Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 08:03   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Suspension will last till aroung 60000k to 80000k?

What happens to them after that?????

Replace??????????????????

Why can't Honda get their suspensions first time right when they launch models in India?

This is exactly what I have been complaining about. Since I have done 23000+ km now, (not using the Civic as regularly now), I can tell you the suspension will give problems. I have already had 2 rear tyres replaced under warranty, due to Iriver wear, at 16000 km (uneven wear). This type of wear is due to suspension problems normally. It is a very uneven wear (not just excessive, but very uneven).

I THINK THE INITIAL OWNERS OF CIVIC, LIKE ME, ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A ROYAL RIDE BY HONDA. THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE SOME MODIFICATIONS IN CIVIC SUSPENSION IN THE PAST 6 - 7 MONTHS OR SO, BUT ARE NOT READY TO ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE AND MAKE THE SAME CHANGES IN OLDER CIVICS. This has been told to me by some persons at the dealership level (withholding his name as per his request).

This is the same strategy they have followed in CITY (before the ZX version). I feel disgusted with the company HONDA now.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 7th September 2007 at 08:18.
Old 7th September 2007, 08:42   #497
BANNED

Hey man, its got to do Honda Indian management. They are not brave to admit their mistakes. They are hiding behind their cunningness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE SOME MODIFICATIONS IN CIVIC SUSPENSION IN THE PAST 6 - 7 MONTHS OR SO, BUT ARE NOT READY TO ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE AND MAKE THE SAME CHANGES IN OLDER CIVICS. This has been told to me by some persons at the dealership level (withholding his name as per his request).

This is the same strategy they have followed in CITY (before the ZX version). I feel disgusted with the company HONDA now.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:44   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I almost went to Deccan Honda to buy the Civic but everytime I see a Civic carrying 5 people (even without luggage, mostly to the multiplexes, malls, etc), I see the rear gets completely pressed with practially no gap between rear wheel arches and tyres making car's nose pointing to the sky....

I feel sorry for the car. Why can't Honda test their car (even purely how it looks from outside while fully laden) and tune the suspension as req?
Civic has been designed so that the gap between the tyre and arches looks low to give that lowered (sporty) look. However, there is enough wheel travel designed inside the arch which is not visible.

The setup has already been designed and tested for Indian conditions. (I have driven 8th gen Civic's abroad so I can confirm that).

There is no recent change is suspension setup since the car is released and going ahead also Honda will not be changing the suspension setup. Changing suspension setup will be at the cost of Ride / Handling characteristics, both of which Civic excels at and is not going to compromise.

There are many cars in India which have worst scrapping issues - like Baleno, Zen, etc, but they have lived on. The problem is not with the design, the problem is with the roads.

Moreover, I don't think there is anything wrong with the Civic suspension, also I am sure it is definitely going to last a while. I love the comfortable ride on these suspensions on rough road, they are significantly better than the bouncy ride in a Corolla.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:51   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only good leather seats available in India are Stanley & Ovion. The ones used in Civic is atleast 40k !! That justifies their increase to an extent from s to V !! I used to think they are overcharging but once I saw the quality of leather used, I was impressed.
The onces used on Civic are not more than 30k (after market negotiated rate from Stanley itself). In 10-15k more you can get Napa leather from Stanley with designer stitching (extra)...

Most factory fitted leather seats (incl Civic) use genuine leather only in areas where skin/body comes in contact and use Art Leather in rest of the places. So is the case in aftermarket, but there you have an option to ask for full leather package.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:58   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankaram
This is exactly what I have been complaining about. Since I have done 23000+ km now, (not using the Civic as regularly now), I can tell you the suspension will give problems. I have already had 2 rear tyres replaced under warranty, due to Iriver wear, at 16000 km (uneven wear). This type of wear is due to suspension problems normally. It is a very uneven wear (not just excessive, but very uneven).

I THINK THE INITIAL OWNERS OF CIVIC, LIKE ME, ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A ROYAL RIDE BY HONDA. THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE SOME MODIFICATIONS IN CIVIC SUSPENSION IN THE PAST 6 - 7 MONTHS OR SO, BUT ARE NOT READY TO ADMIT THEIR MISTAKE AND MAKE THE SAME CHANGES IN OLDER CIVICS. This has been told to me by some persons at the dealership level (withholding his name as per his request).
Alankar, very unfortunately your car has a defective suspension and you are aware of that, so please do not generalize it. I can understand your feelings of frustration, however once in a while there are productions mistakes, which in this case Honda should accept and address.

But leaving that specific issue apart, I think you are being misguided by this dealership person, there have been no changes in suspension setup in Civic since it is launched. I had a discussion with Honda technician directly, and they still stand by their suspension setup originally designed for Civic in India.
Old 7th September 2007, 19:24   #501
BHPian

I agree that it may be a problem with my suspension alone, but now I would like to reproduce here the e-mail I have recieved from them after they tested the car on the 30th Aug. and also my response to it:
----- Original Message -----
To: Sandeep Garg
Cc: sales@pinkcityhonda.com ;customer_relations@pinkcityhonda.com
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 2:52 PM
Subject: Kind Attn. : Mr Sandeep Garg

Dear Sir
This has reference to your email dated 27 August 2007 regarding your Honda Civic bearing registration no. RJ 01 CA 2095.
At the outset we regret the inconvenience caused to you.
As regards to your concern of suspension noise in your vehicle, we wish to inform you that the vehicle has been personally inspected by our Mr Umesh Bhutani-Regional Manager Service and the undersigned during visit to Pinkcity Honda, Jaipur on 30 August 2007. Based upon the inspection, we would like to inform you that no abnormal noise was observed in your vehicle and it is found to be in optimum operating condition. The same has already been communicated to your goodself as well.
Therefore, we would like to assure you that your vehicle does not have any manufacturing defect. At Honda, it has always been our endeavour to provide our customers with the best quality products.
Assuring you of our best services at all times.
Regards,
Naved Ahmad
Customer Relationship Management
My response:
Sir,
I had to send the car to Jaipur under pressure just to try to get the matter cleared up. I am sorry to say that the noise from the rear suspension is still present. I was in Jaipur on the 31st (as I had informed you and Mr. Bhutani too). We all the passengers, 2 of them were my guests could hear the nose especially while coming back from Jaipu on even a bit uneven roads. It was laden in the boot with some luggage etc. also and there were 5 persons in total. That noise is still coming. If, as Mr. Bhutani says, it is not any abnormal noise, then DO I HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS AS A NORMAL NOISE?
I had requested Mr. Bhutani to come to Ajmer as the test could have been done in front of us. It was not possible for me to personally leave all my work and go to Jaipur on the day that Mr. Bhutani had come. It might not be possible to go personally to prove to him the defect in the suspension (there must be something wrong, for the noise to be present), even in future. Thus I request you to please get some person from HONDA to check the car at Ajmer in front of us. We can also test drive other CIVICS present in Ajmer and other make cars also to see if there is that particular noise that I am speaking about.
Sir, As I have pointed out earlier also that I have 3 Honda Citys, 1 Accent Crdi and many othe vehicles. If you want to check up the noise in these cars, you are most welcome. You can even check the Optra that I own at Mumbai. I can hear a similar noise in my Maruti 800. Do I have to compare my Civic to a Maruti 800? Is that the level to which HONDA has fallen?
I am sure some solution shall be found for the problem by the company at the earliest, so that this noise does not recur in my car. IF IT IS A NORMAL NOISE THEN IT MUST BE IDENTIFIABLE IN OTHER SIMILAR CIVICS TOO.
Thanks
Sandeep Garg
There has been no communication from their side after that.
I think they want to get away by saying that the noise in the suspension is present in all the CIVICS. If that is so, and it is not present in any other car like Optra, Corolla etc., will they still claim that their Civic's suspension is perfect??
LET THEM PROVE IT.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 7th September 2007 at 19:31.
Old 7th September 2007, 19:48   #502
BHPian

In fact as a response to their pathetic service, I am finalising a Toyota Corolla H1 in a few days. HONDA is losing a customer (though I don't think it will matter to Honda).
Old 7th September 2007, 21:29   #503
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep, I think you have been polite for long enough. If I remember correctly, you had uneven tyre wear and other issues related to the faulty suspension.

No point talking to them, tell them you have had enough and you are filing complaint with consumer court and write a letter to Honda Sr Mgmt in India and Japan.

If that helps, fine, else stop following up with them and just file a case in consumer court.
There are come other members on this forum who have taken than route and you can take some guidance from them.
Old 8th September 2007, 07:59   #504
BHPian

I would like to get guidance from some persons who have used the consumer court and media route to get a proper response from the auto companies. Any names or links will be helpful.
Old 9th September 2007, 00:27   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to get guidance from some persons who have used the consumer court and media route to get a proper response from the auto companies. Any names or links will be helpful.
Varunroy approached the consumer court for his Sumo and another member did for his fiesta, thread reads Metro Ford totally my Fiesta while testing, he is getting a new one.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:04   #506
Senior - BHPian

Here you go, one I am aware off...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/14837-metro-ford-suck-they-totalled-my-fiesta-while-testing-edit-won-case-court.html?highlight=metro+ford

Seriously you should not leave these guys, we T-bhpians will be with you...
Old 10th September 2007, 22:40   #507
BHPian

Thnks for the link.

My basic problem is not that the dealership is not doing anything. In my opinion it is the Honda persons at Delhi who are the real culprits. How do I get to them??

Could someone give me their MD's and other persons' tele nos., fax and email i.d.'s etc. The regular fax nos. etc. just seem to get to their customer relations deptt. which is pathetic anyway.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:43   #508
BHPian

Another thing, Should Not This Thread Be Now Shifted to The Long Term Ownership Reports section?? Or a new thread started in that section?
Old 10th September 2007, 22:52   #509
BHPian

Going off topic.

How can I change my identity on this forum? This alankarm@sancha were the 1st few letters of my e-mail. How do I change the ID? Can someone help please?

MODERATORS?
Old 11th September 2007, 13:28   #510
BANNED

Quote:
Going off topic.

How can I change my identity on this forum? This alankarm@sancha were the 1st few letters of my e-mail. How do I change the ID? Can someone help please?

MODERATORS?
Only admin can do it so contact "Gto" & see what he can do for you .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks