Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:48   #601
VMG
BHPian

Noise while using wiper; mentioned by Neil in this section.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:34   #602
Senior - BHPian

OMG where is this thread heading to...
I bet the next issue raised in Civic will be a tyre puncture faced by someone...

Old 3rd October 2007, 13:54   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Civic seems to have come close to beating the Safari in terms of problems reported...
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:17   #604
Senior - BHPian

A.S.S. & Dealer is a problem with the Civic? What next? Adulterated fuel in petrol bunks is also an issue?

I don't have a single complaint against my dealer. He calls & reminds for services proactively. Has helpful suggestions. Has done some minor repair free of charge. Very courteous. Its dealer specific. It has nothing to do with the car. It has everything to do with the dealer. If there's only one dealer in a town and he's bad then I'm sorry....

I think things are being put under a microscope here. I agree shelling out 13+ lakhs for a car means looking into all details. Now I'm going to get paranoid and start listening to any squeaks my car might make !!!
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:55   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
OMG where is this thread heading to...
I bet the next issue raised in Civic will be a tyre puncture faced by someone...

Yeah... poor tyre qualities are a hallmark of all Hondas in India and the service shop guys are just not upto mending punctures. Do they even know the basics?
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:03   #606
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

This topic is seriously going off course. Let us stick to key issues and not one-off complaints unless it pertains to ST7677 vehicle. I will be cleaning this thread up
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:39   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Now this is a new one, at least I have not heard before.... Has any one else faced this???
Nope, not on mine anyway. But if I remember ACI correctly the very first batch of Civics in India had this issue, something to do about the engine's mounting not correct or something like this which caused the rattling from the front.

When I took delivery of mine, I made it a point to question in detail and get a statement that these had been fixed.

What's with the tyres anyway, I have always received good grip on fast corners even when strewn with some gravel (of course the ABS+EBD was always useful - came in to play thrice) , never lost the front ...so far.......... touchwood

Note : I upgraded from 13ers from Apollo Amazer on the Indica to Bridgestone 15ers on the Civic and I know how the front tyres squeal on the Indica (always reminds me about the car chase on Bullit) on fast turns on good tarmac even at 40-50 kmph
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:47   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to change the title and catagory of the thread as well - should it now say "long term ownership report - Civic" ?
Old 4th October 2007, 19:30   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Noise while using wiper; mentioned by Neil in this section.
I have also had the wiper blades replaced (under warranty) due to chatter marks and noise. I have reported the same earlier on this forum.
Old 4th October 2007, 19:35   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
I have also had the wiper blades replaced (under warranty) due to chatter marks and noise. I have reported the same earlier on this forum.
Hope your windshield is OK (I mean no minor scratches that are permanent)...
Old 4th October 2007, 19:42   #611
BANNED

Civic has 'Opposed Flat-Blade Type'.

Opposed wipers
The wipers cover area of 1.337 meter square covering around 17% more area than conventional wipers.

Flat-blade
  • The simple and thin blades effectively reduce wind noises
  • The clear-cut design makes even the wipers look advanced.
  • During driving in a snowy weather, this blades are free from snow-cake thus the blades keep a clear view.
Designed arms
With the flat blades, the arms look streamlined and advanced

Civic wipers in action !!

I wonder how effective these are.
Old 5th October 2007, 00:40   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hope your windshield is OK (I mean no minor scratches that are permanent)...
I hope so.

I also feel that the cleaning by these leaves something to be desied.

1 it leaves a large area at the top center of the windshield to be cleaned.

2 the water is coninuously flowing down a central spine.

These type (but not overlapping) of wipers were pretty common or standard before the advent of M800 in India. Ambassadors always had these.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:14   #613

Got my Honda Civic 1.8V MT last week

After lots of confusion and test drives and analysis I bought Honda Civic 1.8V MT last week. I wanted to buy a D segment car from last 2 years. Currently I have a Palio 1.6GTX and a Getz 1.3GLS. Since I drive mainly GTX, got spoiled with its powerful engine and very good dynamics. So could not think of anything available in C segment.

For sometime I toyed with the idea of putting my money on Octavia RS but the introduction of Laura by Skoda put my plan on hold. I waited indefinitely for the arrival of Laura with a its famed 2.0 FSI Petrol engine. Current Laura with its diesel engine impressed me with its excellent build quality, low end torque and extremely good handling. But the engine is little noisy, rough and the ride quality at low speed disappointed me. They have sacrificed the rear seat comfort for excellent handling and gigantic boot. So I have to finally decide against it and was not prepared to wait any longer since I am in the wrong side of 40s.

I always thought of German cars are for the "enlightend" and Japanese cars for the junta who is concerned only about fuel efficiency. So it was difficult for me to think of buying a Honda car. Honda Accord was not in my list since I was looking for features, safety and solid build and not space.

Then I test drove Civic. During the first drive I was impressed by the driver's seat, and nice dash board, but not happy with the low end torque, small stering wheel. I felt I need to change the gears very often in Bangalore city traffic to keep it going unlike my Palio 1.6GTX which can be driven in 3rd gear like an automatic, one mild touch on the accelerator, engine is very eager to respond.
Civic hit one hump near to our office (I was in the rear seat) and add to my worry the boot is extremely small (read hieght) for a sedan. Once Laura is ruled out I had to try Civic again, so I called for a 2nd drive for confirmation. I felt ACI cannot go wrong in choosing Civic as car of the year. I have always bought cars which won car of the year award from ACI / Overdrive, Santro, Palio, Getz etc..
During the 2nd drive I felt much better throttle response since I understood that this VTEC engine has to rev hard to get the torque and power flowing. Feeling much more comfortable than the firt time I started talking to CIVIC owners in my office. I found they are very happy. (Laura owners in our office are extremely happy though!). Again it is almost 5Lakhs cheaper than Laura, my children are happy with its looks expecailly my daughter, so I decided in favour of Civic 1.8V MT / Silver.

Last Saturday I got my car. Filled shell Premium Petrol, fitted Redsoul M6 reverse Parking with camera. Welcome to RedSoul

First impressions.
+ ve.
1. Quality of Audio system is very good and I like the controls which is very intutive and extremely comfortable to use.
2. Ride quality is good and could easily glide over all the humps on the way to office with out hitting the bottom, surprised. May be this problem is over hyped like low fuel efficiency of Palio 1.6GTX engine!
3. Engine is very smooth and the power delivery is extremely smooth, no surge of power, at least for speed I could drive so far. Here I am forced to compare with my GTX which is like a fire cracker. At the starting it is like a horse waiting to jump and once it starts moving with right gear shift it is like a series of fire crackers, one bunch after another firing away, all the way!!!!
4. People on the road respect Civic and to my surprise keeps enough distance!
5. Seats are comofortable and extremely spacious for my small frame.
- ves
1. The doors will not lock while starting the engine. It has to be locked by pressing the button which I am not used to. From my Maruti days Autocop does this for me. or Is there any other way? My wife's Getz has two stage automatic unlock where only the driver's door will be open when the ignition is off and we need to press once more (autocop key) to open other doors which is a good secutiry feature for ladies and eliminates the "inherent insecurity" built into all the popular remote locks.
2. Still want of better torque at low rpm.
3. Steering wheel felt too light for comfort! Like a Wagon R! Are we getting disconnect from the road!

I want change the tyres. It is currenly fittled with OEM tyres Good Year 195/65/R15 with 6J/15

I am looking for 205/55/R16 with a 6.5J/16 wheel. Is it a good idea to change it? I want to know whether it will affect the ride quality?
Which brand is better? Where will it be available in Bangalore?

More next week!

Happy Motoring!
Regards,
Tomy
Old 8th October 2007, 14:33   #614
BANNED

Hey Tomy, way to go, Palio to Civic !! Sure you will enjoy VTEC performance !!!
Old 8th October 2007, 14:59   #615
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tomy, Congratulations on your new car...

BTW Honda recommends using regular unleaded petrol (and not premium).

Upgrading to wider footwear is a good decision, the car deserves it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks