over 1.8 L vehicles for a wheel bearing seal. The indian version is still being assesed for. Have any of you heard more?

-Neel
Old 17th September 2007, 17:19   #521
BHPian

Gosh .. thats a bad news

Hope it does not turn out to be a yet another NOKIA and first and foremost does not happen for Indian Civics
Old 17th September 2007, 23:59   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
its OT i think but i wanted to ask what is Iriver wear btw?

Civic owners could you please comment on the discussion i read in some other thread, Does civic lack low end grunt and if yes how serious is it? is it comfortable driving a civic on slopes? and what about the much discussed ground clearance?
Iriver wear according to the tyre company persons is not just excess wear but uneven wear (wavy). Due to the camber in tyres this is normally on the inside of the tyres and not on the visible side. This is normally the fault of the suspensions and not the tyres, I was told.

GC can be very troublesome and so can the suspension noise and the thud u feel and hear at the suspension bottoming out at the slighest of potholes. VERY UNNERVING AND EMBARASSING. These both are more pronounced when the boot has some stuff laden in it (60-70 kg) and there are at least 3-4 people (adults) in the car. Even otherwise these problems can be felt in the CIVIC.

I feel the suspension and tyres of the Civic are due to give you problems in Indian conditions. (you have to see the Civic with Overdrive Mag. at 20000 km to see the tyres)

If yo have perfect roads like in the USA then I would suggest that you do go in for the CIVIC. For Indian conditions this CIVIC (more tuned to American conditions) needs to be more Indianised.

The pickup of the CIVIC upto the 2-2500 RPM mark (where the most regular driving is anyway), the FE and the driveability in city with least gear changes is much better in the Corolla.

Civic is for a smooth open road. Then it comes into its own. Oh yes it is very sexy inside out.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 18th September 2007 at 00:04.
Old 18th September 2007, 05:45   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Sorry for intruding into this thread but I was somehow unable to open a new thread...

Help!! I need to decide on a car between Civic and Accord. I know they are different segments, I know they are differently powered, I know they are just so different but still... I need to decide. I would be stretching for the Accord (that was the understatement of the century) but am smitten by it. Civic too has smitten me. Performance is what worries me. Accord (it has to be the 2.4 so please do not rub salt into my wounds by telling me about the sterling performance of V6) is 142bhp. Is that sufficient power for its size? Also the new accord does it have tubeless tires? Is it worth stretching oneself for considering that the other option is Civic?
Also more importantly is there a new accord hitting india soon? Please advise...

<<Mods if this be the wrong place to post this please do advise where to go. Am unable to start a new thread>>
hey freak, i went thru the same when i was planing a car, well i was deciding between accord , laura and civic, i test drove all 3 . well accord was nice but too big for me as i drive myself, and laura was amazing with its gizmos and all but a little cramp for me in the front seat and i felt it was not worth the money i was spending and engine not that powerful...( i have verna crdi 110 bhp) CIVIC was mind blowing, its interiors were like spaceship, i felt i was driving some future generation car. the car had a great road presence, was sporty and i went for paddle shift which i love the most, at times ( basiclly best of both worlds ) the engine has enough power. i just fell in love with the civic. CIVIC size is the perfect for me, big but not too big.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:31   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, I called Deccan Honda on the pretext of the recent announcement by Honda on new models to check if there will be a Civic with Lumbar Support.

The answer was - Why do you need lumbar support? Honda seats are the best in the world.

Attitude Honda....
Now why am I not surprised at this response?

In their arrogance don't these guys realise how foolish they sound?!
Old 21st September 2007, 15:00   #525
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
Business standard (Sep 17) mentions of a Global Civic recall of over 1.8 L vehicles for a wheel bearing seal. The indian version is still being assesed for. Have any of you heard more?

-Neel
I saw a ticker on CNBC y'day that Indian Civics were not affected.

VBV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks