Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:00   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Hi friends, Trying to write down one year experience of my 2009 pre-owned black beauty, but due to work load couldn't and to make it worse, there is a problem with Internet speed to Atleast share the pics. Finally got it uploaded today. On 24th September 2014, I had purchased this Innova from Pune city and have clocked around 15k in last 12 months (of which 4 months the vehicle was idle as I was out of country). But anyways it has been a great experience driving around within the city and couple of long inter state trips.
Shahbaaz, many congratulations on completing one year with your pre-owned black beauty. That is some decent running given that you don't use it for your daily office commute

Quote:
Hopefully once I am free, I will pen down my experiences.
Meanwhile attaching here few pics after polishing this beauty.
Deepak, sorry could not call you when I started this polishing process.
Please start your ownership thread asap, your black beauty deserves one. I guess you gave polish as the birthday gift to your car, she is sparkling and looks stunning under the sun. Don't forget to invite me next time when you are up to your polishing ritual.

Though the pictures are good I would suggest take some good snaps with a better camera. Mobile cameras don't do justice. The pictures have come out a bit hazy. If you have a DSLR, then nothing like it. Even a point and shoot camera will do.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:29   #392
BHPian

I'm looking for a roof luggage carrier for my 2014 innova. Please advise if roof rails are required before mounting the rack. If yes, does that involve drilling holes in roof?

I've also come to know that after Thule, Carry-Boy carbon fibre roof racks from Thailand are very good. These are black colored and do not rust or loose shine like the aluminum ones. But i could not locate any dealer in Delhi. There is one in Kasmere Gate but he stocks Carry-Boy only for Fortuner with roof-rails.
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:17   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I'm looking for a roof luggage carrier for my 2014 innova. Please advise if roof rails are required before mounting the rack. If yes, does that involve drilling holes in roof?
Roof rails are not required for mounting the rack. Also there is no need of drilling holes. The "Toyota" badged rack that you get at the Toyota dealer is clamped at front and rear door frame. If possible I will take some pictures and post it here.

Quote:
I've also come to know that after Thule, Carry-Boy carbon fibre roof racks from Thailand are very good. These are black colored and do not rust or loose shine like the aluminum ones. But i could not locate any dealer in Delhi. There is one in Kasmere Gate but he stocks Carry-Boy only for Fortuner with roof-rails.
We are very much aware about the Thule, however hearing about the Carry-Boy carbon fibre roof racks for the first time. Can you post here the relevant links/ references?
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:07   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
......however hearing about the Carry-Boy carbon fibre roof racks for the first time. Can you post here the relevant links/ references?
Here is the link http://www.vicky.in/shopping/carry-b...ch=carry%20boy

http://olx.in/item/innova-roof-carri...e-IDSKlKw.html

These carbon fiber products are very popular in Thailand.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 3rd October 2015 at 20:23.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 21:24   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Meanwhile attaching here few pics after polishing this beauty.
Pretty well maintained Shahbaaz.

I happened to check the Fogs in person today as I wanted to check out a few things for my Innova. They are the same ones, ESUSE ones from Taiwan, same as on my Innova and the ones I was talking about too. Cost Rs 3000/-. Its a complete kit with Fogs, Lights, wiring with couplings, Relay and Fuse. Definitely you should be able to get them at similar prices, fitting at most about Rs 300/-. Some pics below for your viewing

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-wp_20151004_008.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-wp_20151004_007.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-wp_20151004_005.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-wp_20151004_006.jpg
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 02:12   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Pretty well maintained Shahbaaz.

I happened to check the Fogs in person today as I wanted to check out a few things for my Innova. They are the same ones, ESUSE ones from Taiwan, same as on my Innova and the ones I was talking about too. Cost Rs 3000/-. Its a complete kit with Fogs, Lights, wiring with couplings, Relay and Fuse. Definitely you should be able to get them at similar prices, fitting at most about Rs 300/-. Some pics below for your viewing

Attachment 1422880

Attachment 1422883
Thanks Parsh for sharing the details. I will check online and order a set for sure. If not then may be in last week of this month I may visit Bombay. Will check it out.
I really need to get fogs fitted.
Oh yeah, and thanks for appreciating my car. I try my best to keep my car clean .

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 6th October 2015 at 02:16.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:17   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We can keep on debating endlessly, what precautions could have been taken, cross verifications of service history, insurance claims before commitment, genuineness of the seller etc. Those things are past and I have learnt my lessons (they say experience is the biggest teacher). My biggest worry now is to get at least some portion of my hard earned money back (if not all). Though the owner has intentions to buy back the car, he has been very slow in initiating the transaction (obviously citing financial reasons). I have given him an option of transferring in two or more installments. That way it won't be a burden for him and I too can start looking out for a replacement.

Round the clock, I am checking my e-mails crazily just to get the confirmation on transaction initiation. I am hopeful that there would be some positive outcome at least by the end of this week, fingers tightly crossed.
Update:

The mutually agreed amount of INR 7 lacs (two cheques INR 4.5 lacs and INR 2.5 lacs) got credited in my account today morning.

I have to hand over the car, key and documents over this weekend. Since the previous owner has already made up his mind to sell it to a third person (without transferring it on his name), what all precautions I should take to safeguard myself?

Note: I will share with you the complete story, how it unfolded since the end of Aug 2015 till date tonight. I haven't yet shared this news to my parents that we have to part ways with our Black Workhorse over this weekend, plan it to do tonight or early morning tomorrow. Please suggest what all should I tell them to make the shock bearable for them
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:45   #398
BHPian

I have been following your thread right from the starting and was a bit saddened to know about this ordeal. But now I'm glad that it all settled very well.

I must appreciate the way you handled this problem. You never lost your calm and patiently dealt with the previous owner.
And in return you got a decent value from the previous owner.
It all restores my belief that Good things do happen to good people.

As for telling it to family that you are parting with the car, IMO, tell them the whole story with the truth. If I reckon correctly you were hesitant to tell them earlier as you thought they'll be uncomfortable sitting inside the accidental car. But hey, now you are selling the car and they won't be traveling in it. So telling the truth shouldn't be a problem.
Just my thoughts. Others may pour in.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 15th October 2015 at 14:51.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:19   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:

The mutually agreed amount of INR 7 lacs (two cheques INR 4.5 lacs and INR 2.5 lacs) got credited in my account today morning.

I have to hand over the car, key and documents over this weekend. Since the previous owner has already made up his mind to sell it to a third person (without transferring it on his name), what all precautions I should take to safeguard myself?

Note: I will share with you the complete story, how it unfolded since the end of Aug 2015 till date tonight. I haven't yet shared this news to my parents that we have to part ways with our Black Workhorse over this weekend, plan it to do tonight or early morning tomorrow. Please suggest what all should I tell them to make the shock bearable for them
Hearty congratulations on sealing up the deal very amicably.
About the transfer of ownership-
1-Get the new owner and the previous owner sign a letter (with a revenue stamp) saying that you have handed over the car.Keep a copy to yourself and send one to the RTO.
2-Signature on Form-28,29,30 and 31 (please verify if all forms are required) which can be downloaded from-
http://www.rtopune.info/downloadrtoforms.htm.
Please keep a copy of all the signed documents.
Make sure you mention the date in the column below your signature.That will make sure the new owner to compulsorily transfers the ownership.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:23   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Since the previous owner has already made up his mind to sell it to a third person (without transferring it on his name), what all precautions I should take to safeguard myself?
If the name of the person who will be the next buyer is known to you, then you can fill up another copy of the transfer forms with the name mentioned clearly on it.

This set can be sent by regd. post to the RTO so that it is legally no longer your liability.

Best of luck.
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:54   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Good, finally it worked out and it relieves you of all the tension, even though the car maybe at upright condition as of now. Not a bad deal at all.

However, I would advise, before handing over car and keys, strictly follow this:
1. Get underwriting on a stamp paper from the next owner taking possession of the car (and all things related to it) about
- such a deal and its details with complete naming of all parties involved,
- the responsibility of the next owner to get the car transferred to own name, and thereafter the insurance as well,
- signed by all parties involved,
- keep the original with you and give a copy to next & previous owner
- if needed, spend that minuscule amount for the stamp paper agreement, in effect legalize it in case at all needed in future and for your complete peace of mind since you are taking so much pains for it
- freeze using the car thereupon at the stated reading / condition etc

2. Get the next owner to
- prepare and sign off all RTO documents related to transfer,
- keep one copy of all with you,
- ask them to submit the document to RTO and get the receipt from RTO for the same and a copy of the same for you. It doesn't take long to do this process if all documents are in place, about a day at most by self.

That should relieve you of any and all things in future as far as the car is considered.

About telling to your family, be genuine and upfront with complete story.

Best wishes.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 20:40   #402
BHPian

Congratulations Deepak! I can imagine it would be a big relief... all is well that ends well, so best of luck for your next car!!
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 21:49   #403
BHPian

Great to know everything is sorted out finally! Hats off to you for being so patient and fair even after getting to know the news! Must be a great relief for you. All the very best with the next new car !

Regards,
swamyzen

Last edited by swamyzen : 15th October 2015 at 21:53.
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 22:30   #404
BANNED

Quote:
what all precautions I should take to safeguard myself?
That is excellent news Deepak. Pleased to hear that the deal has been done and trade off money is good too knowing the issues that the car has gone through.

Regarding the transfer, get an undertaking signed by the new owner that he is the new owner of the car and anything untoward happening is good responsibility.

Sign all papers and hand it over to the owner and also get the some ID proof of the new owner for safe side. Awaiting for full details.

All the best for everything and Advance congratulations on the Ertiga ZDi+.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 22:46   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note: I will share with you the complete story, how it unfolded since the end of Aug 2015 till date tonight.
Update (Contd..)
Friends please read the below post at your leisure time as it has the datewise details on how things unfolded, since I came to know about the accident details on 21st Aug:

21-Aug-2015:
Dropped a mail to the previous owner informing him how I accidentally came to know about the accident history of the car.

25-Aug-2015:

The owner replied back stating neither he was aware of the replacement of the Chassis. He was only told that there was an accident while his maternal uncle had taken it for function and he had got it all fixed. He mentioned that he would like to help me, however there is no one at home in Pune and it is highly unlikely that his sister would find the key or code at home (this code was required for making the duplicate key). Regardless he would give it a try & let me know in couple of days time.

27-Aug-2015:
I wrote back to owner, if he Was you able to talk to his uncle? Did he get any further details as to how the accident had happened and if the insurance was claimed? If yes, then who was the authorized signatory to give the go ahead for insurance processing (did he sign it on your behalf or your father as PoA)?

Same day I went to DSK Toyota, Bavdhan. I had a one hour long discussion with their General Manager Service and Head Customer Relations. As per the company policies I will have to submit a written application, which will then be forwarded to the concerned dept, to dig out the complete service history. I promptly gave them the handwritten application on the spot and took an acknowledgement for it. They said that it would take 3-4 working days. They would mail it to me by coming Tuesday, Sep 1st. I planned to forward the history to the previous owner once I received it.

29-Aug-2015:
I called up my DSK Service Advisor in the morning and asked him if the car Evaluator will be available that day for my Innova's evaluation (given that it was Raksha Bandhan). He confirmed the availability and I went there in the afternoon along with TBHPian, Shahbaaz (thanks Shahbaaz for accompanying me that day). On reaching there we started the conversation with the Evaluator. He checked the documents (RC book and Insurance). He asked if I was the second owner. He noted down few things and then took the car for a spin. After about 15 mins he came back, inspected some few more things. He asked me if the car had met with an accident (I believe the SA might have informed him the complete car history). I replied in affirmation. We then sat across the table for the valuation discussion. He asked me what was my expectation. I told him I don't have any value in mind and asked him to give me his best offer. He quoted to me a price much lower than my expectation. On asking why the offer was so low, he said since this is an accident car, when they would make a sale to a potential customer they will have to disclose the complete service history and this being an accident car won't fetch a good price. I agreed with him to certain extent, but then I was very sure they will add their margin of at least a lakh or more when they will sell it to a customer (obviously that will include warranty and free services). On asking if U-Trust takes accident cars, he replied in affirmation, but then they reveal it to the cutomer while making the sale.

On the night of Raksha Bandhan @ 11:00pm in the night I called the previous owner. I had a very lengthy discussion with him almost for half an hour. We started the discussion on a very friendly note, asking him if he had received rakhi form his sister, then talked about education system in US. We then came to the point of car's valuation. I started with 7.5L saying that I got it evaluated from two agents, one quoted 6.0L and other 7.1. Adding around 40-50K for the accessories that I put, 7.5K was a fair price. He however said that his evaluation gave him a value ot 6.6L and then adding 40K for the accessories, it comes to 7L. I then dropped down to 7.25L, but then he was firm on 7L. I didn't want to loose this opportunity, hence settled for 7L finally.

I then dropped a mail to him immediately after our conversation ended. In the mail I mentioned that he has agreed to pay a price of INR 7 lacs (7,00,00.00) for the car in as-is condition. He will try to arrange the finances and credit the money to my bank account (my bank account details shared with him) within a period of 2 weeks (tentative date 15-Sep-2015). Requested him to transfer some money as a token amount so as to confirm that the correct account is getting credited.

Once the complete amount would get credited to my account I will arrange to handover the car and the car key to his authorized representative.

31-Aug-2015:
I got a reply to my mail that some one would come and have a look at Vehicle during that week (To Check AS-IS Condition). He will share my number with the person who would come and asked me about a suitable time. I replied back immediately informing him time between 8am to 9:30am on week days and on week ends any time is suitable.

01-Sep-2015:
Meanwhile I received the car's complete service history from DSK Toyota in the morning. Attaching below the car history file that I received from DSK Toyota. Refer the details from Record#12

Service History 01-Sep-2015 MH12FF5975.pdf

I replied back to the dealership expressing my gratitude for going out of the way and digging the complete service history of this car for me. I thanked them for their excellent support and helping me immensely in the last couple of days. Expected to receive similar co-operation from them in future in case the need arises. The very next day I shared the complete service history with the previous owner hoping against hope that now at least I
will get to know the exact history. However he hardly reads any mails.

05-Sep-2015:
I did not get any reply to my mail neither any phone call. However around 08:00pm I got a call from him. He gave me the name of person (his father's friend) who will be visiting my home to inspect the car. He said that he will text me his mobile number. He said that he had some issue with online transfer through ICICI bank. He has a India mobile number registered with the bank, which currently he is not using being outside India. Whenever he tries to do online transfer the bank sends the OTP (One Time Password) on this number, which he obviously won't come to know as the sim card is not in use. Due to this be said that he may not be able to meet the 15th Sep deadline. He said that he will be sending me a cheque of ICICI bank for the full amount through a courier. The other option that he gave me was that his parents will be returning back to India on 15th Oct and they can then handover the cheque to me personally. I preferred the first option obviously. He said that Monday being a public holiday he will send the cheque through courier on Tuesday 8th Sep. I told him to inform me the Airway Bill Number to track the courier.

I asked him if he had gone through my e-mail in which I had shared the complete service history. It had the details of the accidental damage repair. He said that he had not gone through it. I gave him some brief info like the car was in the workshop for more than 3 months for this major repair, 5.69 lacs were the total expenses.

He said that these expenses were settled directly by his uncle. His father had however asked him to send around 40-50K as co-pay. Ideally paying such huge amount even after claiming insurance should have set the alarm bells ringing in his mind, but it never struck to him that the damages would be so huge. I then asked him if he could talk to his uncle, to which again he said no. I mentioned to him that they must be some frontal collision because the radiator, windshield, roof top, right side door and glasses were replaced. He mentioned that the accident happened during night on the way to Nanded and apparently it was a frontal collision with truck. Still
he didn't reveal the exact circumstances in which the accident had happened. He asked me form whom I had got the evaluation done. I said that it was a friend's known agent and he evaluated the same price which we had finalized.

09-Sep-2015:
I got a call from a lady in the morning and she identified herself as the previous owner's sister. She asked me if she can come to my home along with the owner's acquaintance to inspect the car. Since I was about to leave for office and moreover I didn't want the inspection to happen at my home because then parent's would immediately come to know. So I fixed a time of 5pm on Saturday. I said that I would bring the car to her home and have the people inspected the car at their home.

12-Sep-2015:
At the said time I reached the previous owner's home, parked the car in his parking and called his sister. She informed me that the two gentlemen who were supposed to come will take some time to reach her place and asked me to wait in their home. When I reached there she introduced me to her hubby. I then started probing about the accident and got some more insights. She said that her maternal uncle and her parents (both father and mother) were traveling together to Nanded for the wedding ceremony and in the wee hours a truck coming from the opposite direction brushed the right side. She said that none of the occupants were injured and right side got damaged. Now the interesting part she revealed was that her father was in the car when this accident happened. So the gentleman was an eye witness to the accident, however he cleverly chose not to reveal this to me while making the deal. It seems he himself might have done all the paperwork for claiming insurance.

Almost after half an hour the two gentlemen (inspectors) arrived at their home. All four of us owner's sister, two men and myself went to their car parking. They checked the car inside out, opened the bonnet, checked the engine bay, asked me to crank the engine. They then took the car for a spin of 3-4 kms. The man at the wheel tried all antics, racing the car, then braking it suddenly, turning the steering wheel violently from one side to the other (same way as the F1 drivers do during the warmup lap), drove the car at low speeds in higher gear (to check the luggability), when in neutral raced the car beyond 3K rpm to check the amount of smoke it
emitted. I came to know that both these men were from the State Transport workshop (famously known as Dapodi workshop), where the owner's father was working earlier.

No doubt he was driving the car as if he was driving a bus or a truck. Finally he had to admit that the car was in good condition. The man testing the car asked me why I am selling it if the car is in perfect condition. Probably he was not knowing the car's complete history. I then spelt out the complete list of the parts that were replaced and told him that when I sell this car, I will have to reveal the complete history to the prospective buyer. Will I be able to sell and get a decent price for such a car. After their test drive I asked if they want to check anything else. When they said "No" I informed the sister to call her brother and inform him that the
car has been inspected and proceed with the payment.

After reaching home I dropped a note to the previous owner. Informed him about the car's inspection and told him that he can get the feedback either from the people or his sister.

As per the last conversation with him, he had mentioned that he was facing problems with online fund's transfer and he would be issuing me an ICICI Bank cheque (payable at Pune). Now that the car inspection was done, I asked him to let me know when he can send that cheque. Also told him to send me the details of the courier airway bill number so that I can track it online.

Once I receive the cheque I will deposit it in my bank. After the amount of 7 lacs is credited to my account on the ensuing weekend I will hand over the car, one remote key and car papers (Original RC on my name, Insurance and all the service bills) to his sister. If his sister can keep the forms 28/29 ready I can give my signatures on them. I will also make a small agreement preferably on a Rs 100/- stamp paper, which will mention that the car is being sold to him and his sister can sign that on his behalf.

14-Sep-2015:
Got a text message from the owner's sister asking me to send a copy of the RC card. I sent her both the old and new one. Also she asked about the current odo reading. I gave her that info too.

15-Sep-2015:
Still no reply to my e-mail that

18-Sep-2015:
Got a reply from the owner, with wishes for Ganesh Chaturthi !! He expressed apologies for the delayed response. He said that he was traveling for Business meetings and mentioned that he Would call during his night time (Saturday morning IST); He had one question though about odometer reading. He said that car should have run for 16000 km in last one year whereas had actually ran 22000.

I immediately shot back a reply with my explanation. Not sure how he had arrived at the figure of 22,000km. When I took the delivery of the car from his father (on 8th Nov 2015) the odo reading was 50,596 km. When I took the car to his place last Saturday (12th Sep 2015) for inspection the odo reading was 67,290 km. Now I asked him to do the maths. The difference was coming 16,694 km.

Irrespective of the above calculations I told him that I could not correlate the relevance of the odo reading with our discussion here. I told him that we will sort this out over the phone call. Looking forward for his call during your night time today (Saturday morning India time)

I was waiting for his call over the week end (19th and 20th Sep), however Unfortunately did not receive any.

21-Sep-2015:
During my night time I called him on his mobile and told him that I was waiting for his call. Without waiting for explanation I straightaway asked him when is he sending the cheque. He mentioned that he has financial problems, at present he has 5 lacs in his bank and he is trying to make up for the balance amount by selling his Vista. For a moment I was tempted to ask him what are his expectations, but then I held back for the simple reason that I cannot burn my fingers twice. I told him to send me the cheque for the amount that is in his bank and he can send me the balance amount cheque later. He agreed to it and said that he will be informing me the AWB number of the courier. After a pretty heartbreaking weeks, this was the first positive news that fell on my ears.

22-Sep-2015:
I was hoping to see a mail/ reply from him, but there was none. So I once again send him a reminder that as per our telephonic conversation yesterday, he mentioned that he has about INR 5 lakhs balance in bank and he are trying to get the remaining 2 lakhs by selling his Vista. Not sure he you will be able to collect the full amount. Hence as suggested yesterday, requested him you to send me the cheque of 5 lakhs as early as possible. Because it will take time to reach me and then further time to get the amount credited in my account. Once I get the initial amount, I can at least go ahead and book another car. New car delivery may take a month or more, till that time he can arrange the balance and send the balance amount cheque. As soon as the balance gets credited I can hand over the car, keys and documents to his sister (or any authorized personnel).
Awaiting to hear on the cheque dispatch and the AWB number to track it.

29-Sep-2015:
Almost one week went by and no response from the owner. I had made up my mind, not to call and pester him. On the first working day after Ganesh festival, i.e. 28th Sep evening, I shot him a mail reminding him of the deal. To my pleasant surprise, received a reply from him within couple of hours stating that he had sent the signed

RTO forms & Cheque of 4.5 lacs to his sister's address on Thursday, 24th September. He will need some more time to arrange the remaining amount; will keep me posted.

I was so much relieved on seeing this mail, cannot express in words. This meant that he was committed to the deal and is not going to backtrack. But his mail kept me wondering, if he had dispatched the cheque on 24th itself, then why didn't he immediately inform me. He had to wait for my reminder mails to respond back.

Nevertheless I then dropped a text message to his sister, requesting her to inform me once she receives the cheque, so that I can personally come to collect it.

Collecting this cheque, depositing it in my bank and getting the money credited to my account will be a big achievement and an important milestone for me to go ahead and book my next car.

02-Oct-2015:
I received the Tracking number early morning by e-mail. The courier was indeed dispatched on 24th Sep, but it was by USPS, so it would take its own sweet time to reach its destination. Everyday I would track it online at least 4-5 times in a day, but there would be little progress.

08-Oct-2015:

The last status mail that I got from USPS on 2nd Oct mentioned that the parcel had reached Delhi Airport. However after that, for almost 6 days it was showing the same status and not moved any further. Wondering where the parcel has gone in the meantime.

10-Oct-2015:

In the night I received a call from the previous owner that his sister has received the parcel. I immediately sent a text message to his sister asking her when can I come to collect the cheques, however did not get any reply. Next day (Sunday) morning I called her and asked the same question. She said that I can come over to collect the cheque and hand over the car and key to her. I said sorry, unless the money gets credited to my account I cannot hand over the car. She then said that she will get an affidavit created with her advocate, which I will have to sign off. I agreed to this. She said that she will get that ready on Tuesday, Oct 13th.

13-Oct-2015:
I received a call in the morning from her asking me to come to the advocate's office by 06:00pm. I told her that since I work in second shift, I cannot come in the evening. We then agreed for 11:00am on Wednesday.

14-Oct-2015:
I met her at the decided time and venue. She handed over the two cheques to me and I signed the affidavit that she got prepared from Advocate/ Notary. Unfortunately my name was wrongly written on both the cheques. I called my Bank's Relationship Manager for depositing both cheques in my account. Luckily the cheques were of the same branch in which I had my account. He informed me that once the bank receives the confirmation from the payee (after calling him), they will transfer the money to my account. Once the money gets credited, I will hand over the car, one key and documents to his sister.

15-Oct-2015:
The bank called the owner in the morning and after getting confirmation from him, the funds transfer happened. I called up his sister and informed her that I will hand over the car, documents and key to her on Saturday, Oct 17th. I also told her that I would be getting an affidavit that the car is being handed over to her and she is responsible for it after 17th Oct.

So on coming Saturday, I would be bidding adieu to my beloved Black Workhorse, with a very heavy heart. Cannot imagine what will happen when I will break this news to my parents tomorrow morning.
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks