Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 19:40   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
Any update from the owner? I hope it get resolved over the weekend for you.
Hi All, please bear with if you don't find any updates here over the next couple of days. I will definitely let you know how things turn up in the next few days.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:20   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi All, please bear with if you don't find any updates here over the next couple of days. I will definitely let you know how things turn up in the next few days.
Any updates? I hope things turn positive for you.

Couldn't control myself as it has been 5 days without any update of the situation.
vin11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:55   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
Any updates? I hope things turn positive for you.

Couldn't control myself as it has been 5 days without any update of the situation.
I can understand your anxiety vin11. I am even more eager to tell you the whole story, but as of now things have not fallen in place as expected. Right now I can only tell you that complete story will get unfolded by 15th Sep. I don't want to stretch you guys too much, right now I can only reveal that I have received the complete service history of the car from Toyota, which I have shared with the previous owner.

Some facts about the accident repairs:

Date on which car came in the workshop ----> 21-Jan-2010
Date on which car handed back to customer ----> 27-Apr-2010 (This means car was in workshop for more than 3 months)

Number of parts replaced -----> 100

Charges (parts) ------> Rs 4,35,456.56
Charges (labor) ------> Rs 1,33.673.67

Total charges --------> Rs 5,69,192.20
AutoIndian is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:04   #364
BHPian

Quote:
I can understand your anxiety vin11. I am even more eager to tell you the whole story, but as of now things have not fallen in place as expected. Right now I can only tell you that complete story will get unfolded by 15th Sep. I don't want to stretch you guys too much, right now I can only reveal that I have received the complete service history of the car from Toyota, which I have shared with the previous owner.

Date on which car came in the workshop ----> 21-Jan-2010
Date on which car handed back to customer ----> 27-Apr-2010 (This means car was in workshop for more than 3 months)

Charges (parts) ------> Rs 4,35,456.56
Charges (labor) ------> Rs 1,33.673.67

100 parts! I will wait to hear what the 1st owner has to say on how the accident happened.

I can understand things might not be going as smooth for you. Waiting for further developments.
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:38   #365
BANNED

Quote:
(This means car was in workshop for more than 3 months)

That's one B.I.G accident the poor Innova went through!

Not at all pleasing to the senses by the data that you have received till now.

Quote:
100 parts! I will wait to hear what the 1st owner has to say on how the accident happened.
In the link below: Post #326

See what Deepak had to say when he contacted the previous owner:

Quote:
He mentioned that neither he was aware of the replacement of the Chassis, he was only told that there was an accident while his maternal uncle had taken it for function and he had got it all fixed (at that time he was in Australia)

After about 10 minutes I did receive a call from him. Indeed his car had met with an accident when his maternal uncle had taken it to Nanded to attend some marriage function. However he was not aware of this major accident and subsequent repairs that were carried out by his maternal uncle (who had informed him that it was just the door, bumper and some other minor parts replacement).
In a way that seems genuine but in the other way IF seen it is surprising that the claim of 5.70 Lakhs was passed without the information to the 'owner' of the car!

Hope Deepak gets some clear answers from the previous owner and hopefully the buy-back happens!
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:07   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In a way that seems genuine but in the other way IF seen it is surprising that the claim of 5.70 Lakhs was passed without the information to the 'owner' of the car!
While this doubt is quite logical, literally, it is indeed possible that this could be the case. A relative or even a driver, who can attest to be at wheel at the time of accident, having possession of all documents can file a claim at Toyota Dealerships as I have seen, by submitting necessary documents and driving license. Many times even FIR is not needed as long as the Insurance Surveyor/Agent does not sees it to be necessary or demand it, if the situation on the extent of damage and causes are clear. It helps immensely to choose insurance provider with clear tie-ups with the workshop. Sometimes, even the service advisers are kind enough to help customers put up their case in the respective formalities.

We will have to give benefit of doubt with the sincerity shown by the owner so far, don't know how it will turn in future though.

So I was far off in assuming the accident to be in 2012-13. The duration of repairs is digestible, considering it was open heart surgery and it often takes time to judge condition of chassis, order and receive and at the same time be waiting in line of the other such chassis works and get body makeover too.

Let us see how things unfold. Best wishes to Deepak.

Last edited by parsh : 3rd September 2015 at 10:08.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:35   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
So I was far off in assuming the accident to be in 2012-13. The duration of repairs is digestible, considering it was open heart surgery and it often takes time to judge condition of chassis, order and receive and at the same time be waiting in line of the other such chassis works and get body makeover too.

Let us see how things unfold. Best wishes to Deepak.
Thank you Parsh for your wishes, I desperately need them

One more piece of information that I would like to share is that since this happened within a year of ownership (of previous owner), the car had run just 12,834 kms. From Apr-2010 till Nov-2014 (when I brought the car home), the car had run close to 37K kms in 4.5 years.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:49   #368
BHPian

AutoIndian,
Just went through the details in last few pages. So far have seen 2 options listed out being the owner buy back or the Toyota U-Trust. Also the owner would be back only by Dec which is still sometime away. I am not sure what the owner would do with the car buyback as it does not make any sense since he is not in India. Why not consider the option of selling the car to someone else and decide with original owner on how you want to split the difference in the price (Price at which it was bought + your spend - Final Sale Price - agreeable depreciation for using the car for 16KKms ).
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:18   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Why not consider the option of selling the car to someone else and decide with original owner on how you want to split the difference in the price (Price at which it was bought + your spend - Final Sale Price - agreeable depreciation for using the car for 16KKms ).
Will this not be cheating? The only was to make a good deal is to hide the details of the accident from the next owner. He would buy the car in same faith as AutoIndian did and would end up eating fellow AutoIndian's head when he gets to know about this event.

If the details of the crash are disclosed to the next party, I have doubts whether he will give a considerable/reasonable amount. One would possibly walk away (damage of 5 Lac+ isn't a small thing) that very moment. The first owner would not be comfortable with this if he has to compensate for the less selling price. So, both the first and second (current) owners would not be happy. Better is to sell it back to the first owner and let him do the rest - disclosing the fact of the rash is upto him, atleast AutoIndian would not be troubled for no fault of him.
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:41   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will this not be cheating? The only was to make a good deal is to hide the details of the accident from the next owner. He would buy the car in same faith as AutoIndian did and would end up eating fellow AutoIndian's head when he gets to know about this event.

Most probably the best buyer will come to know about the accident on inspection of the car. Hence even if one wishes to keep the information secret, it will easily surface. Especially if a prospective taxi buyer wants this car, he will easily know the issue and either he will try to bargain or will walk away. In some cases if they don't bother about the same then its a good thing to do.

Now suppose this buyback offer isn't pursued or isn't satisfactory, do put it on sale and at a cost that is slightly higher than what you expect. My guess is you will find people wanting it for taxi purpose. Since they are not very particular about such things as long as the vehicle is running and engine is young, worst case is they will haggle a bit. Do share the whole information of the repairs and reduce to what extent you feel is okay. Since this particular innova has not clocked much kms, there could be people who will buy it even given the circumstances.

But I repeat, never try to hide the whole episode from any buyer since not everyone is as gentle in handling the issue as you are and suppose you find a rogue taxi driver or such elements, they might go full ammo against you if they come to know of the issue at a later stage after buying the car. Hence it will create a problem for you at a later stage.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 12:57   #371
BHPian

Quote:
One more piece of information that I would like to share is that since this happened within a year of ownership (of previous owner), the car had run just 12,834 kms. From Apr-2010 till Nov-2014 (when I brought the car home), the car had run close to 37K kms in 4.5 years.
That is really low running for a 4.5 year period.

It has been more than 2 weeks since you last posted. Any updates? I hope everything is resolved as soon as possible.

On a side note, Couldn't believe your thread had moved to the 5th page!! Back to the top now.

Last edited by Shanksta : 17th September 2015 at 13:05.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:48   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
It has been more than 2 weeks since you last posted. Any updates? I hope everything is resolved as soon as possible.
I agree, there has been no update from me since the last couple of days, the primary reason being things have not fallen in place as expected. This does not mean that the deal has been scraped. Only a couple of more steps have been added in between. So I may not be able to tell the complete story now as anticipated earlier. It may take couple of more days/ weeks.

I have dropped an e-mail to my previous owner last Saturday. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow (i.e. 19th Sep), then I am planning to give him a call.

Quote:
On a side note, Couldn't believe your thread had moved to the 5th page!! Back to the top now.
Thank you Shanksta
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 13:04   #373
Senior - BHPian

Missed a few threads in between. Sorry to hear the revelation and glad to hear the openness by the previous owner in accepting the car back.

Though selling to Toyota U Trust is a secondary option for you and also reports on that Toyota U Trust not accepting accidental vehicles.

Did you atleast try checking with them if they will accept this car? It will just be in handy to have the second option ready to go.

Also, what happened to the second set of keys? You managed to get it done ?
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 14:33   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Though selling to Toyota U Trust is a secondary option for you and also reports on that Toyota U Trust not accepting accidental vehicles.

Did you atleast try checking with them if they will accept this car? It will just be in handy to have the second option ready to go.
I did check with Toyota U Trust and fortunately they do accept car's like mine. If the ongoing deal doesn't work out. then selling the car to U Trust would be the last option. I will reveal the valuation at an appropriate time.

Quote:
Also, what happened to the second set of keys? You managed to get it done ?
Not yet, I am not at all thinking in that direction. Since I would be selling off the car, there is no point in me investing in a new set of keys. In the worst case scenario if I have to continue with the car (till year end or beyond) I may go for making the duplicate keys, otherwise not.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 22:57   #375
BHPian

Quote:
I did check with Toyota U Trust and fortunately they do accept car's like mine. If the ongoing deal doesn't work out. then selling the car to U Trust would be the last option. I will reveal the valuation at an appropriate time.
I don't think U Trust will offer you a decent price for the Innova, as you would have told them about the incident (and they would already be checking about it though). If the previous owner backs off at the last moment, do let him know that U Trust will accept this car and he can sell it to them - maybe he would change his mind. You can make it clear beforehand that you simply don't want to incur a loss (incase of selling to U Trust yourself) as this mistake is not totally yours. Do not shift the blame to the owner as this might change his mood and, thus, mind.

Keep us updated about the happenings. I hope you are enjoying the car as before!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks