Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 11:56   #421
BHPian

Good to know the latest updates. But still sad to see black workhourse going away. It's just because of this thread we had good gathering of pre-worshipped innova owners here. BTW, just crossed 50k during my Kerala trip, around 24k km in just less than 2 years.
Wishing you good luck.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 14:37   #422
SP7

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

I came across this thread, while searching for issues relating to replacement of Chassis.

My Scorpio had an accident as a result of which the Chassis had to be changed. Now, I understand that it is the Customer's responsibility to approach the RTO to get the new Chassis number punched on the chassis that has been replaced and it is not the dealer's responsibility.

This seems rather strange. If the owner wants to hide the fact that there has been an accident, he could easily get the old chassis number punched and no one will be wiser. I am surprised that there is no legal requirement from the RTO that the dealer should punch the new chassis number. How would the buyer of any used car be able to find out about the changed chassis?

Having said the above, I do intend to get my chassis number changed as I do intend to keep my vehicle. But, this incident did raise my doubts about the reliability of used vehicles.

Would appreciate insights that any of the members have on this issue.
SP7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 21:07   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
In the evening I took the TD of TUV3OO AMT. Tomorrow again I am going to test drive the manual TUV along with my Dad. If my father likes it, I may cut a cheque of 25K towards the booking amount for TUV3OO manual.
Took many test drives (XUV, Scorpio, Mobilio, Lodgy, Ertiga etc) and finally booked TUV3OO (T8 variant, manual transmission, Molten Orange colour) today morning (after three back to back test drives with family)

Will be getting the delivery by Diwali (or may be before that if I am lucky)

Make: Mahindra
Model: TUV3OO
Variant: T8 (manual transmission)
Fuel: Diesel
Booking date: 19/10/2015
Color: Molten Orange
Expected delivery date: 11/11/2015
Dealer & City: Silver Jubilee Motors, Bhosari, Pune
Offer: None (Some people are yet to get the delivery of pre launch bookings)

Price break-up mentioned below:

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-tuv-3oo-price-breakup.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
+1 for the Lodgy. I don't think the TUV will be able to match the Lodgy either in terms of confort or power and drivability.
Wrong, TUV is a hoot to drive. It has excellent driveability and tractability. I took three extensive test drives (two with family) before committing to the TUV3OO. It gobbles up the pot holes and craters like they never existed.

Quote:
I thought you were looking for a proper 7 seater which the TUV isn't.
True, I was, but then this car satisfies most of my needs even if it is a 5+2 (part time) seater. My mom, wife, daughter and son can all sit comfortably in the middle bench seat and no one would require to occupy the jump seats. If at all 2 more persons get added they can be easily accomodated for short trips.

Quote:
And the TUV topend at 9 .0 lakhs ex showroom seems overpriced when the competent Scorpio S4+ is selling for 9.9x lakhs .
Here the TUV, top end T8, is 8,65,200/- (ex-showroom). Add registration and insurance to that and still the final on-road comes just under 10 lakhs. Scorpio S4+ is also a good option, but then it costs, 11.05 lacs (on-road). Not sure about the S4 plus, but the S4 lacks some of the important features like, Air bags, ABS-EBD, Fog lamps, rear wash and wipe, rear defogger, alloy wheels, speed sensing auto door lock, height adjustable seat, centre arm rest, auto adjustable mirrors, remote locking, static bending lamps, Aux-in, bluetooth, USB, steering mounted controls and there could be many more. All these and many more are available in the TUV T8.

Quote:
The Mobilio again has too many negatives.Horrible engine noise, cheap interiors.
Spot on

Quote:
I am surprised the Ertiga has waiting periods. Its after all a minor facelift but then my part of the country isn't very Maruti crazy.
Very true, same here. I was really looking forward to the Ertiga SHVS. However the uncertainty of its launch, here in Pune and the more uncertainty about getting the first lot of cars, really put me off. Right now I have loaned a car (my old Indica) from my sadu-bhai, till the time I get my new car. I have to give it back to him by Diwali in any case. So I wanted to go only for that car, which I would get before Diwali. Moreover I wanted a rear wheel drive car, which can carry additional loads with ease and would be abuse friendly. The TUV fitted the bill to the "T". Hence the choice.

Quote:
Why don't you consider the XUV W4. It would the same as a Mobilio RS
You are again correct, XUV W4 is in the 13 lacs range. However it is too big for my apartment parking slot. I had managed to put in the TD XUV vehicle in my parking slot in reverse with great difficulty. Actually I went to Mahindra showroom to get the details/ quotation for W4 and came out booking the TUV. Again major advantage of TUV over W4 is that it is a rear wheel drive, which I was preferring.

Quote:
The way you dealt with the situation is a good lesson to be learnt especially for someone like me in my early 20's.
Yes, we learn from other's experiences. I too have learnt many things form the experiences share by fellow TBHP members over here.

Quote:
I stumbled upon your thread because we were thinking of getting a pre owned Innova but the plan has been dropped in favour of buying something else new or probably an used Santa Fe . The Innova prices are crazy. 2012 models run 1 lakh plus KM are selling for 12-13 lakhs here.
That is the price you have to pay for reliability and peace of mind. NOt worth it.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 21:19   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Good to know the latest updates. But still sad to see black workhourse going away. It's just because of this thread we had good gathering of pre-worshipped innova owners here. BTW, just crossed 50k during my Kerala trip, around 24k km in just less than 2 years.
Wishing you good luck.
Wish the Black Workhorse would have stayed with me more long, but destiny had some different plans. I am not going to request mods to close this thread. As you have rightly said all Innova owners have contributed a wealth of information in this thread. Also I would be pleased to share my Innova experience with fellow members, even if the car is not with me and I have experienced it for less than a year. Congrats on crossing that milestone on your Innova, wishing you many more such milestones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP7 View Post
I came across this thread, while searching for issues relating to replacement of Chassis.

Having said the above, I do intend to get my chassis number changed as I do intend to keep my vehicle. But, this incident did raise my doubts about the reliability of used vehicles.

Would appreciate insights that any of the members have on this issue.
Reliability of used vehicles is always a gamble. If the previous owners have taken due care, then the car can perform flawlessly even if it has changed multiple hands. However if you are asking about the reliability of a car with a changed chassis, then it would be as reliable as a car with original chassis, if the chassis replacement has been carried out at authorized workshop with proper tools and tackles. I never faced any issues with my Innova as far as high speed stability and handling was concerned. So rest assured on that part.
Old 19th October 2015, 22:52   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Took many test drives (XUV, Scorpio, Mobilio, Lodgy, Ertiga etc) and finally booked TUV3OO (T8 variant, manual transmission, Molten Orange colour) today morning (after three back to back test drives with family)
Good choice Deepak. Didn't expect such a drastic shift from Innova>>>Ertiga to now a TUV! Surprising IMO!

Anyway you happy we happy.

Have a great ownership and hope you have many miles of happiness with the TUV.

If luck goes my way I'll also be adding a Mahindra to my garage after I complete 1,00,000 kms on my Swift which is another 40K kms (Almost another 400 days).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 01:44   #426
BHPian

Quote:

Wrong, TUV is a hoot to drive. It has excellent driveability and tractability. I took three extensive test drives (two with family) before committing to the TUV3OO. It gobbles up the pot holes and craters like they never existed.

You are again correct, XUV W4 is in the 13 lacs range. However it is too big for my apartment parking slot. I had managed to put in the TD XUV vehicle in my parking slot in reverse with great difficulty. Actually I went to Mahindra showroom to get the details/ quotation for W4 and came out booking the TUV. Again major advantage of TUV over W4 is that it is a rear wheel drive, which I was preferring.
Congrats on the new purchase. So we can expect a comprehensive ownership report. I have been seeing green and whilte TUV here often. I like the rear and front stance and the side is okay in the green colour but the white reveals the non photogenic design.

The Scorpio S4+ does get airbags and abs but lacks rear wash wipe. More than that it misses on power mirrors. The apartment parking lots are a pain. The XUV W4 is quite loaded compared to a Scorpio S4+. Can rear wiper washer be installed separately?

The performance of the TUV was just my speculation. But how is the top end power? Did you take a highway drive? The good ride quality is a plus.

I did go through the TUV brochure and even the T6+ seems quite loaded but then the T8 is only 50 k extra. I think this is the cheapest sub 4M SUV with real VFM pricing.

I will most probably wait for the Hexa to launch.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 20th October 2015 at 01:52.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 09:26   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. So we can expect a comprehensive ownership report. I have been seeing green and whilte TUV here often. I like the rear and front stance and the side is okay in the green colour but the white reveals the non photogenic design.
Thank you Ragavsr for your wishes. Yes, I will definitely come up with a comprehensive ownership report once I get the delivery and clock at least a 1000 kms. I am also eagerly awaiting our official TBHP review as that will reveal a whole lot of details, which our normal eyes won't be able to see.

Quote:
The Scorpio S4+ does get airbags and abs but lacks rear wash wipe. More than that it misses on power mirrors. The apartment parking lots are a pain. The XUV W4 is quite loaded compared to a Scorpio S4+. Can rear wiper washer be installed separately?
Thanks for that info on the Scorpio S4+, power mirrors, rear wash and wipe, these are not good to have features, but "must have" features, which are very important from safety standpoint. True the XUV W4 is quite loaded for a base model of any car.

Quote:
The performance of the TUV was just my speculation. But how is the top end power? Did you take a highway drive? The good ride quality is a plus.
Well the road on which I drove was a 4 laned one and I could easily reach the tonne mark. However could not go beyond that due to traffic. I think this three potter will struggle to go beyond 100 kmph, as the max power is just 84 bhp. However the peak torque of 230 Nm is available from 1500 to 2250 rpm. Now combine this with a torque of 187 Nm from an rpm as low as 1100 rpm. This means the car is eager to surge ahead right from the word go. This gives the car excellent city driveability. There will be less gear changes required within the city. As you rightly mentioned the plush ride is an added bonus, this car just glides over potholes, road undulations, without disturbing its occupants.

Quote:
I did go through the TUV brochure and even the T6+ seems quite loaded but then the T8 is only 50 k extra. I think this is the cheapest sub 4M SUV with real VFM pricing.

I will most probably wait for the Hexa to launch.
True, the T6+ has all the essential safety features, but T8 makes sense as it is just marginally pricier and gives a lot more for that price. Yes, pricing is spot on and most importantly this car has commanding view from driver's seat, tremendous road presence, ladder on frame construction, high ground clearance, robust build, rear wheel drive etc. All these typical SUV DNA characteristics have not been compromised.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 22:06   #428
Senior - BHPian

Friends, happy to inform here that I would be getting my TUV before Diwali. Today afternoon the Dealership Sales Head called me and gave me the good news that my Molten Orange, TUV3OO-T8 has been billed to the dealership.

Booking amount was 25K, balance amount 9.75 lacs. Went to the showroom, gave a cheque for 9 lakhs, retained 75K to be given after doing the PDI and before sending the car for registration. I told them that once the car lands in their stockyard and they do the PDI, they should inform me so that I can get my PDI done simultaneously. Also once the car reaches their showroom and is to be sent for registration I will do the final inspection and do the online transfer for the balance payment of 75K.

In the evening got a text message informing my chassis number. On decoding found it to be Oct-2015 manufactured car . Feeling very happy that within 2 weeks of booking the TUV I got the chassis number allotted to me and in 3 weeks I am getting the car delivered. Initially the dealership was completely ignorant about my booking. Almost for 10 days post booking there was no information coming from them regarding the status of my booking. Once I escalated the matter to M&M Pune Area Sales Manager, things started moving superfast, as if there was fire under their pants. Hope to do the PDI by Thursday and get delivery by Dhanteras.

On a side note I had been to the RTO office to hand over the application/ intimation about the Innova ownership transfer. However they did not entertain my request and asked to get the ownership transferred by paying due fees. Then as per the advice from one acquaintance in RTO I shot an e-mail to "mh14@mahatranscom.in" and copy to "mh12@mahatranscom.in" informing them about the transfer. attached the application, forms 29 and 30 and the agreement with the transferee for their further necessary action to update the records. Hope they take cognizance of my mail and update their records.
Old 31st October 2015, 22:55   #429
BHPian

Congratulations!

I just read all 29 pages of this adventure and I'm glad it has a happy ending!

Looking forward to a new thread once the TUV comes home!
genjew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 23:21   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjew View Post
Congratulations!

I just read all 29 pages of this adventure and I'm glad it has a happy ending!

Looking forward to a new thread once the TUV comes home!
Indeed, it had been a very roller-coaster ride with the Innova. Never had imagined in the wildest of my dreams that I would sell my car within a year of its purchase. I guess the TUV was destined for me and the poor Innova had to make way for it.

Sure new thread on the TUV will definitely come up, but might take a couple of days, stay tuned
Old 17th November 2015, 13:36   #431
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends, updating this thread after a long time. Hope you all had a very happy Diwali. Its been quite hectic for the last few weeks. Office work and TUV both keeping me tied up. Took the delivery of my TUV on 7th Nov and enjoying it thoroughly.

Yesterday I received a call from my previous owner's sister that they have sold the Black Workhorse (Innova) to a person and he may contact me for getting my signatures on form 28. I had already given my signatures earlier on forms 28, 29 and 30. However since form 28 is required in triplicate, I have to sign on two more forms. Today morning I got a call from that person, who has purchased this Innova. I told him that he can come to my office during evening time and I can give my signatures. On enquiring with him I came to know that he took the car this Sunday only. He paid 6.65 lacs for it. On asking if he knows the cars service history he replied in affirmation. He seems to be in tours and travel business, so I am sure he will use the car for hire. Not sure though if he wants to convert it from white number plate to a yellow one. I briefed him about my expereince with the car and also informed him that the insurance has the previous chassis number and he will have to get it corrected.

I informed him that when he will come to take my signature on the forms, come with the filled forms and I will keep a copy of that form. He said that normally the agents fill up the form and it will be filled only after I sign it. I straightaway rejected his proposal. I clearly instructed him that if he wants my signature, he should get the completely filled form. Hope I have done the right thing. Also should I ask for his photo ID proof? What other precaution should I take?
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 17:44   #432
BHPian

Since you are effectively the seller and he is the buyer, the whole transaction needs to be carried out with the safety precautions as discussed earlier.

Just assume, that he knocks someone down tomorrow, the cops will still be coming for you, right?
john doe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 00:19   #433
BHPian

You are correct John_Doe. Also I doubt if the owner will ever transfer it to his name so as to have less owners name. To add more, it can also be a case that the travels person may keep it in private number but use it as a taxi. That's a risky scenario for Deepak. Any accident or illegal activity my put you in problems.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 09:35   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends, updating this thread after a long time. Hope you all had a very happy Diwali. Its been quite hectic for the last few weeks. Office work and TUV both keeping me tied up. Took the delivery of my TUV on 7th Nov and enjoying it thoroughly.

Yesterday I received a call from my previous owner's sister that they have sold the Black Workhorse (Innova) to a person and he may contact me for getting my signatures on form 28. I had already given my signatures earlier on forms 28, 29 and 30. However since form 28 is required in triplicate, I have to sign on two more forms. Today morning I got a call from that person, who has purchased this Innova. I told him that he can come to my office during evening time and I can give my signatures. On enquiring with him I came to know that he took the car this Sunday only. He paid 6.65 lacs for it. On asking if he knows the cars service history he replied in affirmation. He seems to be in tours and travel business, so I am sure he will use the car for hire. Not sure though if he wants to convert it from white number plate to a yellow one. I briefed him about my expereince with the car and also informed him that the insurance has the previous chassis number and he will have to get it corrected.

I informed him that when he will come to take my signature on the forms, come with the filled forms and I will keep a copy of that form. He said that normally the agents fill up the form and it will be filled only after I sign it. I straightaway rejected his proposal. I clearly instructed him that if he wants my signature, he should get the completely filled form. Hope I have done the right thing. Also should I ask for his photo ID proof? What other precaution should I take?
You did the right thing.Also make sure the date is also mentioned.This makes sure that the buyer will transfer the vehicle to his/her name.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:29   #435
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends, happy to inform you that my TUV3OO ownership report has gone live couple of hours back. Here is the link to that ----> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rspective.html (Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective)

Do visit there and give your feedback. I have made an honest attempt to pen down my review. However the short duration of 2 weeks and just 650 kms under the belt won't cover all the pros and cons of the car. Moreover the absence of registration number is holding me from taking my tank on long highway drives. However next month, once I get the number plates installed in my car, I will unleash my tank and then there will be no looking back . Will keep adding my experiences to my review.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks