Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 17:32   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
VFM is your own opinion. If you like the additional stuff and can pay for it, then go for it.
You can always get stuff aftermarket, but then the resale will take care of the difference, why bother...
Good point. Also feels good to own the top end variant.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:39   #632
Senior - BHPian

congrats "thefreak" (feels funny to call someone freak !!) Welcome to the club. Man, the civic club is growing leaps and bounds.

I got the S and got the Fogs done from Honda, the leather from Ovion. I didn't care too much for the ORVM with indicators. I'm sure with Bangalore's traffic I'll get hit on the ORVM by a two wheeler (already happened). And with a six mp3 CD changer I don't want to connect an ipod in my car and leave it there.

Just take care with the fogs if you are getting them from outside. Get it done from a competent fella. Btw if we fit fogs from outside do they put the switch on the indicator/headlight stalk or does it come like a switch on the dashboard.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:04   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
You guys are ******* lucky.

In Bangalore we pay 12% for road tax!

VFM is your own opinion. If you like the additional stuff and can pay for it, then go for it.
You can always get stuff aftermarket, but then the resale will take care of the difference, why bother...
I bought V MT for 13.8L. Bangalore Road tax is too high. My experience is that aftermarket fitments are not a good idea since it is fitted by unskilled people, you end up with poor wiring/ shaky door panels etc...

Stanley Nappa leather is better in quality but definitely costlier too, years back for my Palio GTX I spent Rs 35K for Stanley Nappa but ended up in one shaky door panel which they could not fix. The difference you pay for V series is definitely worth since it is factory fitted by qualified technicial and gone through quality checks after it. So do not compromise if you are quality consicious.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:56   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomythomas View Post
I bought V MT for 13.8L. Bangalore Road tax is too high. My experience is that aftermarket fitments are not a good idea since it is fitted by unskilled people, you end up with poor wiring/ shaky door panels etc...

Stanley Nappa leather is better in quality but definitely costlier too, years back for my Palio GTX I spent Rs 35K for Stanley Nappa but ended up in one shaky door panel which they could not fix. The difference you pay for V series is definitely worth since it is factory fitted by qualified technicial and gone through quality checks after it. So do not compromise if you are quality consicious.
Thanks a ton guys for all your inputs. 1.8V MT it is. Gunning for a 21st October Delivery of the vehicle
Old 10th October 2007, 13:06   #635
Senior - BHPian

Yes no matter what Stanley claims, factory fitted seems a much better option than sticking leather on existing upholstery and fouling the looks (do the aftermarket guys take out the original fabric upholstery and then install leather). Other trims add to the appearance. If you can afford it, go for V.
Old 10th October 2007, 13:56   #636
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Thanks a ton guys for all your inputs. 1.8V MT it is. Gunning for a 21st October Delivery of the vehicle
Congrats's , you've finalize the deal yet ? if so how much does it's cost you (OTR)?(If possible tell me OTR of 1.8s M .
Old 10th October 2007, 14:06   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes no matter what Stanley claims, factory fitted seems a much better option than sticking leather on existing upholstery and fouling the looks (do the aftermarket guys take out the original fabric upholstery and then install leather).

That is not always true...
I have got Nappa Leather from Stanley done in Banaglore, and the fit is even better than the factory fitted one. But of course I got lot of it done under personal supervision.

Moreover, in after market there are variety of options in design and weave pattern you get to choose from.
Most factory cars including Civic use low end leather (because it is cheap and also because it is more rugged - durable, but not as comfortable or elegant as Nappa).

At the same time I have seen lot of minor issues with after market fitments like door panels not fitting properly, some fitments / clips being broken while removing the seat, scratches to the car, etc, etc... (that is why I gave it a personal supervision for my car).

After market leather is put after removing the fabric upholstery.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:19   #638
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ST7677;590502]That is not always true...
I have got Nappa Leather from Stanley done in Banaglore, and the fit is even better than the factory fitted one. But of course I got lot of it done under personal supervision.

Moreover, in after market there are variety of options in design and weave pattern you get to choose from.
Most factory cars including Civic use low end leather (because it is cheap and also because it is more rugged - durable, but not as comfortable or elegant as Nappa).

At the same time I have seen lot of minor issues with after market fitments like door panels not fitting properly, some fitments / clips being broken while removing the seat, scratches to the car, etc, etc... (that is why I gave it a personal supervision for my car).

People may have a different opinion Apparently, you did spend a lot of time at Stanley sales (they told the same thing to me about getting leather done at Stanley but same issues about minor fitments). Although Stanley can definitely be considered the best in aftermarket, I am at peace with the original factory leather fitments in my Corolla H4.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:43   #639
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you.

Just that the stock leather on Corolla or Civic (or even Accord / Camry/Superb) is quiet low end leather. It's basically the starting range of leather on all these cars.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:55   #640
Senior - BHPian

How long before externally fitted leather seats start showing problems. I've not had any issues so far and its been 3 months+ now. Did it in Ovion. Worked out to be 36K including trims.
Old 10th October 2007, 16:03   #641
Senior - BHPian

There should not be any issues/differences compared to stock fitments.

It mostly depends on how well they are taken care of and used / misused...

More details on leather should be discussed in leather thread please... Otherwise mods will give this thread another whack
Old 10th October 2007, 16:10   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Congrats's , you've finalize the deal yet ? if so how much does it's cost you (OTR)?(If possible tell me OTR of 1.8s M .
11.54 lakhs give or take a few rupees. Will make the payment over the weekend and collect the car on 21st. The waiting period is maximum of two to three days (the amount of time it takes to get the car delivered from the Greater Noida plant to Noida)
Old 10th October 2007, 16:20   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
11.54 lakhs give or take a few rupees. Will make the payment over the weekend and collect the car on 21st. The waiting period is maximum of two to three days (the amount of time it takes to get the car delivered from the Greater Noida plant to Noida)
Guys in Delhi are really really lucky. Drove a Civic S - AT in Bangalore yesterday. Ride was excellent but price is a lot more than Delhi. OTR, S-MT costs 13.15 lacs and S-AT 13.9 lacs.
Old 10th October 2007, 16:56   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrs View Post
Guys in Delhi are really really lucky. Drove a Civic S - AT in Bangalore yesterday. Ride was excellent but price is a lot more than Delhi. OTR, S-MT costs 13.15 lacs and S-AT 13.9 lacs.
You still get a 1.8S - AT? I thought they were discontinued. Which dealer in Bangalore?
Old 10th October 2007, 17:52   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
You still get a 1.8S - AT? I thought they were discontinued. Which dealer in Bangalore?
I went to test drive the Civic about a couple of weeks back and till then it was definitely in the market. Any subsequent withdrawls I do not know about but the dealer here seems to be ready to sell the 1.8S AT.. I enquired about the colors and he said that the colors can be made available in that model so I guess they must be being manufactured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks