Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 21:44   #481
Senior - BHPian

The City Vtec is no way faster then the Civic, no matter what the magazines say. The Civic will easily whip any NHC at any speed with that tremedous high revving engine it has
Old 5th September 2007, 23:02   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Ok, I completed first one year service of my car recently and the bill was around Rs.1623.

Some 1000 bucks for change of engine oil & few other consumables + some 600 bucks for service charge...
dear ST, is this one of the free sevicing company provides ?
Old 6th September 2007, 08:00   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Ok, I completed first one year service of my car recently and the bill was around Rs.1623.

Some 1000 bucks for change of engine oil & few other consumables + some 600 bucks for service charge...

Most other owners have communicated similar maintenance expenses. Nice isn't it...
This is a part of my earlier posting. Are these prices wrong in that case??

The suspension noise still coming. Took the car to Jaipur for the 20000 km service on 7th Aug. Now we reported certain bubbling (which was bound to come as no balancing done with tyre change). Now balancing done at an approx cost of Rs.1700/- incl taxes for 4 wheels. Throttle cleaning and injector cleanning done (without informing me, and I was there at the workshop for 2 hours from 12-2pm). Air filter and other filters replaced.Oil change and regular service. Total cost Rs5,631/- . 631/- waived off after a big showdown over phone.

Infact the charges were Service charges 1100, Air filter, oil Filter and oil about 2200, Throttle cleaning 500, Injector cleaning 350.

Are these charges wrong? Have I been wrongly charged or has the work not required been done?
Old 6th September 2007, 13:52   #484
Senior - BHPian

I covered 10k km and you covered 20k km in one year.
The service coverage is based on age of vehicle, mileage covered and time since last service. So it should be ok.

Most people I know of cover around 10-15k km a year. I myself have two cars so the mileage gets shared.

However while giving your vehcle for servicing, it is better to upfront check what they will be doing and what is due for replacement. I know air filter and oil filter is changed at 20k reading, similarly there would be other things at different mileage.
Every 10k km they suggest wheel balancing and alignment, not sure if that is always required, as it can run quiet expensive (1.5-3k) if weights are added.

In my case they did put some 'summer windscreen washer' crap in the windscreen washing solution, which costs 200 bucks without informing me. I didn;t bother much, as I though I will give it a try. But after (not) seeing the difference, I guess I was taken for a ride... :(
Old 6th September 2007, 15:07   #485
BHPian

hey guys
getn delivery of my civic M/T V.. on 11sept.hav takn the alablaster silver..
also putn sunfilms from the co..around 5 k..Lumarc brand or sumthn..Garware is very cheap n then there is V-cool which i dont find any difference,its only name..so i took the lumarc one.Also took extended warranty till the 4th yr..evrythn hapnd in less than 2 weeks..i knew some1 there..i was with him for a long time and i felt good tht i spoke to him n asked all the possible qts..
He said, dont worry gurantee the suspension will last till around 60000k to 80000k easily..Also he said tht at his place they change anything or everything tht is covered under warranty if there is any fault..not like other service centeres/dealers..he said take the V bec the leather is fitted at the co in Noida and the fit n finish, u will never get anywhere outside..also he said at the side of the seats they dont put leather,no 1 knows abt this he said..they put some other quality of leather..
Guys im takn Tata AIG insurance..Its ok nah..

guys finally any advice before i take delivery..anythng in particular.

He said if u want to change anythn later.only change the tyres n put white lights(xenon lights i guess) which r around 8 k from any accessories shop per beam..like hi n low beam n plus fog lamps..believe me ,they look superb n class on the civic..plan 2 do it..he said he will giv me the guys no..

Also he said the Jazz will come out next yr n also there is a new city n accord cum.

Tht Mugen is so expensive i cant tell u..like 5 rims were around 1.5 lakhs for the accord..they hav a tie up with honda..
1 guy had spent 7 lakhs on his civic putn mugen stuff he had told me..
Old 6th September 2007, 15:17   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Suspension will last till aroung 60000k to 80000k?

What happens to them after that?????

Replace??????????????????

Why can't Honda get their suspensions first time right when they launch models in India?
Old 6th September 2007, 15:17   #487
BHPian

Fonsi - take care of your language my friend

Fonsi:

Pl. read the instructions before you post ... dont use SMS text ...

also makes sense to get the pre delivery checklist printed before you take delivery of the car ...

Have a smashing time ...
Old 6th September 2007, 15:25   #488
Senior - BHPian

The civic is simply a beautiful carl. Its an all rounder. Good looks , speed & great comfort.

I drove the civic the other day for over 2 hours, quite flawless really. I was very worried that the potholes are going to smooch the car below, but if driven with car, it can go without getting scraped ( I am talking real bad roads ).

For 11 lacs for the Manual S - it really is good VFM. We should be buying this before the fossil - fuels come to an end !!!
Old 6th September 2007, 15:41   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree and I am a Civic fan.

I almost went to Deccan Honda to buy the Civic but everytime I see a Civic carrying 5 people (even without luggage, mostly to the multiplexes, malls, etc), I see the rear gets completely pressed with practially no gap between rear wheel arches and tyres making car's nose pointing to the sky....

I feel sorry for the car. Why can't Honda test their car (even purely how it looks from outside while fully laden) and tune the suspension as req?

I am hoping a Civic ZX will be launched with improved suspension and I will jump on it...just dreaming...
Old 6th September 2007, 15:52   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsi View Post
hey guys
getn delivery of my civic M/T V.. on 11sept.hav takn the alablaster silver..
also putn sunfilms from the co..around 5 k..Lumarc brand or sumthn..Garware is very cheap n then there is V-cool which i dont find any difference,its only name..so i took the lumarc one.Also took extended warranty till the 4th yr..evrythn hapnd in less than 2 weeks..i knew some1 there..i was with him for a long time and i felt good tht i spoke to him n asked all the possible qts... (snip)

Fonsi, can you please avoid SMS jargon and shortening the sentences. Its highly irritating and you are clearly in violation of the forum rules.

You mean to say that its not fully leather seats? Then its a ripoff paying so much extra for the V model, because you can get full leather seats done from 25K to 45K of the highest quality outside.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:34   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
You mean to say that its not fully leather seats? Then its a ripoff paying so much extra for the V model, because you can get full leather seats done from 25K to 45K of the highest quality outside.
If I understood correctly what he meant was that, he was told Honda gives full leather seats of high quality, whereas aftermarket fitters do not give the same quality leather all around.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:00   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Everyone is talking about leather seats and the quality of leather.

How come nobody is saying anything about the missing Lumbar support?

I had curiously brought this up before also but nobody seemed to be interested.

BTW, I called Deccan Honda on the pretext of the recent announcement by Honda on new models to check if there will be a Civic with Lumbar Support.

The answer was - Why do you need lumbar support? Honda seats are the best in the world.

Attitude Honda....

Note: By Lumbar Support, I mean adjustable lumbar support.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:08   #493
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully they didn't ask you what lumbar support meant !! The absence of lumbar support has already been spoken/discussed/debated about in some thread. Honda is not providing them, period !!!
Old 6th September 2007, 18:08   #494
BHPian

sorry guys for using the SMS text..
What i meant regarding the leather seats is that,honda uses stanley leather,which is of high quality..just that the sides facing the door's below we sit are not high quality leather..Its different..we want come to know.
Hope u guys understand..It's with most of the leather brands and companies..

Last edited by fonsi : 6th September 2007 at 18:11. Reason: sms text
Old 6th September 2007, 18:14   #495
Senior - BHPian

Fonsi is right about the quality of leather seats used in Civic.

I am in the leather business that is why I can back this up. SOme cars have pathetic leather seats. Not even worth 10k and it is valued at 50k.

The only good leather seats available in India are Stanley & Ovion. The ones used in Civic is atleast 40k !! That justifies their increase to an extent from s to V !! I used to think they are overcharging but once I saw the quality of leather used, I was impressed.

At least Honda is not doing any stupid mistakes on Civic !! Their current hot selling baby !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks